Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair?

+9
Hoppipolla
tooyoung
fender89
crincrin
HairSeeker
tao81
aneken
LA-Night
DouglasM
13 posters

Go down

Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? Empty Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair?

Post  DouglasM Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 am

My uncle who's 50+ something is a musician, plays the bongos guitars and he has a full head of hair vs my other uncles in same age and some even younger who are in stressful office jobs are all bald

The general picture of a HIppy is some long hair bearded person and are those people concerned and try to maintain their hair or does their lifestyle somehow create that hair lol?

DouglasM
DouglasM

Back to top Go down

Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? Empty Re: Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair?

Post  LA-Night Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 am

DouglasM wrote:My uncle who's 50+ something is a musician, plays the bongos guitars and he has a full head of hair vs my other uncles in same age and some even younger who are in stressful office jobs are all bald

The general picture of a HIppy is some long hair bearded person and are those people concerned and try to maintain their hair or does their lifestyle somehow create that hair lol?

This has been talked about before here but it also seems like some homeless men have the long hair/thick beard look. Some posters hypothesized that alcohol, fasting (clean arteries) or Vitamin D (sun exposure) plays a role.

It's also possible that hippies/homeless men are just as bald as everyone else, except we don't notice it.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? Empty Re: Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair?

Post  aneken Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:46 am

A part of a success in showbiz is good looks. So naturally the hairier ones get the attention. And the young ones are always preferred.

aneken

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:54 am

thats bull shit.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:10 am

I don't agree with the alcohol theory. Becoming an alcoholic is not going to save your hair. That is total bullshit.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:15 am

Stress is a major hair killer. So, if you have managed to somehow keep stress out of your life, you will have a better chance of keeping your hair. It depends on the individual but I would guess that most homeless people also have mental disorders, so stress may not be a factor at all. Ignorance is bliss. As for hippies and musicians, well, they just may be too stoned to get stressed, lol...

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:24 am

HairSeeker wrote:I don't agree with the alcohol theory. Becoming an alcoholic is not going to save your hair. That is total bullshit.

I don't agree w/the theory. But some here have brought it up in the past. I've seen it brought up in other forums too but it's never gained momentum, for obvious reasons.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  DouglasM Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:34 am

i don't drink alcohol at all
DouglasM
DouglasM

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:39 am

LA-Night wrote:
HairSeeker wrote:I don't agree with the alcohol theory. Becoming an alcoholic is not going to save your hair. That is total bullshit.

I don't agree w/the theory. But some here have brought it up in the past. I've seen it brought up in other forums too but it's never gained momentum, for obvious reasons.

I can only speak for myself. Over indulging has always caused an increase in hairloss. I would shed for a couple of weeks after a night out. Keep in mind that a night out for me is not having a glass of wine with dinner. It's more like a couple of bottles or five martinis. My goal was to get good and buzzed.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:49 am

HairSeeker wrote:
LA-Night wrote:

I can only speak for myself. Over indulging has always caused an increase in hairloss. I would shed for a couple of weeks after a night out. Keep in mind that a night out for me is not having a glass of wine with dinner. It's more like a couple of bottles or five martinis. My goal was to get good and buzzed.

Haha, I hear you man.

Every time I go out on a bender, my hair seems to be OK. But if I party hard for too many nights in a row then my hair starts to suffer, as my stress levels skyrocket. When I do binge drink (not nearly as often as I used to) I prepare by eating very little that day & drinking ungodly amounts of water beforehand. But I still think alcohol is horrible for hair.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:28 pm

http://aulis.com/twothirds2.htm

Interesting article. This guy subscribes to the idea that modern humans descended from interbreeding between cro-magnons and neanderthals. He suggests that many people tend to take on either more neanderthal and less cro-magnon traits, or vice versa (more cro-magnon and less neanderthal traits). He mentions MPB as associated with cro-magnons, and claims that homeless people fit the description for neanderthal tendencies (ie, less MPB).

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:22 pm

i wish this were true haha.

been playing guitar since i was 17. Had amazing hair up until 19. it's been thinning since :/ i'm now 20 and a half. back and sides are thick as hell. top and front are about 50% density. sad times lol.

