Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss...

+4
CausticSymmetry
phoenix21
Hoppipolla
abc123
8 posters

Go down

Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... Empty Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss...

Post  abc123 Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 am

Since I was 17 (and nw0) I have been on a gluten free casein free diet. When I was 19 and still nw0 I read about paleo diet and have followed it ever since. Right now I'm just shy of 22 and a nw3. I see tons of fat, grease eating people at mcdonalds with perfect hairlines. If anything, eating so healthy has increased my test, speeding up the process.

Hair loss is genetic/dht based...

abc123

Back to top Go down

Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... Empty Re: Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss...

Post  Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 am

Every now and then I get a moment of weakness where I just want to say it's that, and run away and take propecia.

Then I remember that 99.5% of Japanese males didn't experience hairloss until after WWII and the introduction to American lifestyles.

Back to top Go down

Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss... Empty Re: Don't believe diet has anything to do with hair loss...

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 am

Well I'm convinced! Very Happy lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 am

Do you really think anyone on these boards is going to take you seriously with a first post like that?

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 am

Casein, gluten free diet is not the answer for everyone. Those with full heads of hair will be hit somewhere else in the body.

Fermented foods are rare in today's diet, and so bacterial homeostasis is off, then you have heavy metals, oral pathology, iodine, magnesium, vitamin D, selenium shortages, etc.

DHT is nothing when there is proper voltage regulation via the thyroid gland. Eat consume plenty of frankenfats that make our cell membranes subject to damage.

Genes can be over taken with epigenetics, this is why the supplements I take are paramount, there's no way I will ever eat perfectly--there's too much "good stuff" out there.

If your gums or teeth are suffering, that needs to be addressed.

DHT acts like a messenger, and high testosterone is not the problem. Old men with low testosterone have far more aggressive hair loss than young people. In young people with high DHT, their SHBG is usually too low and it invites higher conversion of T into DHT. Proper supplementation can normalize SHBG and reduce the oxidation potential of DHT (desensitizing it).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:37 am

Great post, CausticSymmetry.

This forum, like all dynamic forums, goes thru cycles -- some of the current threads combine old questions with new questions fueled by the revelations posters have had the last two years. But there will always be newcomers hungry for knowledge. As threads get buried, it's good to remember the basics. It's a safeguard against the deep-rooted tendency to solely demonize testosterone & DHT.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:31 am

For what its worth was not expecting anyone to take my anecdotal evidence seriously, just was wondering what kind of response I would get.

CausticSymmetry wrote:Casein, gluten free diet is not the answer for everyone. Those with full heads of hair will be hit somewhere else in the body.

Fermented foods are rare in today's diet, and so bacterial homeostasis is off, then you have heavy metals, oral pathology, iodine, magnesium, vitamin D, selenium shortages, etc.

DHT is nothing when there is proper voltage regulation via the thyroid gland. Eat consume plenty of frankenfats that make our cell membranes subject to damage.

Genes can be over taken with epigenetics, this is why the supplements I take are paramount, there's no way I will ever eat perfectly--there's too much "good stuff" out there.

If your gums or teeth are suffering, that needs to be addressed.

DHT acts like a messenger, and high testosterone is not the problem. Old men with low testosterone have far more aggressive hair loss than young people. In young people with high DHT, their SHBG is usually too low and it invites higher conversion of T into DHT. Proper supplementation can normalize SHBG and reduce the oxidation potential of DHT (desensitizing it).

Makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the power of altering gene expression through food but I'm not convinced it is as effective for a hair loss. How do you go about identifying what you need to supplement? The only thing my regime seems to be missing is curcumin/res, acetyl-l carnitine, ala. I get plenty of the last two through diet. The last 2 years I've gone to nw0 to nw3 and I've been on:

gfcf
paleo diet (occasionally have brown rice)
nizoral
omega 3s
3000UI vit-d everyday + sufficient exposure
chlorella/cilantro detox
pro-biotics
ashwaghanda

Im just not very convinced of the whole supplement, inflation, insulin, angle on hairloss.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:30 am

If my skin hadn't turned to junk I am 99% sure I wouldn't be losing my hair. And if I hadn't stressed myself out and eaten junk, my skin would probably still be fine ._.

I feel I have no-one to blame but myself Sad
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 am

Why not use supplements that actually provide a difference you can perceive and drop the others?

Biotivia's Transmax and Biospan are pretty damn good, for instance. And provide a boost that I think would be noticeable and notable.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 am

I actually ordered some biospan the other day, how is it going for you?

And how are you supposed to tell whats working or not Suspect

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 am

Hey abc,

Biospan is perhaps the best liver tonic I have used. Coupled with the calcium d-glucarate supp I recommended, there's little else to consider. If you add Reishi Gano, on top, liver wise, you should be heading into Thom Cruise territory, whatever that means. But yeah, it's a solid supplement that works deeply and I highly reccomend.

I should add, that it is apparent that not all can gauge the effects of supps with the same sensitivity. My guess is that either the supp is not needed or the person is too toxic to know the difference.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:52 am

abc,

regarding knowing what works and what doesn't: you have to add a benchmark. For me that is Bikram yoga, which if u try, u will realize perhaps is a perfect benchmark because it encompasses so much. That said, just go with what suits you. Probably doesn't even have to be physical: all said, u need a personal measuring stick for health.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:02 pm

abc123 wrote:
omega 3s
chlorella/cilantro detox
What is your source of Omega 3's? Most fish oils go rancid or become oxidized very quickly and do more harm than good. I added fermented blue ice CLO this summer and I'm crazy about it. When I used to have fish oil before I would always get slight nausea afterwards and could never understand why (since fish itself makes me feel great).

