Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Hereditary MPB - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hereditary MPB

+12
teacup
Amaranthaceae
goten574
tonyj
NewReg
Hoppipolla
diffuse
CausticSymmetry
Decro435
ubraj
randle20
Lambaugh
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hereditary MPB - Page 2 Empty Re: Hereditary MPB

Post  teacup Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Or, here's another theory:

The native women favored males with MPB and thus the "gene" for baldness got to be passed down to more individuals.

Perhaps the women looked at men in their villages and noticed that all the smart, tactical, successful ones (maybe ones with positions of authority or with more possessions i.e. modern day equivalent of money/business/property) and found these men provided a better future for their children so they mated with bald males as they associated baldness with security.

Maybe the men that balded were ones that ate a lot due to their success causing MPB, or worried a lot about their possessions exhibiting MPB as a result.

Women today still see balding men as successful and men with a full head of hair as younger, equating success with age.

aha?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 pm

The point is teacup, we don't know, maybe at one point in human history there were no men with MPB. We assume there were MPB in the past because we now have a culture that examines these superficial identifications. But MPB maybe something recent.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 am

Reply to any link between corticosteroids and moon face?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 am

tooyoung - Yes that can happen. Asthma can be eradicated in children usually by one of two measures, either supplying them with enough vitamin D, or having them eliminate allergic foods (such as sugar, wheat/gluten).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 am

I've been taking asthma inhalers for years, I don't take them as frequently as I used to due to my asthma being better. Will just stopping them unless really needed stop/reduce moon face? I don't know if I have it, I'd probably know if I had it.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

In Norway the amount of children suffering from asthma is 26 %. Iow, 1 out 4 children below 10 suffers from asthma. When comparing this number to the 0.05 or something that was the amount 30 years ago, one could say that the incidences of asthma has skyrocketed.

Diet, lack of exercise and pollution is blamed, childrens genetic make up is being altered through enviromental exposure.

This is epigenetics, and that is exactly what we are dealing with when we try to improve our mpb through diet, supplements and even medication like finasteride. The principles between treating mpb with finasteride and diet and supplements and topicals is the same, the genetic expression is affected by what we expose our follicles too. The same goes for bloodwessels, muscles, connective tissue and further on. In physiotherapy, we see a clear link between diet and incidences ligamentous injuries, muscle strains and so on. RA patients clearly states that their disease is affected by how they eat. RA is an autoimmune disease.

I find it very hard to understand when someone says that diet and mpb is not related, and it is a purely genetic disorder. I believe they have it completely wrong, because diet and genetics are closely linked.. epigenetics is something we will hear more and more from in the future.

Will we cure mpb with diet? I guess not, I dont believe so.. but is surely helps.. just like finasteride does.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:06 am

We should also remember that most of the stuff we've been eating for many many years have been heavily modified (constantly refined, by both man and nature), somewhat leading to the use of GMO's.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't know to much about the epigenetics but I did see a NOVA program on the subject. It was though provoking to say the least; what your recent ancestors experienced can play role in your inherited genes. From what I understand, there is a non-genetic component to these genes that can be influenced by environmental conditions that actually don't affect the genes sequence but still can have a different genetic expression. So, if epigenetics is true, then it is possible to change the genes behavior? Instead of an environmental condition that changes a gene expression to something that is deleterious, maybe something that works positively, maybe change the gene expression for MPB? Or did I just misunderstand epigenetics completely?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Fri May 06, 2011 7:18 am

Bump - CS, on the first page of this thread you said at some point you'd be looking into possibile non-surgical methods of dealing with jawbone infections. Is there any update on this?

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 am

diffuse - Yes, I looked into it. The findings were not so good. The problem is that infectious material has to be removed. Even if there was a way to obliterate it, there is no passage way for the obliterated material to go, just leaves more noxious waste.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat May 07, 2011 1:57 am

Thanks for the update, disappointing news though. I've read that zappers may help in some cases, does this mean you disagree with that given what you say above?

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2