Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term

5 posters

Go down

All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term Empty All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term

Post  LittleFighter Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 am

I've been wanting to ask about this for some time now.

What do you think it's a generally safe dose of Vitamin D to take in the long term, for adults of course?

This is an improtant topic, I'm pretty sure; hopefully many will be interested.

I think it should be in the range of 2000-5000 UI, but some people think that 5000 might be too much in the long term.

What do you know or at least think about it?

Merçi.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term Empty Re: All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term

Post  Petch Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:33 am

I'm taking 5000IU at the moment, which I feel is sufficient for winter time in the UK, but come summer i'm planning on reducing to 2000IU.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term Empty Re: All: Safe Vitamin D supplemental dose for the long term

Post  kijumn Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 am

I could be wrong or outdated information but from memory 6,000 IU is the dose to maintain vitamin D levels when not getting any sun. More than 6,000 IU is used to raise Vitamin D levels. 10,000 IU is a good safe upper limit.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 am

in the long run :

1) No need to take it everyday. liposoluble, so it is stocked in the body.
2) Do not take it in summer when sunny exposure.
3) in winter or cloudy days, 1000 to 5000 UI a day. Once again, not everyday to be sure.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 am

jdp710 wrote:I could be wrong or outdated information but from memory 6,000 IU is the dose to maintain vitamin D levels when not getting any sun. More than 6,000 IU is used to raise Vitamin D levels. 10,000 IU is a good safe upper limit.

I second jdp710.

If I'm out exposed to the outdoors enough during the summer, then I'll skip a day or as many days as I'm getting plenty of sun exposure. This exposure has to be with just a swimsuit, so just taking a walk out there fully clothed isn't going to be enough to get enough sun exposure for optimal health.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down