Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sulfasalazine: A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth

+14
Paradox
iluvhair
Nashville Hairline
NrwgnKID
zanza
LA-Night
ubraj
Whip
elan164
tonyj
gutted
gbp2000
Crusher
baller234
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth Empty Sulfasalazine: A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth

Post  baller234 Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Check out this thread from HLH- http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=89978&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

A guy is claiming to have full frontal regrowth after being on a high does of Sulfasalazine for several months. Interestingly, Sulfasalazine has indeed been used to successfully treat Alopecia Areata which is an autoimmune disorder.

http://www.nature.com/nri/journal/v2/n6/full/nri835.html

http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/Dermatology/Sulfasalazine-may-be-effective-in-alopecia-areata-/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/666211

http://www.eblue.org/article/S0190-9622(06)04032-1/abstract

Sulfasalazine is an anti-inflammatory and an immunosuppressant. It also inhibits MMPs.

From http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/48/10/1208
Results. SSZ blocked GAG and collagen fragment release from bovine cartilage, and reduced active and total collagenase activity in a dose-dependent manner. SSZ transcriptionally blocked MMP-1, -13 and ADAMTS-4, and reduced the protein levels of MMP-1 and -13 in a dose-dependent

Im starting to think that an inflammatory immune response is the main contributor to frontal recession and could quite possibly explain why androgen deprivation works primarily only on the vertex area and generally tends to have no effect on the front. I find it interesting that Sulfasaline inhibits MMP-1 and -13 and not -2 and -9. I thought it was the latter that were strongly correlated hair follicle apoptosis but perhaps MMP-1 and -13 also play a role? Does ecklonia cava have an effect MMP-1 and -13?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth Empty Re: Sulfasalazine: A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth

Post  Crusher Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 am

May be guys with alopecia areata are good Sulfasalazine responder.

Alopecia areata Syndroms:

Roundish patches of hair loss on the head
Smooth, hairless scalp in the affected areas
Hair loss on other areas of the body, including eye brows, eye lashes and body hair and MPB.

Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease and it was said that Sulfasalazine is an
autoimmune oppressor. May be that's the reason why it is working for those guys
suffering from alopecia areata.

LOL, it's yet out of stock here:
http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/digestive/salazopyrin.html

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth Empty Re: Sulfasalazine: A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth

Post  baller234 Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

The guy on HLH doesn't appear to have AA, he had MPB style recession and it worked for him.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I had a similar thread on here last week, and I agree the poster seems to have MPB.

I am beginning to wonder if MPB is closer to aa than many of us think...

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm

My lack of clarity. In my opinion both - aa and MPB -
are autoimmune diseases.

baller234 - I know, read the whole thread.
It's only a speculation that someone with alopecia areata could be a good Sulfasalazine responder.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am

Yeah you're right however there are some studies that say it works fors AA. I also think that AGA is an auto immune disease. There have been too many accounts of people regrowing hair while on immunosuppressants.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:00 am

only way to find out is to try it!

i do belive mpb has an autoimmune aspect to it, definteley! i think if you are at an early stage in your mpb this drug may have an effect.

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:23 am

baller234,

one of the side effects of immunosuppressants drugs is hair growth.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 am

Exactly. I think it's the immune system rather than a preset genetic sensitivity that determines the "pattern" in AGA. It would be interesting if some one who had been castrated after they had already "balded" was given an immunosuppressant. I bet they'd regrow a good amount of hair.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:39 pm

anything natural that we can try to suppress our immune system? wow never thought id see myself writing that.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 am

Im going to look in to this as i am suffering from serious joint pain - neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles. Popping, cracking and pain.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 am

Elan, check this out and let me know what you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfasalazine

This was also interesting to me as this may be tied to RA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 am

elan164 wrote:Im going to look in to this as i am suffering from serious joint pain - neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles. Popping, cracking and pain.

elan164,

Quick question. Is your voice not as deep or strong as could be?

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 am

jdp701 wrote:
elan164 wrote:Im going to look in to this as i am suffering from serious joint pain - neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles. Popping, cracking and pain.

elan164,

Quick question. Is your voice not as deep or strong as could be?

Hey jdp701,

My voice occasionally feels that way -- any idea what it could mean?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth Empty Sides?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:28 am

As I doubt it's widely thought by most people that MPB is an auto-immune disorder, (I have no opinion as of now, until I become more educated, but it seems quite possible) what's everyone's theory as to what would happen if some average Joe who's losing their hair starting taking these pills?

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

LA-Night,

The short answer is probably "Dicistroviridae or Silkworm virus carried by Serratia marcescens and St.mitis," since this iis a hair loss forum. I tried posting some information on TK's recent thread as it's all connected.

Not sure what to say other than to get a $2,000 rife machine though.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 am

action<reaction wrote:As I doubt it's widely thought by most people that MPB is an auto-immune disorder, (I have no opinion as of now, until I become more educated, but it seems quite possible) what's everyone's theory as to what would happen if some average Joe who's losing their hair starting taking these pills?

i think someone will be trialling the drug for hairloss over at hairlosshelp.

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 am

-Jdp70

Hard to say, i dont think my voice is deep and quite often my voice cracks like when going through puberty; im 26. My girlfriend thinks my voice is deep, but shes the only one ive ever had tell that.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 am

Forgot to mention that my voice isnt strong, i think its average in the tone department, but my voice definitely isnt that loud.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Sulfasalazine:  A rheumatoid arthritis drug provides full frontal regrowth Empty Hmm

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

This thread is really, really interesting to me for several reasons.

The first thing I tested myself for was Hypothyroidism, but of course the blood work came back "normal".

Having a weak, almost scooped out feeling voice, constant fatigue, dry hair that seems to love base jumping, dry skin (lips have been cracked for months, skin has been peeling over on knuckles and hands uncontrollably), inability to concentrate.

I can't attribute weight gain to this entirely because of recent use of SSRI's, and a dealt with sensitivity to gluten, which in itself an autoimmune reaction right?

Should I be interested in this?

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Updates: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=89978&STARTPAGE=7&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:56 am

wow this is a damn interesting thread.

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:08 pm

baller234 wrote:Im starting to think that an inflammatory immune response is the main contributor to frontal recession and could quite possibly explain why androgen deprivation works primarily only on the vertex area and generally tends to have no effect on the front.

If and inflammatort immune response is the main contributor to frontal loss, what triggers this ? Is this not androgens like the vertex ?

Awsome thread btw.. looking forward to CS view on the matter.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 pm

This IS very interesting as capsaicin is a substance that also has some basis as a natural arthritis treatment and also in some hair loss studies. Maybe there is something in this..

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  iluvhair Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:48 am

what is the correlation between weak voice and those viruses? i dont see much info online

iluvhair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next