Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
JDP: Sample Diet? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

JDP: Sample Diet?

+5
tooyoung
Hoppipolla
Amaranthaceae
kijumn
thissucks
9 posters

Go down

JDP: Sample Diet? Empty JDP: Sample Diet?

Post  thissucks Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Hey JDP, since you are so knowledgeable about diet and supposedly have your diet "100% perfect," I was wondering if you could give us a sample 24-hour diet that you use on a normal day - i.e. what you eat for the entire day. I personally feel like my diet is pretty good now, but it could still use improvement. I've been eating a lot of eggs, turkey burgers, and salmon salad lately.

Thanks.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

JDP: Sample Diet? Empty Re: JDP: Sample Diet?

Post  kijumn Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi thissucks,

I usually do something similar to gluten free white or brown rice, add a little non irradiated turmeric and coconut oil and a steak or fillet minon or chicken or hamburger with a little garlic and onion and avocodo on the side. For dinner, it will be similar but I'll throw in some broccoli sprouts.

For most of my life, I've been on a warrior like diet where I gorge myself for dinner and have just a few snacks throughout the day to keep me going. Recently, I basically have a moderate lunch and then dinner I gorge myself. The reason for the lunch instead of following the warrior like diet is to avoid snacking throughout the day.

I'll sometimes add a raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar like braggs to some water before I have a meal.

Sometimes I'll have a little fruit or some other vegetable on occasion as well.

Salt in moderation. If I eat too much I'll make sure I take apple cider vinegar beforehand.

In short, rice and meat are my staple. Most people would think I'm not getting enough vitamins and minerals and will come down with problems later in my life due to nutritional deficiencies but I disagree. I believe it's really food sensitivities such as gluten, casein, etc. that are causing these nutritional deficiencies.

Also, as europe has mentioned before it's best to soak the rice beforehand to increase the nutritional content due to phytic acid in rice. Phytic acid is also found in other grains, beans, seeds and nuts for what it's worth.

Also, keep in mind that our body will not only crave what's beneficial for it but will also crave what's detrimental. Sugar, oxalates, gluten, casein would be the ones that I can think of right now.

hope this helps
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Eating just rice and meat is not a healthy staple for most people.

The most powerful antioxidant combinations come from root vegetables and leafy greens.

Throw some meat in a pot, chop up your root vegetables a add them, add alot of spices and herbs .. put a lid on, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes or paste, or coconut milk, maybe some fine chopped ginger .. easy to make, very healthy, taste so goood .. And combinations of new vegetables you can locate and use never end.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 pm

I think North Europe makes a good point there - sounds quite tasty!

And JDP I do feel that may be a little limited for most individuals, but still certainly helpful as I am only just learning myself what foods are probably more troublesome than others.

I'm currently basing my diet around vegetables and some fruit, I've only just started adding some meat as well (I'm a bit of a wannabe vegetarian so I don't know how to work that into it), and maybe I'll start adding some gluten-free rice and the combo like North Europe said!

I'm sure I'll learn with time ^_^

Oh, what about potatoes?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 am

Can I blend carrots and onions and maybe a small amount of onions into a soup, then have ham with it? Is there anything wrong with that meal? Is the amount of salt in the ham bad for you?

I've been starting to eat a tuna meal of tuna with peppers and tomatoes, is that alright?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:31 am

tooyoung,

Yes you can, so long as it's in moderation .... oxalate content. Other fruits and vegetables should be looked up regarding oxalate content otherwise ----> leaky gut, lower glutathione, etc.. That is if you have a problem with oxalates. The tomatoes, potatoes, pepper, eggplant, etc. may or may not be problematic ---> nightshade family which can bring about pain/arthritis, etc.. I avoid. Also, make sure you use a good pot (e.g. stainless steel without nickel) when cooking the tomatoes and don't cook tomatoes for too long otherwise you'll free up free glutamic acid/MSG. Best not to even cook whenever possible ... eliminates beneficial negative hydrogen as well as other nutrients. Also, beware of too much onions or garlic---> sulfites ----> increases uric acid, as well as other problems. Molybdenum & B12 would be the answer but if you notice cuts that won't heal in your mouth that's why. Salt/Sodium is easy as that can be offset with enough potassium (e.g. apple cider vinegar) before the meal. I avoid pork/ham ... similiar to catfish which will lower energy levels. Beware of eating too much tuna. I forget the reason why right now.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 am

Jdp,what about megadosing in MSM like Thelibrarian does.Is there any danger in getting excess sulphites as well?

How do you feel about the MSM protocol to wipe off fungus-molds and assist calcification?

