Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hereditary MPB EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hereditary MPB EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hereditary MPB EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hereditary MPB EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hereditary MPB EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hereditary MPB EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hereditary MPB EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hereditary MPB EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hereditary MPB EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hereditary MPB

+12
teacup
Amaranthaceae
goten574
tonyj
NewReg
Hoppipolla
diffuse
CausticSymmetry
Decro435
ubraj
randle20
Lambaugh
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hereditary MPB Empty Hereditary MPB

Post  Lambaugh Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi

There is something I have been thinking about for a while. When I read that The Natural stopped his loss by the use of curcumin/resveratrol, I thought to myself that his loss in the beginning probably was not caused by his genetics, but some outside parameter such as diet or similar. I am thinking the same thing about IH.

The question I am trying to ask is: If someone has MPB because of genetics (i.e. a family history of MPB), then is the IH-regimen also able to stop that?

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Hereditary MPB Empty Re: Hereditary MPB

Post  randle20 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 am

Theres alot of information on this site about this question but from my experience the IH regimen will either stop/slow down / or help regrow hair that has been a result of MPB.

It really all depends on fixing the underlying factors which can be seen on the "How to Implement" section on the site. http://www.immortalhair.org/howtoimplement.htm

For me it was Optimizing Thyroid Function/Removing Heavy Metals. As I have not seen spectacular results yet I have been able to Slowdown/stop my hairloss.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 am

I find it hard to believe in hereditary MPB now... everything had a cause, hair base-jumping does too. The evidence is there in abundance that we have hereditary predisposition to weakness in the parts of our bodies that govern hair growth, it's not as simple as just MPB for no reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:10 am

IMO, MPB really is a hereditary condition but most people when they say this say it in a fatalistic way as if nothing can be done about it. Fortunately, they are wrong. The information on epigenetics shows we can affect genes via diet/environment.

Interstingly, retroviruses and miasms are passed on through the mother (maternal) line which is essentially what I do with Rife.

Anyhow, there are many many ways one can "stop" hair loss. It really is about finding out which area affects you through experimenting and researching... lots of experimenting and researching.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 am

Well said JDP. A lot of people don't understand genetics, I'm one of them, having somebody explain it's role to us is very helpful.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:26 am

Genetics is an excuse for what the backward medical profession doesn't understand. It is currently set up to treat symptoms not cure the condition. This is sadly how the business operates by patents and expensive tests.

There's already plenty of research behind why we get heart disease and diabetes, two conditions which share some similarity with hair loss.

While the research exists to prevent and reverse it, most physicians practice using palliative therapies instead, and ignoring the cause completely.

Heart disease and diabetes and hair loss one a common bond, they are all affected by the thyroid gland. What causes a problem thyroid? The answer is many, and that answer will resolve our hair loss.

I see about a dozen studies dedicated towards genetic expression per week on heart disease and other conditions and it's all very pointless, if not downright insulting (to me), because they are merely looking at the exhaust fumes from a jet instead of the jet itself.

Genetics do not always control a physiologic response, they can be altered depending on their environment.

Of course, thyroid will not be blamed by most physicians because they do not even know how to test for it correctly.

There is no test that currently exists to observe cellular thyroid activity, instead they measure the blood which means almost nothing.

It will be two decades later and if I say what I've been saying lately about cancer, most will still look at me as if I have two heads, because I say the research clearly shows that most cancer is caused from jaw bone infections.

MPB can be cured, it can be stopped. We cannot regrow bald spots yet, and while there is some evidence it is possible, I am not too optimistic. We can regrow existing hairs, which increase the diameter of the shaft considerably, making the appearance of very thick hair.

This whole process begins with identifying what causes are particular to the individual. The more aggressive cases invariably will have either jaw bone infections, heavy metal burden or both. Then it's just a matter of a better diet (less sugar) and proper supplements to resupply electrons.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:38 am

I should give one or two examples of how genetic expression via epigenetics can be altered.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2107515-restoration-of-antioxidant-system-in-copd

In COPD, a progressive lung condition where antioxidant systems are impaired, a nutrient called sulforaphane can stop it in its tracks. Ask any pulmonologist what can be done, they will tell you it can only be treated with drugs, a certain downward spiral.

