Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary?

+9
BOSCO
stresssucks
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
Hairy Potter
AS54
CausticSymmetry
shaftless
Conram82
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? Empty Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary?

Post  Conram82 Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi, im new here and I found out that each of the members found their hair loss problem solution differently, just want to ask if hereditary hair loss is curable? meaning, if I can have a hair regrow again? I started losing my hair when i was 21 Yrs.old and now I am 30, My crown is already thin and my scalp is already visible when under the sun Sad ... I have tried finasteride but doesnt noticed any changes, my hair still fall and there's no regrowth though it lessens the number of hair fallin...

and i have this burning sensation sometimes on my scalp and it feels good when i press my fingers on it...i wonder why.. Question  Question 

Can someone advise me which techniques or solution can I used? so grateful and blessed to found this group, or should i say family Very Happy
Conram82
Conram82

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? Empty Hope someone will respond on this...thought I could find help here :(

Post  Conram82 Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am

Hope someone will respond on this...thought I could find help here Sad
Conram82
Conram82

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? Empty Re: Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary?

Post  shaftless Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:25 pm

It's an uphill battle...especially if you have genetic hairloss. Just look over all the different studies that have been posted on this site. Maybe you'll find something that works for you.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary? Empty Re: Is it possible to have a re-growth hair even if my hair loss is hereditary?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes, it can be, however there are vitamin and mineral deficiencies that will play a role in this, so to catch it quickly will help in the battle.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:38 pm

When you get down to it, its oxidative stress. The predisposition imposes a genetic weakness, or hypersensitivity rather, to that stress. The very pathways that lead to growth inhibition have been shown to be blocked with antioxidants. The problem is that the results don't often translate in the greater picture, when we're dealing with oral supplementation. A lot more factors come into play: thyroid, adrenals, the gut, metals, methylation cycle, other nutrient deficiencies.

At best, you're running the red queen's race, and that's if you've got it under control.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Conram82 wrote:Hi, im new here and I found out that each of the members found their hair loss problem solution differently, just want to ask if hereditary hair loss is curable? meaning, if I can have a hair regrow again? I started losing my hair when i was 21 Yrs.old and now I am 30, My crown is already thin and my scalp is already visible when under the sun Sad ... I have tried finasteride but doesnt noticed any changes, my hair still fall and there's no regrowth though it lessens the number of hair fallin...

and i have this burning sensation sometimes on my scalp and it feels good when i press my fingers on it...i wonder why.. Question  Question 

Can someone advise me which techniques or solution can I used? so grateful and blessed to found this group, or should i say family Very Happy

Welcome Conram82 - that burning sensation in your scalp is called inflammation and when you press it, it gives it some kind of release, that's why it feels good. This inflammation is what is causing your hair loss.

To be honest, I don't know what causes inflammation, but it could have something to do with your diet and the effect that has had over time on your kidneys and liver.

In my opinion, it is just a symptom of something that is out of whack with your whole mind / body as a system. Again, in my opinion, no symptom is isolated from what is happening in the rest of your body and mind.

Question: Do you find that you are easily worried and that your thoughts tend to be negative a lot of the time?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Conram82 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:
Conram82 wrote:Hi, im new here and I found out that each of the members found their hair loss problem solution differently, just want to ask if hereditary hair loss is curable? meaning, if I can have a hair regrow again? I started losing my hair when i was 21 Yrs.old and now I am 30, My crown is already thin and my scalp is already visible when under the sun Sad ... I have tried finasteride but doesnt noticed any changes, my hair still fall and there's no regrowth though it lessens the number of hair fallin...

Welcome Conram82 - that burning sensation in your scalp is called inflammation and when you press it, it gives it some kind of release, that's why it feels good. This inflammation is what is causing your hair loss.

To be honest, I don't know what causes inflammation, but it could have something to do with your diet and the effect that has had over time on your kidneys and liver.

In my opinion, it is just a symptom of something that is out of whack with your whole mind / body as a system. Again, in my opinion, no symptom is isolated from what is happening in the rest of your body and mind.

Question: Do you find that you are easily worried and that your thoughts tend to be negative a lot of the time?

Hmmmm... Thanks for the response, Hmmmmm... I think i tend to do that most of the times, have a lot of worries.. Is it connected on this? Shocked 
Conram82
Conram82

Back to top Go down

Post  Conram82 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 pm

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR RESPONSE!! Very Happy 

Hmmmm... can anyone suggest where i should start?? I really don't know which should i try first or do i need to consult a doctor? Sorry, I really dont have any idea at all...  Crying or Very sad 

Lots of Thanks!!
Conram82
Conram82

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:33 pm

"Question: Do you find that you are easily worried and that your thoughts tend to be negative a lot of the time?"

go on...

hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Conram82 wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Hmmmm... Thanks for the response, Hmmmmm... I think i tend to do that most of the times, have a lot of worries.. Is it connected on this? Shocked 

If I say 'yes, there is a huge connection,' you will just worry more :-) On the other hand, I believe that thought patterns can be changed, and if that ends up making you happy then maybe it's worth saying.

