Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!)

3 posters

Go down

Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) Empty Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!)

Post  Team Catfish Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 am

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to check this out!

This is the regimen I'm thinking of beginning.

Internal:
Finastride 1.25mg every day
Omega 3 every day. Apparently it’s indirectly related to hair by helping with the nitric oxide synthesis and TNF-a down regulation.
L-Arginine 5 ml (combined with L-Lysine). Helps blood flow and triggers the release of NO, a lack of NO is one of the culprits behind hair loss.
L-Lysine, 5 ml (combined with L-Arginine) every day - Basically same as above. I’m not sure if I read this, but does L-Lysine work against L-Arginine. Can someone please clear this up for me?
Niacin 150mg every day.
MSM 5ml, every day: One of the main components of hair and the third most common component in the human body. Studies have shown that MSM increases hair thickness and colour.
Tadalafil 20mg every third day: I’ve heard this could be risky, but it does increase the vascular size and this helping blood flow. Can someone warn me off this?
R-ALA 300mg (alpha-lipoic acid) every day. Helps with liver.
Mutli-vitamin: Just to give overall health benefits. Can someone please recommend a good one?
Vitamin C 1000mg every day: Apparently it helps the MSM to function properly.
Then there is the top 6:
One capsule of Curcumin 95 with a large meal every day.
Ecklonia cava extract, 400 mg morning and evening
1000 mg of Krill oil once a day.
100 mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine three times daily
Vitamin D3 and K2 once per day
5000 (or 5) mg of Biotin a day.

Topical:
Green tea extract everyday: TGF-B inhibitor (protein that controls cell growth – I was told that sometimes your cells can grown so condensed that they stop allowing hair to grow, as it suffocates the hair.
A Caffeine solution – meant to inhibit DHT well, while inhibiting EGF. Not too sure how to do this though. Maybe this?
http://www.amazon.com/Bath-Buzz-CaffeinatedLotion/dp/B000V7B8QW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1210894063&sr=8-1

I’ve been warned not to take the caffeine solution, (or the tea for that matter) since my hair loss is still at an early stage. I’m 22 with early signs of hair loss (receding hairline in the typical M pattern, and slight loss on the crown, but getting worse). I’ve been taking Proscar for about 3 months now, and hoping to see some effects coming through in the next 2-3 months. I just want to hold onto my hair now, while I’m young. Beyond thirty doesn’t really bother me, but I want to enjoy my youth now (travelling, meeting new people etc) without having to worry about my appearance all the time.

I’m also changing my diet, but I’m not too sure where to begin. I’ve read a whole bunch of CS’s posts, and its all a bit daunting. Information such as saturated fats are good for you, but others bad has my head in a spin. Is there anyone who can suggest a diet I can ease myself into? Such as giving up dairy products, or simply cooking with coconut oil?

CS, will the above supplements go some way into fixing my hair loss, and do any clash, or have hindering effects on others? I also want to get healthy, so I’m assuming all these nutrients will help. I have fairly bad dark patches under my eyes, which I wouldn’t mind getting rid off. I’m fairly fit (run plus gym three times a week) and only ever eat fast food maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

Also, as a side note, I know many of you don’t like seeing Finastride in there, but I’ve been taking it for just too long too stop now. Still some of CS”s comments scare the bejesus out of me!

Thanks so much guys. A lot of research has gone into this, and I would like your insight into all this before I drop hundreds of dollars on the supplements!

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) Empty Re: Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!)

Post  Team Catfish Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 am

Oh and Iodine?

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!) Empty Re: Beginners regimen - too complicated? (CS - please help!)

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 am

Erm, to be honest man the best advice I personally can give is to make sure you outline if there is anything specifically which might be triggering your hair loss particularly, and targeting that.

For example, in my case I got too stressed, probably threw my thyroid off, ate too much junky food, and have also stopped masturbation lol Shocked

My theory for myself is that if I can perfect my cortisol (lower drastically), insulin (lower), testosterone (lift) and estrogen (lower) levels, and reduce inflammation, oh, and encourage my thyroid to recover from being thrown off (probably mainly by cortisol), then everything else might fix itself, you know? I mean maybe in your case there are no obvious triggers, in which case yes a more general, and potent unfortunately, approach might be needed. Gluten can also be a trigger, and particular food sensitivities. Stress and excessive sexual activity are HUGE triggers, it seems.

Of course, as everyone's follicles vary in their sensitivity, this is what makes one of the biggest differences.

If you have no discernible triggers (including not believe you have low thyroid or after having corrected it) then I believe the best course of action is lowering DHT, inflammation, insulin, estrogen and sebum, and maintaining good, healthy testosterone levels (which shouldn't be too difficult at 22!) and reasonable SHBG levels.

Overall your regimen seems pretty good but obviously very large! I mean there are things I'm learning from it too! heh Smile

The thing about nitric oxide, for example! Good thing I stocked up on the Omega 3 eh? hehe ^_^

Just yes, IMO, examine obvious triggers first, go for a more general approach later!

Hoppi Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 am

Team Catfish - It can be simple, would drop all the drugs and just take the
the basic regimen.

After that, then you can evaluation your progress in some months and focus on other details if necessary, such as iodine.

On diet, in the beginning just try to avoid the basic bad foods, which include pasteurized milk, and excessive consumption of refined sugars and cereal grains.

Would forget about the caffeine topically.

You really do not need the arginine at all, in fact would recommend against it.

Omega-3 is optional since you're taking krill which is superior to standard fish oil.

On multi-vitamin, would take either Brewer's yeast or Spirulina (these are natural forms, not synthetic isolates vitamins).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Team Catfish Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks a lot CS and Hoppi!

If I was to begin with the basic regimen, including Iodine - should I begin with 50mg (or is it 50ug)?

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Team Catfish Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 pm

I just attempted to purchase Acetyl L-Carnitine online, but the resulting price was going to end up being ~$60 just to ship to Australia.

Managed to get the rest of the top 6 though! Wish me luck.

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Team Catfish - 50 mg (milligrams), not the micrograms.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down