Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

+7
albe
baller234
LA-Night
tonyj
ubraj
misterE
CausticSymmetry
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

Post  tonyj Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:18 am

"High-fat-diet stimulates free-IGF-1."

How is this done?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dietary isoflavone increases insulin-like growth factor-I production, thereby promoting hair growth in mice.

Post  misterE Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 am

tonyj wrote:"High-fat-diet stimulates free-IGF-1."

How is this done?

The fat inhibits insulin from entering the muscles and as a result the insulin circulates back to the liver where it inhibits the production of IGFBP's (and SHBG).
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:45 am

Soy Isoflavones Grow Hair by Increasing IGF-1 in the Skin

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2010/06/soy-isoflavones-grow-hair-by-increasing.html

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 am

High fat diets do not cause body fat accumulations, as long as you're eating the right kinds of fats. So, a high fat diet does not cause free IGF-1 formation according to your quotes, high refined carbs and trans fat diets do.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:00 am

Hi Mister E,

"The fat inhibits insulin from entering the muscles and as a result the insulin circulates back to the liver where it inhibits the production of IGFBP's (and SHBG)."

Is this your theory?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

tonyj wrote:

Is this your theory?

No. This is how Dr. Neal Barnard explains it all. He has also successfully reversed diabetes and has written a book showing you how to reversed diabetes. You can read a lot of it here.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:High fat diets do not cause body fat accumulations, as long as you're eating the right kinds of fats. So, a high fat diet does not cause free IGF-1 formation according to your quotes, high refined carbs and trans fat diets do.

That's not true, here's a study that shows even the good-ol "heart healthy" fish-oil is stored as body-fat.

Adipose tissue biomarkers of fatty acid intake.

Baylin A, Kabagambe EK, Siles X, Campos H.

Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA.

Abstract
BACKGROUND: Biomarkers can provide a more accurate measure of long-term intake than can dietary questionnaires. OBJECTIVE: The objective was to identify which adipose tissue fatty acids are suitable biomarkers of intake as assessed with a validated food-frequency questionnaire. DESIGN: Costa Rican men with a mean (+/- SD) age of 56 +/- 11 y (n = 367) and women aged 60 +/- 10 y (n = 136) completed a 135-item food-frequency questionnaire and provided an adipose tissue sample. Fifty fatty acids were identified by capillary gas chromatography. Correlation coefficients were calculated after adjustment for age, sex, body mass index, and smoking status. RESULTS: The best adipose tissue marker for total intake of saturated fatty acids was 15:0 + 17:0 (r = 0.18). Both 15:0 and 17:0 were also the best correlates of dairy product intake (r = 0.31 for each). The diet-adipose tissue correlations for n-3 fatty acids were r = 0.34 for 18:3, r = 0.15 for 20:5, and r = 0.18 for 22:6. Fish intake correlated significantly with these adipose tissue n-3 fatty acids. Dietary and adipose tissue n-6 fatty acids were highly correlated: 18:2 (r = 0.58) and 18:3 (r = 0.24). The best indicators of total trans fatty acid intake were ct18:2n-6 and tc18:2n-6 (r = 0.58 for each); total 18:1 trans fatty acid (r = 0.45) and 16:1 trans fatty acid (r = 0.16) were the next best indicators. CONCLUSIONS: Adipose tissue is a suitable biomarker of dietary fatty acid intake, particularly for n-3 and n-6 cis polyunsaturated fatty acids and trans fatty acids. Ideally, adipose tissue and dietary questionnaires should complement, rather than substitute for, each other in epidemiologic studies.

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 am

CONCLUSIONS: Adipose tissue is a suitable biomarker of dietary fatty acid intake, particularly for n-3 and n-6 cis polyunsaturated fatty acids and trans fatty acids. Ideally, adipose tissue and dietary questionnaires should complement, rather than substitute for, each other in epidemiologic studies.

You again show your inability to read a scientific study correctly. This study only "proves" that good fatty acids can be found in preexisting adipose tissue, among other fatty acids, not least of which trans fatty acids. It makes no mention of these same good fatty acids having created the adipose tissues, or if these good fatty acids would be stored as adipose tissue at all if there were little to none to begin with, or if they would if the person was eating clean. I say "proves" because the bulk of this study is based on a questionaire, and uses correlation coeficients to compensate for a few factors. There is not even a pretense of causality in this study, which is a good thing considering trying to prove causality based on a questionaire would be like scientific suicide.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 pm

"No. This is how Dr. Neal Barnard explains it all. He has also successfully reversed diabetes and has written a book showing you how to reversed diabetes. You can read a lot of it here."

Thanks, I'll put it on my reading list for the summer.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:
CONCLUSIONS: Adipose tissue is a suitable biomarker of dietary fatty acid intake, particularly for n-3 and n-6 cis polyunsaturated fatty acids and trans fatty acids. Ideally, adipose tissue and dietary questionnaires should complement, rather than substitute for, each other in epidemiologic studies.

You again show your inability to read a scientific study correctly. This study only "proves" that good fatty acids can be found in preexisting adipose tissue, among other fatty acids, not least of which trans fatty acids. It makes no mention of these same good fatty acids having created the adipose tissues, or if these good fatty acids would be stored as adipose tissue at all if there were little to none to begin with, or if they would if the person was eating clean. I say "proves" because the bulk of this study is based on a questionaire, and uses correlation coeficients to compensate for a few factors. There is not even a pretense of causality in this study, which is a good thing considering trying to prove causality based on a questionaire would be like scientific suicide.

I believe that adipose tissue is never created. You have all the adipose tissue you are ever going to have at birth. Getting fat isn't making new adipose tissue, it's just the adipose cells getting bigger and vice versa for losing weight. So this study would prove Mistere's point.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 am

BUMP
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 am

Show me something like IH's regimen but for fat-busting (without causing hairloss)

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Whip wrote:Show me something like IH's regimen but for fat-busting (without causing hairloss)

What IH advocates is fat busting. Optimizng thyroid function and insulin sensitivity will result in a lean physique.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2