I'm NOT an expert, but I have been researching the mind / body connection for a few years as it fascinates me. Yes, I would say that these thoughts, or more importantly, the emotions connected to these thoughts are very key to what is going on here.

HILYB - maybe for the sake of preserving the original intent of this thread, I'll start a new one on this topic. It is a topic that I enjoy discussing and maybe there will be other like-minded people on here who would dig it too ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Conram, my advice is to use the complete Immortal Hair regimen (not just the top 6 but all of it).  (I understand this is not affordable on all budgets, but if you can do it I recommend it.) Also, I would recommend you avoid hydrogenated oils and that you exercise as those can only help. You may want to add manuals right away (e.g. Detumescence therapy) and see if you like that and if it helps you, seeing if you have a bunch of oil and gunk clogging your follicles it may provide a lot of relief.  I don't believe I do, and after doing it with some vigor at first I now do it about 15 minutes every two to three days, to maintain the fatty layer that this method has built up in my head.  I'm not even sure if it's healthy to have this fatty layer but I went and created it so I may as well find out.  Laughing  I then follow it up by using a Morocco Method scalp massager for about 5 minutes.  

The above would be a good start in my opinion. From there on out, hopefully your hair loss would halt and maybe even reverse.  There are other options I would recommend you either wait to try or try in addition to what I posted above, e.g. LLLT (I use the OMG laser helmet with a Spectalight PulseDrive a couple times a week, although I think I should have gone with the normal LLLT from OMG  and then got the PulseDrive as something to use every few months to change it up after), topicals (I have used RejuvePlex in the past with no success for hair growth, although I still use it for my face. I am now trying out Virile Mane Enhanced and will post to the board my results in time), biological dentistry, infrared sauna, Rife, hyperbaric chambers, etc., the latter ones being things I've yet to try.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 pm

I would assume that most people on here have hereditary hair loss?

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes, I think there is a genetic component for the lot of us. But that's difficult to pinpoint. Just going by how your father's or grandfather's hair was on both sides doesn't really indicate what's predisposing you genetically. There are multiple genes involved.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 am

AS54 wrote:Yes, I think there is a genetic component for the lot of us. But that's difficult to pinpoint. Just going by how your father's or grandfather's hair was on both sides doesn't really indicate what's predisposing you genetically. There are multiple genes involved.

It sounds like you've done some research, I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the role genes have?

My mothers side has essentially no baldness whatsoever, one of her brothers is extremely unhealthy, full head of hair. My father is NW5, his father is NW7. I just assumed I got my fathers genes for hair. He has an older brother who is balding but is only maybe a NW3.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am

stresssucks wrote:
It sounds like you've done some research, I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the role genes have?

My mothers side has essentially no baldness whatsoever, one of her brothers is extremely unhealthy, full head of hair. My father is NW5, his father is NW7. I just assumed I got my fathers genes for hair. He has an older brother who is balding but is only maybe a NW3.

I'm no expert here, but there are several studies out there showing that tri-nucleotide repeats on the X-chromosome (I can't recall the region) are associated with pattern baldness pretty tightly. CAG repeats in particular. It seems a shorter amount of repeats results in a sensitized androgen receptor, however why those occur in the scalp is still up in the air.

Either way, its basically making those cells more susceptible to the effects of oxidative stress.

CS had a recent post that mentions another type of mutation common to balding people of European descent.

Also, check out a thread on the link to prostate cancer. It may be a bit out there, but I think its interesting. My opinion on the matter probably isnt the popular one here, but I don't believe a lifestyle factor or nutrient deficiency is the cause of MPB. I am firmly a believer that the underlying cause is genetic, and as a consequence, the predisposition is unavoidable. BUT, genes are not destiny. The epigenetic control over gene communication is powerful and I think mind blowing discoveries will be made in this area within the next decade. Food choices, nutrient status, other hormones, heavy metals, all contribute to how the process plays out. So what I'm saying is I think the lifestyle/dietary factors are permissive, like gatekeepers.

