Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? Empty Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto?

Post  Paradox Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:02 am

I have taken saw palmetto internally in the past and not only concluded that it didn't do much for my hair, but almost made it itch worse. I just started Suoer Zix II (with saw palmetto and beta-sis) a couple days ago and my head has been itching ever since. I can't make a definitive conclusion it is the Saw paletto/beta sis though because I stopped taking Dutasteride about 4 weeks ago- so it could be that. Anyone else had anything similar either topically or orally with SP? Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? Empty Re: Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto?

Post  Paradox Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:04 am

Just occured to me that it may be the polysorbate 80, because that stuff in the liquid minox made my head itch as I recall. if my head hadn't itched when taking SP orally in the past, I would lean towards to PS-80.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto? Empty Re: Does anyone else experience itching/adverse reaction to saw palmetto?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:48 am

JHarsh80 - Back in the good ol' bad days when I used saw palmetto internally, I remember that itch--also made my scalp greasy.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:09 am

When I started using Saw Palmetto, my acne disappeared in just a few days. I used it for like 2 months and had no acne dispite being on a poor diet of fast food, I didn't have any itchiness and I think it stopped my hair from thinning but i'm no sure about that becuase I wasn't taking pictures at that time.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:43 am

Saw Palmetto can sometimes be unpredictable. It would help reduces my fallout, but would cause occasional acne back when I used it, along with that itch.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:00 am

I took large doses of SP for 8 months, together with nettle root it stopped hair loss on the crown so
it can do something .. I never had any sides from it.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:03 am

Caustic, for how many years did you "survive" on saw palmetto or beta-sis? And were those tough times hairwise? I guess there was little else at that time ..

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 am

cpio - They helped slow down my hair loss, but they seemed useless against stress induced hair loss. You're right that was all there was at the time. Beta-Sitosterol was very hard to find then, I had to take these "natural cholesterol" pills that had it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 am

I'm thinking about adding saw palmetto ontop of the top 6, is there any problems with this? I'm thinking like just 250 mg -500 a day. Since it's a DHT blocker, is it similar to using mino-oxidil or whatever, in that any regrowth I gain from saw palmetto will be lost when I stop taking it? In another thread someone mentiond that if you take a DHT blocker for a long period of time, once you stop taking the DHT blocker, your hair will be MORE sensitive to DHT, so in the long run taking a DHT blocker did more harm to your hair since you didn't continue taking it.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:07 am

Espio - With saw palmetto withdrawal, I don't believe the Dht sensitivity would increase, at least in my own personal experience.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:56 am

Okay I had to bring this thread back up again because I tried Saw palmetto for a few days and immediately had itching all day until I quit. I took some 1000 mg capsuls once a day.

I didn't have this reaction when I was taking 250 mg a day though, which I took for a few months, so I think it might be that my dosage was too high.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 pm

Espio,

Imagine puting it straight on your head like I did! Shocked I had heard a lot of positive reports about super zix II so I ordered some, but the same itching I experienced when I used to take SP orally was exponentially greater when I put it on topically. I wonder if some people are just sensitive or allergic to it? There is definitely something going on with histamine!!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Also my scalp is not sensitive to topicals at all. I used to use tons of azaleic acid everyday. I've used retin-a with no problem... TTO, minox, cayenne pepper in ethenol...you name it!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Haha. Well when i was taking only 250 mg I had GREAT results, my acne cleared up in a few days. However I was also started taking hyaluronic acid along with the saw palmetto, so that might of been what cleared my acne rather than the palmetto. I'm not sure.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Tessi Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 am

Saw palmetto worked for me. I'm still taking it and it's been like about 3 years now. I am taking a high dosage of 3840 mg. YES, I have had itchy skin and scalp with swollen eyelids. I began taking coconut oil from the health food store - 1 tbl spoon in the morning and 1 tbl at night. Coconut oil has so many health benefits. It too prevents hair loss. It's a natural anti-inflammatory. Not to mention an AMAZING moisturizer that just comes out of your pores. Very Happy Coconut oil cleared up my itchy red spots I had on my scalp and my eye lids are normal looking again. Smile I have decided and am at the point where I would like to just take saw palmetto every other day instead of everyday. I am happy with my results, but I think for upkeep and just the maintenance for nurishing the hair follicles, I will continue taking this herb even if it's one day a week down the road. I may slowly ween myself off completely, but not without paying attention to the results along the way.

Tessi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down