P.S : he should limit tuna consumption because of mercury
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 am

Yeah edony, I was just about to mention the mercury. What are the best meats to eat?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:52 am

Hi edony,

Surprisingly, the mercury content in fish is no problem. The only problem is whale meat. The reason why is the selenium content of the fish binds to mercury. CS did a blog about this months ago. Toxins, etc is the actual problem.

Regarding MSM, I feel there are better options. With that said, yes so long as there is enough molybdenum it may not be a problem. If still having a problem with cuts or sores inside the mouth or not being able to sleep or uric acid, etc. then B12 (preferably as a shot or patch) should work. Also, FWIW, shellfish, canned fish, lobster, glucosamine etc. is sprayed heavily with sulfites on the boat to keep fungus at bay. Those with MSG/free glutamic acid problems (about 30 - 40% of everyone) are sensitive to sulfites as well.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:58 am

" Regarding MSM, I feel there are better options "

Are you refering to high dose iodine?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 am

Not exactly but it would work.

Regarding fungus, candida, etc. Iodine isn't ideal. Detoxified Iodine is probably the one that's the best option.

Iodine regulates calcium but there are also other options such as K2.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 am

Here's an example of a good day for me:

Breakfast: Smoothie with a few raw eggs, whey protein (no artificial flavors, colors, etc.), green powder, a couple brazil nuts, and a few grams of maca. Several cups of coffee over the course of the next few hours. Also many supplements (dessicated thyroid, biotin, iodine, probiotic, D3/K2).

Lunch: Baked salmon, lots of vegetables, ALA/ALC.

Late Dinner: Grass fed beef, spinach, coconut oil in the pan, green peppers, sea salt, spices. A couple glasses of red wine with dinner, and curcumin.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

What's crazy is that much of the food people have been suggesting sounds SO much more tasty than the junk I spent my time eating over the past year or two lol

I think I just needed an EXCUSE to eat healthy (when your body isn't complaining, there is less of a reason to change your ways, you know?), and now I have one! lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 am

Here is some more good info about sulfites

The enzyme in the body tissues that processes sulfites is called Sulfite Oxidase. This enzyme requires certain nutrients in order to function correctly, otherwise the probability of a reaction is high. These nutrients are: Vitamin B12, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, and Molybdenum. Vitamin B1, B6 & Folic Acid are depleted by excess sulfites

sulfites can trigger mast cell degeneration independly of IgE antibodies

sulfite accumulation due to insufficient sulfite oxidase enzyme function and/or quantity can produce the familiar symptoms we experience with our reactions (mine can be anything from a mild headache or sore throat to anaphylaxis, but most commonly are acid reflux that doesn't respond to acid reflux treatment, and nausea). Vitamin B12 and the appropriate nutritional supplementation can increase tolerance (increase the threshold of reactivity) to sulfites if the enzyme is where the problem is, but the only thing that will stop a sulfite reaction if it is allergic (i.e., sulfites making mast cells degenerate) is a combination of Vitamin B12 (binds directly to sulfites, rendering them inert) and antihistamines.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  KL Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:35 am

jdp (and others)- what are your experience with arachidonic acid ?

Quote from daily topic - the cause of acne:
"High consumption of omega-6 fatty acids, without sufficient omega-3 fatty acids contributes to a rise in arachidonic acid levels. Aarachidonic acid can increase the secretion and expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 in skin cells (keratinocytes).
The human body requires some arachidonic acid, however too much can lead to serious inflammation. Additionally, the higher your insulin levels, the greater the stimulation to increase levels of arachidonic acid. "

I would love to eat like, say five eggs (i.e yolks included) and a filet a day, but I am somewhat worried that this may be too much arachidonic acid.
As mentioned before by CS a good omega 3/omega 6 balance should take care of the arachidonic acid...
Is fish oil - EPA/DHA - especially effective in dealing with arachidonic acid, or is it just omega 3 in general ? (I.e. do you need a specific quality of omega 3 to fend of, or is it quantity of omega 3 compared to omega 6 only) Maybe trial and error is the way to go here ?!

I think I read somewhere that curcumin also takes care of one of the inflammation pathways originated by arachidonic acid.

Have you, or anyone else, made direct experience with too much / too little arachidonic acid ?

Thank you - great forum by the way !

KL

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 am

KL - Arachadonic acid is important, it's found in breast milk and is an important fatty acid. It's even synergistic with high dose iodine in fighting cancer.

Only a deficiency in Omega-3 or unstable glucose levels will be cause for worry.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down