Similarly, other genes, like those responsible for insulin or that are involved in immunity, all contribute. To me, its not enough to simply have this gene or that gene, but rather a conglomeration of gatekeepers that let's the flood in.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

Genetics probably plays a major role.  Some say blood flow issues due to a tight galea plays a role hence all the emphasis on manuals on this website.  But what I want to know is why so many young guys going bald.  Years ago, seeing a guy in his 20's going bald was as common as sasquatch sightings.  It just didn't happen.  Now every day I see dozens of young guys balding.  So many shave their heads now I feel like I walked into a neo-nazi skinhead convention.  If it's genetics, why all the young balding guys now?  Why are their galeas suddenly tightening up in their teens and 20's instead of their 50's and 60's as in the past?
I think a lot of hair loss in young men is caused by environmental issues.  Maybe the same issues that are causing so many girls to begin puberty when their age is in the single digits.

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 am

Some 30 years ago, we did not see so much obesity, type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance around. Also there is a thin person who has bad insulin regulation, they will have lots of fat built in and around their organs (visceral fat)

So to answer the question, early balding is related to insulin regulation, which also puts heart disease at greater risk in the future.

Even before I started this forum I knew all of this...it's all in the medical literature. However, the pharmaceutical cartel and the medical industrial complex blames genetics on everything. It's a lie. Many of the polymorphisms we see today are epigenetic (altered through our toxic environment).

Rather than replenishing minerals that affect our endocrine system, we are told to take drugs that alter it. There is a disconnect between natural physiology and profiteering.

Chelate out toxins, introduce minerals that are not in our soils anymore.

I have more energy today and better hair now that I had 20 years ago. All because of a natural approach.

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Its about the gate keepers. Insulin resistance being a huge one. Lower growth hormone. Excess body fat > cytokines > inflammation. Aromatization. Lowered SHBG. Low thyroid hormone. Heavy metals and oxidative stress, with lack of detox enzymes. Imbalanced gut bacteria. Leaky gut. Poor fat metabolism and fat soluble vitamin deficiency. Methyl cycle blockade.

The gatekeepers are a bigger problem today than they were decades ago. The food supply is being genetically modified. There are countless more chemicals being used in food crop production. There is more heavy metal contamination in almost every commercial consumable, and greater levels of heavy metals in the very air we're breathing. CS already pointed out the soil depletion. But you're also getting toxins coming right up the food chain from the very bottom.

This is largely an issue of human neglect, pride, and short sightedness, that we could possibly be contaminating the environment and stripping it the way we are without that "equal but opposite" finding its way back up the chain to us...well, it's biting us in the ass right now. And even though we're personally concerned about the hairloss, there are much worse consequences of all of this.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 am

Conram82 wrote:Hi, im new here and I found out that each of the members found their hair loss problem solution differently, just want to ask if hereditary hair loss is curable?

Hair loss isn't "inherited"; a physiological state is passed on.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:32 am

droddy wrote:
Conram82 wrote:Hi, im new here and I found out that each of the members found their hair loss problem solution differently, just want to ask if hereditary hair loss is curable?

Hair loss isn't "inherited"; a physiological state is passed on.

Do you really think that hair loss isn't inherited? I'm not sure about that..
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 am

If it's inherited, it seems that every generation is 'inheriting' it earlier and earlier. My dad is only now losing his temples at 50. I don't know about his dad. My grandfather on my mother's side started losing in his late 30's. So there is a lot of things at play here.

I started losing at 20 or 19 even. Some guys here started losing at 17-18. Screw me if that's normal. I'm pretty sure that 50-60 years ago very very few people had developing pattern baldness at 20. And nowadays? There are so many already balding 20 year olds.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 am

You do not just inherit a physiological state, this implies that the entire genome can change between each generation depending upon the exposures of that individual. Can I count on getting blonde hair, blue eyes, and be 6 ft tall if I "do life right". Could I count on my kid having that if I do it right? I'm not arguing that genes are destiny, that we cannot avoid anything that we are genetically predisposed to. I'm arguing that genes that encode particular phenotypical characteristics are passed on. To say otherwise is ignoring pretty much the essential dogma of biology, which has been well established.

The genetic groundwork that promotes the environment to create balding is passed on. But epigenetic control is at work. Other genes contribute to the "conversation" and determine the outcome. That is further added to by nutrition, environmental stressors, social stressors, adaptation to these stresses.

People tend to want to look at something like male pattern baldness and assume there is something inherently "wrong" with or unhealthy about this individual. That just isn't true. Factors that promote poor health certainly can and do contribute to the rates of the hairloss process, but you simply can't argue that male pattern hairloss is the result of a poor physiological state you inherit. There are factors that contribute to baldness that are related to detrimental processes: insulin resistance primarily. But is there any proof out there that completely avoiding insulin resistance protects an individual 100% from hair loss at ANY point in their life? No.

