Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding

Go down

Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding Empty Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding

Post  a<r Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Endotoxin attenuates growth hormone-induced hepatic insulin-like growth factor I expression by inhibiting JAK2/STAT5 signal transduction and STAT5b DNA binding
Yu Chen,1 Difei Sun,1 Vidya M. R. Krishnamurthy,2 and Ralph Rabkin1,2

1Department Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford; and 2Research Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California

Submitted 1 November 2006 ; accepted in final form 19 February 2007

ABSTRACT

Gram-negative sepsis with release of endotoxin is a frequent cause of cachexia that develops partly because of resistance to growth hormone (GH) with reduced insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) expression. We set out to more fully characterize the mechanisms for the resistance and to determine whether in addition to a defect in the janus kinase 2 (JAK2)-signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) 5b pathway, required for GH-induced IGF-I expression, there might also be a more distal defect. Conscious rats were given endotoxin and studied 4 h later. In liver of these animals, GH-induced JAK2 and STAT5 phosphorylation was impaired and appeared to be caused, at least in part, by a marked increase in hepatic tumor necrosis factor-α and interleukin-6 mRNA expression accompanied by elevated levels of inhibitors of GH signaling, namely cytokine-inducible suppressors of cytokine signaling-1 and -3 and cytokine-inducible SH2 protein (CIS). Nuclear phosphorylated STAT5b levels were significantly depressed to 61% of the control values and represent a potential cause of the reduced GH-induced IGF-I expression. In addition, binding of phosphorylated STAT5b to DNA was reduced to an even greater extent and averaged 17% of the normal control value. This provides a further explanation for the impaired IGF-I gene transcription. Interestingly, when endotoxin-treated rats were treated with GH, there was a marked increase in proinflammatory cytokine gene expression in the liver. If such a response were to occur in humans, this might provide a partial explanation for the adverse effect of GH treatment reported in critically ill patients.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down