Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
CS - What is your diet ? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS - What is your diet ? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS - What is your diet ? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS - What is your diet ?

+7
catcat
blackjack
ezmbh
HairSeeker
MilBA
misterE
CausticSymmetry
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CS - What is your diet ? Empty CS - What is your diet ?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 am

You follow what kind of diet ? Vegan, Red Meat, Fish, Oils, ... ?

Currently I am following a VEGAN diet, it really helped my hair, but I'm really skinny and I'm losing weight more Sad

Back to top Go down

CS - What is your diet ? Empty Re: CS - What is your diet ?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:07 am

Steven_Tyler - I believe everyone benefits from a different diet.

This free test might help a little determine what is the right diet for you:

http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html

As far as what I eat. Mostly meat, some rice, no fruit, very little vegetation, very few grains except for pizza (my weak point) and no refined sugars or starches, except for a dessert every once in a while.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 am

CausticSymmetry wrote: no fruit, very little vegetation,

No fruit or vegetables?! What about the thousands upon thousands of phytonutrients found in plant-based foods that protect us from diseases?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:00 am

misterE - I get the phytonutrients from mostly the supplements. If I eat vegetables, it's usually the superfoods such broccoli sprouts or raw beet juice, raw spinach.

I get plenty of phytochemicals/nutrients via curcumin, resveratrol, green tea (EGCG), Ecklonia cava and some others.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 am

CS- I plan on adding some oils (Cod Liver Oil, Olive Oil) in my diet and, a few foods such as whole wheat bread, you think that good ?

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am

Any thoughts on this product as a cod liver oil supplement? It is blended with butter oil.

http://www.greenpasture.org/retail/?t=products&a=line&i=royal

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:55 am

Guys, we should also consider digestion and absorbtion.

I found some info online that may help.

1. Low-sugar (less than 8 percent sugar) fruits and veggies combine with everything.

2. Eat starches with veggies, low-sugar fruits and healthy oils. No animal protein!

3. Eat animal protein with vegetables. Try fish on a bed of steamed greens or a crunchy salad with lemon.

4. This is crucial: Eat high-sugar fruits on their own. Because of their sugar, fruits are digested extremely rapidly; therefore if occupied in the stomach waiting in 37 degree Celsius for other foods to be digested it will rot and ferment. Take a banana, peel it and put it in the sun and wait for 3 hours (or even 9, if you ate it with protein and starches) and watch what happens. It will rot. Everybody knows it is stupid to consume rotten food.

5. Healthy fats and oils go with starches, vegetables and low-sugar fruits. Nuts can be combined with all foods. This is the one single exception to high-sugar fruits.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am

HairSeeker wrote:Guys, we should also consider digestion and absorbtion.

I found some info online that may help.

1. Low-sugar (less than 8 percent sugar) fruits and veggies combine with everything.

2. Eat starches with veggies, low-sugar fruits and healthy oils. No animal protein!

3. Eat animal protein with vegetables. Try fish on a bed of steamed greens or a crunchy salad with lemon.

4. This is crucial: Eat high-sugar fruits on their own. Because of their sugar, fruits are digested extremely rapidly; therefore if occupied in the stomach waiting in 37 degree Celsius for other foods to be digested it will rot and ferment. Take a banana, peel it and put it in the sun and wait for 3 hours (or even 9, if you ate it with protein and starches) and watch what happens. It will rot. Everybody knows it is stupid to consume rotten food.

5. Healthy fats and oils go with starches, vegetables and low-sugar fruits. Nuts can be combined with all foods. This is the one single exception to high-sugar fruits.

Fat, not sugar causes diabetes. Sugar only becomes a problem when it turns to body-fat, which it does not do readily, unlike dietary-fat which is automatically stored as body-fat, which decreases insulin sensitivity and creates estrogen.

Starches and veggies together are a good idea; the fiber in the veggies will slow the absorption of starch leading to a much slower rise in blood-sugar.

