Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

+7
albe
baller234
LA-Night
tonyj
ubraj
misterE
CausticSymmetry
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. Empty Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:07 am

J Nutr Biochem. 2010 Jun 22.
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.Zhao J, Harada N, Kurihara H, Nakagata N, Okajima K.

Department of Translational Medical Science Research, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan.

Sensory neurons release calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) upon activation. We previously demonstrated that CGRP increases insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) production in various tissues of mice including the skin. We demonstrated that isoflavone increases the CGRP synthesis in the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons in rats. Since IGF-I plays a critical role in hair growth, we hypothesized that isoflavones may promote hair growth by increasing the IGF-I production in hair follicles. We examined this hypothesis using wild-type (WT) and CGRP-knockout (CGRP(-/-)) mice. Isoflavone significantly increased the CGRP mRNA levels in DRG neurons isolated from WT mice (P<.01). Administration of isoflavone for 3 weeks increased the dermal levels of CGRP, IGF-I and IGF-I mRNA in WT mice, but not in CGRP(-/-) mice. Isoflavone administration increased the immunohistochemical expression of IGF-I in hair follicle dermal papilla cells in WT mice. Significant enhancements of hair follicle morphogenesis, hair regrowth, and hair pigmentation were also observed in WT mice administered isoflavone. However, none of these effects in WT mice were observed in CGRP(-/-) mice. These observations strongly suggest that isoflavone might increase IGF-I production in the hair follicle dermal papilla cells in mice through increasing CGRP production in the sensory neurons, thereby promoting hair growth associated with melanogenesis in mice.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. Empty Re: Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 am

McDougall

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/april/050400pusoy.htm

Back to top Go down

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. Empty Re: Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

Post  misterE Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:18 am

Steven_Tyler wrote:McDougall

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/april/050400pusoy.htm

Nice find!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 am

Note how in Asia they consume fermented soy.

Don't see that too often in the west however.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 am

jdp701 wrote:Note how in Asia they consume fermented soy.

That's true. Here in the USA we eat mostly processed soy like soy-meat or soy-milk and very little actual soybeans.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 am

"http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=19062253"

Going to have to re-evaluate that Capsaicin and Isoflavone study. I tried this for a couple of months and saw a lot of vellus hairs develop around the front hair line but never terminal hairs. I did see a few new terminals hairs on the top, but I can't be certain of this result because I spent less time observing the area. Instead of taking the isoflavone in pill form, I made a green tea with soy milk and adding a little cayenne pepper. I stopped and after a few months I went through an observable shed. I'm sure I'm losing hair throughout the day, but during the shed I was able to see maybe 2 or 3 hairs in the shower a day for maybe two weeks.

My concern is the long term effect of taking isoflavones. The anecdotal evidence I have is that the local Japanese soybean curd maker took over the family business and he is completely bald.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm

There's so much conflicting information on the benefits/dangers of soy.

With the Densiti thread receiving considerable attention, it'd be interesting to hear all the pro-soy and anti-soy people discuss soy.

I will admit, however, that it seems like fermented soy is preferable to non-fermented soy.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 am

jdp701 wrote:Note how in Asia they consume fermented soy.

They also consume unfermented. Tofu, which is widely consumed in Japan, is unfermented. Edamame (baby soy beans) are eaten frequently as a bar snack (much like peanuts in the US).

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:50 am

LA-Night wrote:

I will admit, however, that it seems like fermented soy is preferable to non-fermented soy.

Fermenting soy is the only safe way to consume.

However, 95% of soy in US is genetically modified!

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 am

jdp701 wrote:
LA-Night wrote:

Fermenting soy is the only safe way to consume.

However, 95% of soy in US is genetically modified!

That's crazy. Just think of all the pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer they use to grow soybean in this country.

Do you think fermented soy milk protects people from the genetically-modified soybean?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 am

Boiled soybeans also is safe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 am

I'm really not clear on fermented soy products... if one were to acquire soybeans in a grocery store in canned form (definitely not preferable) how do I allow these beans to reach a fermented state? The act of canning them will use sodium and other means of preserving I would imagine, which is the last thing I assume this process will want.
This whole fermented soy business is a piece of work.

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:35 am

I don't really believe that excess IGF-1 is good for MPB. From what I understand, IGF-1 has a strong role in upregulating the number androgen receptors in the scalp.

There's an old study discussed on here a while back that I wanted to touch upon. It was an observational study, which said that finasteride users who had the most regrowth had higher levels of IGF-1. It was concluded that IGF-1 was good for hair. However the correlation doesn't necessarily mean that IGF-1 is helpful in allowing for hair regrowth. It could be that IGF-1 is only very bad in conjunction with DHT (because of IGF-1's affect on androgen receptors), and consequently men with high levels of IGF-1 had more success with androgen blockade despite IGF-1 contributing to the androgen overload in the first place.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 am

LA-Night,

Not sure if fermenting soy helps genetically modified soy to be safer. I personally doubt it but don't know.