Hydrogenated oils are 97% correlated with atherosclerosis, does that mean it is genetics? Genetically predisposed perhaps, but not destiny if hydrogenated oil consumption is replaced with healthy linoleic acid.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 am

CS - Is there anything supplement-wise or in diet that can help contain or reduce the impact of a jawbone infection (assuming it is not already severe)? A healthy immune system would help, right?

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am

I believe that we are all genetically susceptible to MPB, but it's a matter of degree. Some people's follicles seem more sensitive than others (more receptors, I think). So how difficult it is to fix your MPB depends on your physical situation AND how genetically susceptible you are, IMO Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 am

My mother's father (RIP) was a Norwood 6 (diffused), two of his sons are Norwood 7, and another is Norwood 6 (diffused). My older cousin on the same side of the family is a Norwood 4. I am a Norwood 3.5 (diffused). I have a completely different lifestyle from any of them (don't drink, smoke, no caffeine, etc.), different diet (no sugar, no gluten, and eat organically 70% of the time), exercise (yoga), and I live 3,000 miles away in a climate Vitamin D rich environment.

You could say that I'm fairing the best, but I'm also the youngest and am the only one who has actively participated in battling my hair loss. I took Propecia for eight years and have been on the IH regiment for over two now (plus all of the other stuff mentioned above). And STILL, I am struggling. My diffusion progesses every year to the point that Facebook photos from just 2-3 years ago make me look like a different person. I will likely end up a Norwood 7 without a transplant. In my case, I would say UNDOUBTEDLY that genetics play a role.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:27 am

NewReg - What is your age?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:16 pm

35. I started to notice my hairline receding at 19, and by my early to mid twenties it became obvious I was having some diffusion thoughout the top. Propecia did a great job for about 6-7 years, but I noticed a decline after that. Got off Propecia at about 33 and have been on IH since then. I have definitely lost more hair since then (gone from a solid Norwood 3 to a 3.5, almost 4), but what are you going to do? Propecia wasn't doing its job really and I was scared of potential long term issues, so decided not to f with it anymore. But the debate about hereditary is moot to me. Maybe not EVERYONE experiencing MPB is due to heredity, but in my case, it couldn't be more clear.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:27 pm

diffuse - What can offset jaw bone infection, there are some possibilities, but am currently looking into how to address it besides the obvious specialized dental work. I will post info on this as soon as I can find strong evidence that it works.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 am

NewReg wrote:35. I started to notice my hairline receding at 19, and by my early to mid twenties it became obvious I was having some diffusion thoughout the top. Propecia did a great job for about 6-7 years, but I noticed a decline after that. Got off Propecia at about 33 and have been on IH since then. I have definitely lost more hair since then (gone from a solid Norwood 3 to a 3.5, almost 4), but what are you going to do? Propecia wasn't doing its job really and I was scared of potential long term issues, so decided not to f with it anymore. But the debate about hereditary is moot to me. Maybe not EVERYONE experiencing MPB is due to heredity, but in my case, it couldn't be more clear.

It's not that MPB isn't hereditary, it's that the general consensus is that genetics can't be altered. MPB is definitely hereditary in my case but I believe it's been brought about by a inherited Thyroid disorder.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 am

Decro435 wrote:
NewReg wrote:35. I started to notice my hairline receding at 19, and by my early to mid twenties it became obvious I was having some diffusion thoughout the top. Propecia did a great job for about 6-7 years, but I noticed a decline after that. Got off Propecia at about 33 and have been on IH since then. I have definitely lost more hair since then (gone from a solid Norwood 3 to a 3.5, almost 4), but what are you going to do? Propecia wasn't doing its job really and I was scared of potential long term issues, so decided not to f with it anymore. But the debate about hereditary is moot to me. Maybe not EVERYONE experiencing MPB is due to heredity, but in my case, it couldn't be more clear.

It's not that MPB isn't hereditary, it's that the general consensus is that genetics can't be altered. MPB is definitely hereditary in my case but I believe it's been brought about by a inherited Thyroid disorder.

So MPB is caused by a thyroid disorder?!
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 am

I never said that, I said in my case it has. Hypothyroidism has kickstarted and accelerated my MPB.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:19 am

Decro435 wrote:I never said that, I said in my case it has. Hypothyroidism has kickstarted and accelerated my MPB.