High-sugar-fruit is fine because it doesn't matter how much sugar you eat or how much insulin you secrete as long as you are sensitive to it. Fruits are not bad at all, in fact they are probably the worlds healthiest foods behind vegetables and probably provided the bulk of calories for the prehistoric-humans.

Oils, should be completely avoided because cooking oils (along with animal-fat) are nothing more than triglycerides, when eaten, they turn directly into body-fat. Also oils like olive oil are shown to slow blood-flow and impair endothelial function by Dr. Robert Vogel [1].

I completely agree that animal-protein should be avoided because it directly lowers SHBG [2] allowing testosterone to become "free" to convert into estrogen and DHT. Animal protein also directly lowers IGFBP's and stimulates free-IGF-1 [3] [4] [5] [6] [7], a scenario that is shown to correlate with MPB [8]

Fats and carbohydrates don't mix. The mixture of sugar and fat is called a "double-whammy" because the sugar causes a high-insulin secretion, and the fat blocks the insulin from being taken out of circulation by the muscles.

Nuts and seeds should be eaten without any carbs for the reason mentioned above. Nuts and seeds can be combined with high-fiber vegetables like kale, broccoli, or celery and does best without carbohydrates, remember: fat and carbs don't mix. Nuts are extremely calorie-dense and are easy to over-consume. Fruit, vegetables, legumes and whole-grains have a much better nutrient-to calorie-ratio than most nuts or seeds, which should be strictly limited (but not completely avoided) in my opinion.

[1] The postprandial effect of components of the mediterranean diet on endothelial function.
[2] Diet and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin.
[3] Dietary correlates of plasma insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 concentrations.
[4] Determinants of circulating insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 concentrations in a cohort of Singapore men and women.
[5] The influence of dietary intake on the insulin–like growth factor (IGF) system across three ethnic groups: a population–based study.
[6] The associations of diet with serum insulin–like growth factor I and its main binding proteins in 292 women meat–eaters, vegetarians, and vegans.
[7] Long-term effects of calorie or protein restriction on serum IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 concentration in humans.
[8] Vertex balding, plasma insulin-like growth factor 1, and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 am

MisterE,
I don’t agree with you on the fat issue. Eating healthy fats has been proven beneficial on this forum many times. It seems that this issue will be debated forever.
The animal protein issue is something else that many don’t agree with. Why do you keep insisting that it should be avoided by all? There is no one size fits all diet. Being selective with the quality of the protein is important, but I see no need to eliminate what mankind has been eating for 100,000 years. Nothing compares to the energy boost that I get when I eat a piece of high quality animal protein. Starches just make me lazy and veggies and fruits just don’t provide the satisfaction that I get from meat. Perhaps you are different and have the exact opposite reaction if you eat meat, perhaps you just used to eat the wrong type of meat and have now developed a hatred to it, lol.. Anyway, we are all different and we cannot all fit in the same dietary box.
If animal protein lowers SHBG, how do you explain the fact that I had ZERO hair loss in my mid 30’s while eating a very high animal protein diet? My hair did not budge until I hit 36. I still have a full head of hair, which has thinned throughout my entire scalp during the past five years. As a matter of fact, I greatly reduced my intake of red meat and now mainly eat fish, chicken, veggies, brown rice and fruit. The new “healthy” diet has not helped my hair AT ALL.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 am

Steven_Tyler wrote:CS- I plan on adding some oils (Cod Liver Oil, Olive Oil) in my diet and, a few foods such as whole wheat bread, you think that good ?

Whole wheat bread might be bad if you're a fast oxidizer or if you're sensitive to wheat or gluten, or if the wheat is genetically modified.

If you find that you do well enough eating it, without any digestive complaints and if you do not experience fatigue after your meal, it might be okay.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:37 am

MilBA wrote:Any thoughts on this product as a cod liver oil supplement? It is blended with butter oil.

http://www.greenpasture.org/retail/?t=products&a=line&i=royal

This product is the only perfect cod liver oil product left on the market. It's the very best available.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 am

CS,

Can this cod liver oil replace the krill oil or borage oil as a source for GLA (GLA, an Omega-6 fatty acid)?