Mercola has done a lot of good articles about dangers of genetically modified and seems to have a lot of good info there. If there was an answer maybe Mercola wrote about it.

action<reaction,

"tempeh, miso, and natto" are examples of fermented soy.

A quote

"About 1000 B.C. some smart person in China discovered that a mold, when allowed to grow on soybeans, destroyed the toxins present and made the nutrients in the beans available to the body."

http://www.naturalnews.com/025513_soy_food_soybeans.html

On another note, last year someone brought up the thicker hair that Koreans have over their Asian counterparts. Interestingly, it was said the Koreans consume greater amount of fermented soy. Wouldn't be surprised if this connection was true.

Personally, I'll stick with fermenting via homemade yogurt for 24 hours.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 am

Albe - the soy capsaicin combo supposedly works through among other mechanisms by increasing dermal igf right ? Is it not well established that it is beneficial ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 am

albe wrote:I don't really believe that excess IGF-1 is good for MPB. From what I understand, IGF-1 has a strong role in upregulating the number androgen receptors in the scalp.

There's an old study discussed on here a while back that I wanted to touch upon. It was an observational study, which said that finasteride users who had the most regrowth had higher levels of IGF-1. It was concluded that IGF-1 was good for hair. However the correlation doesn't necessarily mean that IGF-1 is helpful in allowing for hair regrowth. It could be that IGF-1 is only very bad in conjunction with DHT (because of IGF-1's affect on androgen receptors), and consequently men with high levels of IGF-1 had more success with androgen blockade despite IGF-1 contributing to the androgen overload in the first place.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Recently, when my libido was low, I could take a ton of Deer Antler Velvet and not experience much of an effect. However, after high dose Nettle Root Extract (now), when I was walking around with a hard on all day, once I added Deer Antler Velvet, I got the crazy surge that it promises.

Also, when I was much younger and first tried Deer Antler Velvet, I would get that ridiculous surge. At first I thought it was great of course, but then realized that it was probably spiking androgens too much. That's why I originally dropped it back in the day.

All said, I think IGF-1 works in tandem with circulating androgens: DHT.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:24 am

albe wrote:I don't really believe that excess IGF-1 is good for MPB. From what I understand, IGF-1 has a strong role in upregulating the number androgen receptors in the scalp.

Free-IGF-1 = Bad!
Protein-bound-IGF-1 = Good!

The men in the study had a upregulation on IGFBP in their scalps.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:28 am

misterE wrote:

Free-IGF-1 = Bad!

This question may seem foolish upon further reading, but how does one go about switching the free IGF-1 to the protein Bound variety?

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:43 am

A high fiber, low fat, moderate protein diet... basically the Mcdougal diet however I don't believe you have to take it that far. I believe incorporating moderate amounts of wild caught sea food such as the Japanese do would not be detrimental. Also EGCG increases IGFBP-3. I believe fasting and excercise do as well.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 am

baller234 wrote:A high fiber, low fat, moderate protein diet... basically the Mcdougal diet however I don't believe you have to take it that far. I believe incorporating moderate amounts of wild caught sea food such as the Japanese do would not be detrimental. Also EGCG increases IGFBP-3. I believe fasting and excercise do as well.

I'm pretty well on this diet, very little cooked / processed foods, I do get a fair amount of fresh Cod fish, Soy Milk. Raw foods really are a staple of my diet. I also drink a strong green tea extract.

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 am

I wonder if soy isoflavones increase IGFBP-3 as well?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 pm

misterE wrote:

Free-IGF-1 = Bad!

The only problem with the bound IGF-1 and bound testosterone to SHGB is that, let's face it, it makes being a porn star difficult.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 am

action<reaction wrote:
misterE wrote:

Free-IGF-1 = Bad!

This question may seem foolish upon further reading, but how does one go about switching the free IGF-1 to the protein Bound variety?

High-fat-diet stimulates free-IGF-1.
Dietary-protein, especially animal-protein increases free-IGF-1.
Dietary-fiber helps to increase IGFBP's.
Fasting increases IGFBP's.
Many phyto-nutrients; phytoestrogens, polyphenols and antioxidants found only in plant-based-foods help increase IGFBP's.
Exercise will also increase IGFBP's
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 am

^ Thanks MisterE.

I guess I'm already on this path then.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:49 am

Gibson wrote:

The only problem with the bound IGF-1 and bound testosterone to SHGB is that, let's face it, it makes being a porn star difficult.

I wouldn't say that... There is always going to be a small amount of free-IGF-1 and free-testosterone to induce libido, just not enough to cause baldness or cancer.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next