But it's possible for many other's MPB to have started by being Hypo? Without being Hypo, MPB would have happened much later in your life?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 am

Is it my imagination or is there an epidemic of hypothyroidism. My sister developed hypothyroidism a couple of years ago and was on medication. My cousin after his 4th tour of duty in Afghanistan developed hypothyroidism. And on both sides of my family I have a few more relatives with hypothyroidism. And on top of this, seeing lot of younger gens with MPB makes me think this is a sort of bell weather, maybe an indication that something has seriously gone wrong with something in the environment or food supply.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:00 am

tonyj wrote:Is it my imagination or is there an epidemic of hypothyroidism. My sister developed hypothyroidism a couple of years ago and was on medication. My cousin after his 4th tour of duty in Afghanistan developed hypothyroidism. And on both sides of my family I have a few more relatives with hypothyroidism. And on top of this, seeing lot of younger gens with MPB makes me think this is a sort of bell weather, maybe an indication that something has seriously gone wrong with something in the environment or food supply.

I think it's definitely just the halides in the water and the bread.

I overheard a very interesting conversation between to recent immigrants to Canada, both male, and both balding pretty bad. They knew each other obviously from some time ago and both mentioned each other's hair loss, and as they were talking (in an airport) they made the comment that it must be the water because they didn't start losing until they came here. But yeah, hypo in some level is present almost everywhere now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 am

goten574 wrote:
Decro435 wrote:I never said that, I said in my case it has. Hypothyroidism has kickstarted and accelerated my MPB.

But it's possible for many other's MPB to have started by being Hypo? Without being Hypo, MPB would have happened much later in your life?

I have no idea if I would have lost my hair later in life. Looking at my relatives, most of the men suffer extensive MPB. Fact is I believe they also suffered from Thyroid disorders. You can see it in teenagers these days, as stated earlier I also believe it's becoming a epidemic. From what I know Hypothyroidism sends the body's hormones out of whack, in turn causing MPB.

It looks like Thyroid disorders are only going to get worse in the future with all the sh*t that's being added to foods. You can see it in teenagers these days, developing those fat, moon-faces and premature hair loss.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 am

Thank you CausticSymmetry, nice posts!

By the way Selenext is back at iherb, as Selen synergy .. but same stuff afaics.

CausticSymmetry wrote:I should give one or two examples of how genetic expression via epigenetics can be altered.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2107515-restoration-of-antioxidant-system-in-copd

In COPD, a progressive lung condition where antioxidant systems are impaired, a nutrient called sulforaphane can stop it in its tracks. Ask any pulmonologist what can be done, they will tell you it can only be treated with drugs, a certain downward spiral.

Hydrogenated oils are 97% correlated with atherosclerosis, does that mean it is genetics? Genetically predisposed perhaps, but not destiny if hydrogenated oil consumption is replaced with healthy linoleic acid.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 am

What a nice thread.

Thanks to everyone that participated.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 am

I read you can get "moon face" from corticosteroids? Can asthma inhalers such as beclometasone dipropionate cause this?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:19 am

Were are ancestors bald? We have evidence in recent history of bald men in paintings, frescos and statues in the last 2000 or more years but is it true that our prehistoric ancestors were bald? I don't know the answer to that but I suspect they were not. Geneticist and scientist have discovered bald genes or genes that predisposes us to balding but we are looking at these genes in retrospect, what they do to us now and then make assumption about the human condition in the past removing the context of environment in which we live. We assumed there were ancestors with MPB. But what are these genes really telling us? Would we be looking for these genes if the same environmental conditions then exist now? These genes don't cause cancer or an autoimmune disease, but given the right environmental conditions there is high chance they could. So we have this balance of nature and nurture. Does the MPB genes fall into the category of nature, or is there some evil balance struck between nature and nurture that results in MPB? I'm hoping for the latter. Maybe we have been living with MPB for so long that we assume it is normal state for man. So if MPB is just an indicator like obesity or the rise celiac disease, except those latter indicators are more recent, would it be possible to find those ancient factors that changed our environment.

Just thinking out loud.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 am

"Maybe we have been living with MPB for so long that we assume it is normal state for man."

Bingo.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next