Should I take both cod liver oil AND krill oil? The first for the Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA,, the second for GLA?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 am

Fat, not sugar causes diabetes.

Refined sugar and syrup consumption increased by 74.7% from 1909 (up about 1,600% from 1809)

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 am

blackjack wrote:
Fat, not sugar causes diabetes.

Refined sugar and syrup consumption increased by 74.7% from 1909 (up about 1,600% from 1809)

Such an huge increase in sugar makes the percentage of fat go down, giving the illusion that fat intake has decreased when it really hasn't, in fact it has increased, just not as much as sugar.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 am

That's true but the consumption of processed fats/oils has increased while the consumption of real fat has decreased.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 am

According to LOren Cordain your diet would be terrible for someone with autommune diseaes.. (whole grains, legumes, etc)
http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/MMD-Loren-Cordain-MS-and-Autoimmune-2008.mp3

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 am

blackjack wrote:That's true but the consumption of processed fats/oils has increased while the consumption of real fat has decreased.

Just the percentages.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 am

Would you agree that processed fats/sugars are the real problem?

And that grass fed organic/wild meat is not the problem?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:18 am

I hate getting all pissy like this, but seeing this usually informed Hair Regrowth website slowly turn into a diet website that reiterates itself continually is becoming a real deterrent, and I think it's starting to damage the sites pristine reputation for some users (especially newbies).

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 am

blackjack wrote:Would you agree that processed fats/sugars are the real problem?

And that grass fed organic/wild meat is not the problem?

I would agree that processed-fats like cooking-oils and tans-fats contribute to the problem. I would also agree that synthetic-sugars like high-fructose-corn-syrup contribute to the problem. But animal-protein (organic or not) directly decreases SHBG and IGFBP's, both of which are negatively associated with insulin sensitivity. By decreasing SHBG and IGFBP's you allow free-testosterone to convert into DHT inside the sebaceous-glands and free-IGF-1 to enlarge the sebaceous-glands and/or prostate.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 am

action<reaction wrote:I hate getting all pissy like this, but seeing this usually informed Hair Regrowth website slowly turn into a diet website that reiterates itself continually is becoming a real deterrent, and I think it's starting to damage the sites pristine reputation for some users (especially newbies).

Diet plays the largest role in reversing baldness in my opinion. And obviously CS' too, considering the Immortalhair-website is centered on diet (and supplements). We all know that insulin, IGF-1 and SHBG plays a huge role in baldness and diet has the largest impact on these hormones/proteins.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 am

I'm not arguing that diet doesn't have anything to do with this, you're missing that, I think diet has everything to do with it... but there is no one diet for everybody, it is dangerous to purport otherwise. Frankly I'm offended by it, because I took a lot of this vegan dogma on myself and it hurt me, it hurt my hair, why? Because we can't rewrite our genetic predisposition in one lifetime. We have to work with who we are individually, I am not built to process tons of carbs or sugars, and it's apparent! I have no doubt that this is good for you, I can see few other reasons why you would be so passionate about it, but the real miracles of this site lay elsewhere and you know it.

Also, I threw out information regarding proper mineral balance that had a very strong factor in all three of the big diseases associated with the process of Male Pattern Baldness (plus more), but pushing it into every corner in which it will fit is not the way to spread useful information or make friends. I like you, anybody with the balls to come back here after so much bashing must have something good cookin' in them somewhere, but please, I see so many newbies just coming and going in confusion...

Back to top Go down

Post  catcat Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:31 pm

how can "very little vegetation" be healthy?

isnt that the common denominator in nearly all healthy diets?

catcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

catcat wrote:how can "very little vegetation" be healthy?

isnt that the common denominator in nearly all healthy diets?

I don't think vegetation is being argued against at all here, it's sticking to the vegetation that is correct for your ancestral / metabolic diet type, switching a Beothuk Native to a high carb / fruit veggie based diet would be disastrous.

Back to top Go down

Post  catcat Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:21 pm

how can i find my ancestral / metabolic type and know for sure?

catcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next