Anyway i've just singed up as i've ordered the top 6 herbs so hopefully they can arrest any further thinning! fingers crossed. also might try revivogen or super zix.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm

crincrin wrote:http://aulis.com/twothirds2.htm

Interesting article. This guy subscribes to the idea that modern humans descended from interbreeding between cro-magnons and neanderthals. He suggests that many people tend to take on either more neanderthal and less cro-magnon traits, or vice versa (more cro-magnon and less neanderthal traits). He mentions MPB as associated with cro-magnons, and claims that homeless people fit the description for neanderthal tendencies (ie, less MPB).

This is actually VERY interesting. It's an engrossing read. Thank you for sharing it.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:29 am

Less hair washing? = less sls? I don't know about hippies hair washing routines :/

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 am

Yeah hippies tend to have better hair, I find it too as I hang out with a lot of hippies and they all have good hairlines for the most part, even those 40 and above.

Light, vegan diets, less stress, vitamin D, exercise, all that good stuff Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 am

Oh, yeah and I believe they do tend to avoid chemically shampoos and stuff, that probably helps too Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:25 am

ive had dreds for 8 years. you see hippies with good hair and you see them with bad.

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:24 am

Nonsense thread. People are talking in stereotypes, not actual reality.

What next? "I've noticed black guys have great rhythm"?

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:02 am

Nashville Hairline wrote:Nonsense thread. People are talking in stereotypes, not actual reality.

What next? "I've noticed black guys have great rhythm"?

Hey Nashville Hairline --

True, musicians and non-musicians alike can lose hair. But regardless if this is a "nonsense thread" it's the type of conversation that goes on between friends. It's rooted in superficial observation & desperation for answers. Whether we like it or not, threads like these will never go away.

There's truth to the original post, however. The music industry has cultivated the image of the long-haired rock star. Many affluent musicians can afford expensive hair transplants/extensions/wigs. Regarding amateur musicians, it's probably just an anomaly if most of the ones we see have long hair. I know several with terrible hair worsened by piss-poor diet, promiscuity & stress. The superstitious reverence for musicians/hippies/stoners is a myth -- in their private moments, they're just as stressed out as everybody else.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 am

Just as a thought upon reading a lot of MisterE's posts, but would calorie restriction have anything to do with this possible myth / misconception?

Seems plausible.

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:08 am

I'm a professional guitar player and have severe AA ! When i was 17, i had really long hair... but i never been a hippy ! that 's why i'm balding lol!

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:14 am

sky-walker wrote:I'm a professional guitar player and have severe AA ! When i was 17, i had really long hair... but i never been a hippy ! that 's why i'm balding lol!

I hear you man! I just payed off a nice Larivee acoustic yesterday actually... hahah.

This is me at 16, I'm 19 now and have much thinner / short hair.
There's definitely some link going on, but it's not worth becoming a hippy for I think, hahah.

Hippy's or musicians tend to have long full hair? 28370_1327689672425_1236432103_30999264_1365095_n

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Man, you look so cool on this one cyclops

I avoid to look at my old pics, when i was beautiful hair.. it's painful Crying or Very sad

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 pm

sky-walker wrote:Man, you look so cool on this one cyclops

I avoid to look at my old pics, when i was beautiful hair.. it's painful Crying or Very sad

Don't worry about it man... It's why we're all here. The good news is that even if none of the possible regimens works for you (unlikely!) the technology in stem cell research will take care of our hair needs in 3-6 years. I think few people on this site would want to rely on that after sharing some of the information on this site regarding what one could do for themselves naturally, but it's something to fall back on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:29 am

crincrin wrote:http://aulis.com/twothirds2.htm

That article was written 10 years ago. The neanderthal genome has shown us that the opposite of what that article has theorized is true. That article claims that neanderthal descendents are in the left wing/communist/matriarchal type people, and cro-magnom descendents make up right wing/capitalist/patriarchal type people. Neanderthal genes, however, are not found in African people at all, their genes are only found in people outside of Africa. And african people fit the stereotype of tribal, commune, matriarchy, etc., what that article describes to be neanderthal living.

If you want to talk about broad generalizations about neanderthals and cro-magnum, it was probably the opposite that was true. Neanderthals probably were more likeley to mate for life, which generally happens to any people who are living in a more harsh climate, because of the necessity of division of labor. While cro-magnums had the matriarchal, promiscuous communes, as you see in Africa today, with the STD rates much higher in Africa than in any other continent.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down