I'm also not sure that cilantro is effective at detox. I've read that it displaces heavy metals, but I'm not sure if it chelates them. I remember people on here wondering about cilantro around 6 months ago.

I'll agree with you that genetics play a huge role in susceptibility, but I don't agree with the conclusion you've come to. Going gluten/casein free is a good start, but you could still have issues with your diet even if you're on a paleo diet. Could you post a more detailed explanation of your diet here?

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Omega 3s are from fish oil. They are definitely not rancid as I bite into them to check every so often.

Yes cilantro displaces and chlorella binds them out. I'm not convinced I had any type of heavy metal problem, but I took both for a long period just to be safe.

Diet is strictly paleo apart from eating brown rice on occasion, dont know what else to say here.

Just kinda annoyed how everyone think's hair loss can be reversed with diet but I've gone from nw0 to nw3 while being a perfect model of health..

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:40 pm

I guess I just had a problem with the thread title more than anything else. There have been a few troublemakers on the boards lately. The diet that you were on may be very good for many, but perhaps it wasn't the perfect one for you. Have you considered adding iodine? It seems to have made quite a bit of difference for some. Hair loss can sometimes be a many-headed beast, you might have to do some experimenting to get it under control. However, I have noticed that many on this board have at least reduced that hair loss by making changes in their diet/supplementation. From what Ive gathered here, diet can be a big part of the hair loss equation for a lot of people.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am

phoenix21 wrote:I guess I just had a problem with the thread title more than anything else. There have been a few troublemakers on the boards lately. The diet that you were on may be very good for many, but perhaps it wasn't the perfect one for you. Have you considered adding iodine? It seems to have made quite a bit of difference for some. Hair loss can sometimes be a many-headed beast, you might have to do some experimenting to get it under control. However, I have noticed that many on this board have at least reduced that hair loss by making changes in their diet/supplementation. From what Ive gathered here, diet can be a big part of the hair loss equation for a lot of people.

^ I agree with Phoenix. Also, Iodine is an amazing addition to my life, not just my hair! I strongly reccomend it to you abc.

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:22 am

phoenix21 wrote:I guess I just had a problem with the thread title more than anything else. There have been a few troublemakers on the boards lately. The diet that you were on may be very good for many, but perhaps it wasn't the perfect one for you. Have you considered adding iodine? It seems to have made quite a bit of difference for some. Hair loss can sometimes be a many-headed beast, you might have to do some experimenting to get it under control. However, I have noticed that many on this board have at least reduced that hair loss by making changes in their diet/supplementation. From what Ive gathered here, diet can be a big part of the hair loss equation for a lot of people.

action<reaction wrote:

^ I agree with Phoenix. Also, Iodine is an amazing addition to my life, not just my hair! I strongly reccomend it to you abc.

Thanks guys, I will try it. My salt says "added iodine" is that enough? Lol!

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 am

Probably not. You'd have to eat a lot of salt to get enough Iodine from it, like, a lot.. haha.

Munch on some Kombu seaweed and pick up some Iosol.

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 am

Yah i can't remember where it was discussed, but the type or quantity of iodine in iodized salt is insufficient for our purposes. Like action<reaction said, i would second iosol or even lugol's solution if you can get it.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:39 am

phoenix21 wrote:Yah i can't remember where it was discussed, but the type or quantity of iodine in iodized salt is insufficient for our purposes. Like action<reaction said, i would second iosol or even lugol's solution if you can get it.

Also, if I remember correctly the Iodine present in most salts has a mere 10% Bioavailability... weak.

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Gibson wrote:Hey abc,

Biospan is perhaps the best liver tonic I have used. Coupled with the calcium d-glucarate supp I recommended, there's little else to consider. If you add Reishi Gano, on top, liver wise, you should be heading into Thom Cruise territory, whatever that means. But yeah, it's a solid supplement that works deeply and I highly reccomend.

I should add, that it is apparent that not all can gauge the effects of supps with the same sensitivity. My guess is that either the supp is not needed or the person is too toxic to know the difference.

Have you ever tried Liv 52?

Good stuff.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Hey Scotty,

No I haven't. But I think I will down the road. The ingredients differ from anything I have taken before for liver health, so I am interested.

I noticed you are taking CLA. I just started this week. Does it cause loose stools for you? I think it might be doing it to me, in which case I will have to drop it.

Also, I think I will take a page from your book and add my iherb code to my signature.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 am

Gibson wrote:Hey Scotty,

No I haven't. But I think I will down the road. The ingredients differ from anything I have taken before for liver health, so I am interested.

I noticed you are taking CLA. I just started this week. Does it cause loose stools for you? I think it might be doing it to me, in which case I will have to drop it.

Also, I think I will take a page from your book and add my iherb code to my signature.

LOL on the Iherb code. Smile

Liv 52 is good stuff. It cured my bacne. I tried SO many things over a span of a couple of years and nothing worked until Liv 52.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 am

Gib - I haven't noticed anything issues from taking CLA and I've taken some higher doses.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down