Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question.

5 posters

Go down

Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. Empty Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question.

Post  Decro435 Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:34 am

CS,

I started off with 1 drop of Iosol (1.8mg) and had all the detox reactions etc. At that time it gave my a great energy boost and kept my inflammation right down. Now it seems that it takes a bit more to have the same effect, is there any short way of explaining this?. It's been about 2 months now and I like to take 8-10 drops 3 times per day. I also like to take about 300mcg of Selenium daily.

I have very slight inflammation every now and then, what dosage do you believe I should be taking 2 months into supplementation?. I've ordered the larger bottle of Iosol and want to take up to 12 drops 4 times daily along with Life Extension Selenium complex and Now Thyroid Energy.

Now Thyroid Energy:
Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl) 2 mg 100%
Folate (as Folic Acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin) 60 mcg 1000%
Iodine (from Kelp and Irish Moss) 225 mcg 150%
Zinc (from L-OptiZinc - Zinc L-Methionine Complex) 25 mg 167%
Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine) (Yeast-Free) 50 mcg 71%
Copper (from Copper Amino Acid Chelate) 1 mg 50%
L-Tyrosine (Free-Form) 1.0 g (1,000 mg) †
Irish Moss (Chondrus crispus) (Thallus) 200 mg †
Guggul (Commiphora mukul) (Resinous Sap) Standardized Extract (min. 2.5% Guggulsterones) 75 mg †
Organic Kelp (Laminaria digitata) (Whole Plant) 60 mg †
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) (Root) Standardized Extract (min 4.5% Withanolides) 50 mg †

Life Extension Selenium Complex:
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 30 IU 100%
Selenium (as SelenoPure L-selenomethionine, sodium selenate, selenodiglutathione, Se-methylselenocysteine) 200 mcg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this excessive?. The Iodine consumption would be about 86mg daily, should I lay off a bit?. Also what are your opinions on Thyroid Energy and Selenium Complex?.

Do you believe as time goes on I should keep increasing my dosage, when should I plateau at a certain maintenance dosage?.

You say it takes 6-9 months to normalize the Thyroid. Should I expect to continue to lose hair until it normalizes?. Should I be taking anything to deal with the metals released?.

Also, should I wait a while between taking Iodine and Selenium?.

Thanks!.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question. Empty Re: Iodine/Selenium Dosage Question.

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 am

Decro435 - What you're doing looks really solid. Yes, it would help quite a lot to incorporate heavy metal detox.

I recommendly humifulvate for this purpose. It is a source of minerals and works great with iodine.

Your rate of iodine absorption will differ, and probably change over time. So as some point you will be able to absorb more of it. In my own case, heavy metal detox took me to another level.

Now Thyroid energy is a good product.

You hair may go through a few cycles before you get the best results.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:06 am

It is such a coincidence... I'm going through the same exact thing that Decro is going through. I take 3 Dropperfulls of Lugols 5% once at morning and once at night and it seems like if I want to get the complete "no inflammation effect" I have to keep upping my dosage... I am loosing hairs here and there but whenever I take my iodine my inflammation goes away. My basal temperature has been anywhere from 96.3-96.9 in the past 4 days of testing upon waking up... I have been taking high dosage iodine for 1 month and 1/2

If I keep taking high dosages of Iodine morning and night will my basal temperature eventually rise?
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 pm

CS, How long do detoxes generally last?. I've been taking Iodine for 2 months now and I'm feeling worse everyday. I'm not doing any salt loading, do you think I should?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Will iodine alone be enough for someone that probably doesn't have too much heavy metals in them?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Considering your response to Iodine, why the hell aren't you?!

There is a lot of talk about detox reactions - well, perhaps it isn't always a good thing.

Read this recently

T3 and iodine

Perhaps Hashi's will eventually be receded with continual iodine use? Who knows.

Not meaning to scare you or anybody. I've been taking a lot of Iodine and I'm slightly worried about the effects, considering I am hypothyroid.

I guess it just comes down to who you trust. Quite frankly, I just wish everyone could agree on whether Iodine is our saviour or not! Not saying CS or Dr. Brownstein are wrong but we are all different and have different reactions to things. I think with hairloss we are so freakin worried about losing anymore that we jump into things headfirst and worry about things later. I know that has been the case with me.

Unfortunately, iodine has done little for me in terms of scalp itch and hair fall, so I'm going to start taking Armour. I just got my latest blood work and my prolactin is through the roof. My Dr wants me to take T4 but after doing enough research, I don't think that is a good idea. Slightly concerned about the possibility of a pituitary tumour. Will have to see how I cope on Armour first.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down