You can't argue its the result of a poor physiological state period, becuase you are just confusing that perception with the perception you have that balding is unattractive....so what it must be true that something we culturally deem as unattractive suggests something real about the physical state of the body and its capacity to live in its environment. No. We don't like looking at balding as something deterministic in the same sense eye color is because we don't like that reality.

There are cultural things we tend to view as unattractive that are implicated in physical health problems, so we could assume some level of evolutionary input as to why we view them the way we do. Being overweight is a good example. Something about our fitness is communicated by our weight. But exactly what is baldness communicating that would serve an evolutionary sexual selective purpose...predisposition to a heart attack? Then why such a late onset? If it had enough pressure to be of value to our survival we'd expect pattern baldness to show at about 12-13 yoa.

The fact is we could be perfectly healthy and if the genes for hair loss are present, the chances are very good you'll develop baldness at some point in spite of your perfect health. What I believe is possible is to influence the rate. The rate does depend on factors we can influence with diet and supplementation. We could workaround the genetic predisposition altogether if we were able to block the appropriate signals, but we haven't been able to do that yet, and certainly not with hollistic means. There is something larger at work when it comes to hairloss than just inheriting an unhealthy physiological state, otherwise you'd see a much larger segment of the population (including women) inheriting this "state".

As human beings we are severely biased when it comes to this topic, because of our perception of ourselves as autonomous, sovereign individuals. We live in a culture and a time in the world where people, more than ever, feel above and separate from the processes of nature. We should be able to control whatever we want, and people feel entitled to that, or at least to the fact that eventually we will. Nobody likes the idea of stepping outside of their perceptions of individuality and looking at nature as a whole, with the human species as just one extension of nature. For that reason, we don't tolerate the notion that there are natural processes that are deterministic (to some degree), because what would that mean if we didn't "like" what had been determined for us? Well, we just won't have that will we. The EGO is a huge factor here. "I won't tolerate that I was given this hand, I only have one all-important life to live, and I just can't have that experience messed up by a genetic deal that I don't like."

I promise if you really start to grasp who you really are, the real reality of evolution and what it means, the idea that things are a little more deterministic than we'd like is easier to realize/accept. Again, I don't think "you have X gene" means you have "Y destiny", but there are elements of your phsyiology AND your consciousness that are determined by things outside of your control, and it doesn't even really matter. Nature doesn't give a fuck about you as an individual, just as long as populations survive in the long term.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 am

You're right... a now banned individual over at the Peat forums once said "nature doesn't have your back".

I find that more true than ever. I used to (like many others still do) think that just because something is natural it will automatically do something good for us. While it's a good starting point to assume something natural is better than what is manmade, I don't think we can expect all the answers from nature because humanity certainly hasn't been pampered by nature throughout its history.

You have to understand the processes going on in your body much better than that kindergarten level to be able to manipulate things to your favor. Once you abandon the simplistic notion of things being good / bad (this especially true for chemical processes, compounds, etc.) and start looking at things in the sense of "X in combination with Y affects Z, unless B or C are present - how can I use that to my advantage" ? Then you can start shaping some limited part of your own reality the way you really want it. None of these guru's, bloggers, researchers and whatnots can put together the puzzle that is your health. You can see the finished 1000-piece puzzle (the healthy you, that you would like to be) but you still have to put it together yourself, the best someone can do is hand you a piece here or there...

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:08 am

This question of heredity does exist.

There's zero question that individuals with a ApoE4 and ApoE3 have a greater risk of heavy metal contamination. This is seen in Alzheimer's and it is (my estimation), greater in hair loss. As mentioned numerous times, heavy metal detox is (essential for results).

We live in an age where there is metals polluting us from every direction. My personal observation is that many advanced balding people have a mitochondrial compromise. Vary likely have relatives with similar challenges (related in this fashion).

I can say for instance that individuals that express only ApoE4 are more likely to get Alzheimer's
faster than if they express ApoE2 only.

There is certainly psychology, social and unsound physiology, brought about by drug/food and mineral deficiencies.
Most people have zero clue about which nutrients they need, including even most well read dietitians.

Since modern medicine is engaged in treating symptoms only, it fails to recognize the real cause, which they ignore, because there's no repeat business, nor patents that inspire it.

As someone who has turned completely around I can already say that the way one feels is 180 degrees different. Resolving this from the inside out (toxins out, nutrients in).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 am

CS, do you believe hair loss will creep up later on in your life or do you think that it is out for good? How long should one heavy metal detox to make sure their body is completely void of them?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next