Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation?

4 posters

Go down

Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? Empty Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation?

Post  RPM Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:45 am

CS-In another thread you mentioned Vitamin C being a pro-oxidant @ & above 500 mg. What's your current recommendation for Vitamin C supplementation in a day? I have vague memories of the IH regimen featuring much higher doses back in the day.

Although I take relatively high doses of many supplements, I've always had a concern in the back of my mind that "super-normal" doses might be having the opposite of the desired effect.
I've met a lot of supplement junkies that look much older than their less health conscious peers, myself included. I know this could be because less healthy people to begin with might be seeking out supps to address their issues, so it may not be causation, but curious on your view. More & more of the holistic doctors I follow online like Dr. Greger, Fuhrman, Popper, etc. seem to be anti-supplement based on the most recent research.

Are there any common supplements that we should be wary of in large doses for this reason? Have your views changed over the years in light of newer research re. dosages?

As always, Thanks for this forum & all the info over the years.

RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? Empty Re: Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:09 pm

RPM wrote:CS-In another thread you mentioned Vitamin C being a pro-oxidant @ & above 500 mg.  What's your current recommendation for Vitamin C supplementation in a day?  I have vague memories of the IH regimen featuring much higher doses back in the day.  

Although I take relatively high doses of many supplements, I've always had a concern in the back of my mind that "super-normal" doses might be having the opposite of the desired effect.
I've met a lot of supplement junkies that look much older than their less health conscious peers, myself included.  I know this could be because less healthy people to begin with might be seeking out supps to address their issues, so it may not be causation, but curious on your view.  More & more of the holistic doctors I follow online like Dr. Greger, Fuhrman, Popper, etc. seem to be anti-supplement based on the most recent research.

Are there any common supplements that we should be wary of in large doses for this reason? Have your views changed over the years in light of newer research re. dosages?

As always, Thanks for this forum & all the info over the years.

Vitamin C is very useful at doses exceeding 2 grams (2,000 mg) and frequently, when I do take it, it's around 2 to 10 grams in a single shot. Also, one of the best ways to overcome illness is to dose at 2 grams every 6 minutes until symptoms disappear.

So what about the downsides of vitamin C? Yes there are a few if precautions are not taken. I'm sure I'll leave some out but to keep this short, high doses will deplete copper and zinc (so be sure to supplement with that if you take it on the regular). I do, because if I don't I'll get gray hair. It will deplete some manganese too.

I'm now 50 and I've been taking a lot of supplements now for 20 years plus and no, I do not look older (if anything "erasing" a lot of years/decades depending on perceptions).

As far as supplements go, I believe the question is which ones and for what reason. The details are everything and any "experts" who make blanket statements that supplements are *all" good or *all* bad is just conjecture.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation? Empty Re: Current Supplemental Vitamin C Recommendation?

Post  RPM Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:57 am

Thanks CS.
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:48 am

Throughout a typical week how often are you dosing vitamin C, CS?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:39 am

here is the must read link on on the claimed side effects and use

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9718-ascorbic-acid-vitamin-c-what-s-the-real-story?highlight=real+story

For over 3 years ascorbic acid has reversed any flu or cold within hours. Megadose is one of the very best things I have ever used.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down