Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
100% Raw Vegan Diet EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

100% Raw Vegan Diet

+7
Southbeach
scottyc33
iluvhair
Gibson
CausticSymmetry
blackjack
Just_A_Signal
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

100% Raw Vegan Diet Empty 100% Raw Vegan Diet

Post  Just_A_Signal Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I've been on a 100% raw vegan diet for about a year. I feel great while eating this way, and I figure it can only be beneficial for my hair as well. thoughts?

I'm 21 years old.

My hairline has thinned and I don't want it to get worse.

I'm also taking these supplements:
multivitamin
vitamin D - 2000 IU
biotin - 5000 mcg
raw maca powder - 2 tbsps
saw palmetto - 320mg standardized extract

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm going to do the morning temperature test (what's that called?) for thyroid issues within the next few days.

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

100% Raw Vegan Diet Empty Re: 100% Raw Vegan Diet

Post  Just_A_Signal Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Also using Nizoral 1%. How come I don't see Nizoral talked about here?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:19 pm

I personally dont agree with a raw vegan diet, I been a raw vegan for a months. But if it works for you keep going.

I would maybe recommend L-taurine which is not found in a vegan diet.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Just_A_Signal - Besides certain amino acids, a shortage of fat could make it difficult for the body to eliminate metals. Metal accumulation is a source of oxidative stress. On the other hand, being that you're eating raw, it certainly contributing to good enzymes, so that will help to some extent in a positive way.

Lastly, there are a few things that could be used in place of saw palmetto that would give improved results.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 am

I'd try this: Omegasentials, which is also in line with what CS said:

http://www.mnwp.org/omega/advantages.htm

Looks like an amazing product that should help with hair to boot. The DHA that's included is something vegans don't get. If you supplement wisely, you should be able to rock all of the benefits of the diet.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:54 am

just realized the fish powder might conflict with your choice of diet. personally, I would make the exception.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks guys,

Speaking of alternatives to saw palmetto,

What are they? Will they come with the possible side effects such as brain fog, lower libido and the like?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 am

This is from GURU RAW VEGAN DAVID WOLFE HIMSELF..

A video interview shows David Wolfe admitting to eating live ants and moths to get vital nutrition his body needs to survive. These are the times we are waiting for, the raw vegan gurus one by one falling victim to their own raw vegan dogma of not wanting to “hurt” animals by not eating them. David Wolfe hits the raw vegan wall at last.

It should be obvious to raw vegan followers that long term raw veganism is NOT about you achieving the best health possible. Long term raw veganism is about loving animals more than yourself. Long term raw veganism is about shunning your own humanity that humans are a largely carnivorous species and forcing yourself to not consume animal sourced nutrition… going down to eating solely raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw nuts to live.

I myself tried raw veganism under the tutorship of Dr. Tam Mateo and his wonderful raw vegan recipes. Sure it was cheap. Sure it cleansed me out. But 2 months was all I could survive on. I couldn’t let myself lose weight until I got blown away by the wind. Long term raw veganism causes MALNUTRITION. After 2 months I’d had enough of raw veganism. Eating cooked animal food was better than NO ANIMAL FOOD.

Of course later on I found out that RAW ANIMAL FOOD was the NUMBER 1 SUPER FOOD of all time, which has given me the best health I have ever had in my entire life.

So David Wolfe eats live ants and live moths. Give it a little more time and we will see David Wolfe admitting to finally eating fatty raw grass fed beef. What good are his raw vegan endorsements riches if he succumbs to illness huh?

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/11/30/david-wolfe-hits-the-raw-vegan-wall-and-eats-animals-to-survive/

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

blackjack--

In my experience, less animal product equals greater beauty. Not sure what you're getting at here. Seems like any hardcore diet is notable, whether it be some guy eating insects or fermented meats--gotta love the folks who go out on a limb. These days, I can grab some vegan choices at WF's for practically nothing. For lunch, I can load on superfoods, arugala, gogi berries, walnuts, etc. kepl, seame oil, for 7.99 a pound. This is the value, not throwing a drum stick in the bag. Can't imagine how that would help. I'm more ripped since I dropped the beef. No joke. I've been doing Blubonnet whey though, and i eat as I choose.

There are some flaws in your post.

Personally, I think in the future we should abandon certain fuels and animal products, no reason we can't forge ahead with where we are with current science.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  iluvhair Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Just_A_Signal, when did you start losing your hair, and how has it been since you went RAW? I've been considering it lately, and I was hoping it would significantly help, but your post makes it seems like it's continuing on the same.

iluvhair

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:42 am

I don't think its possible that eating beef was there reason you appeared to be less rip and giving it up all the sudden made you more ripped.
You can get ripped eating anything really its all about restricting calories, vegetarian or raw based diets its very hard to get sufficient calories so you lose weight (appear to be ripped) eventually, but in the process you start losing out on minerals and so forth (b12,iron, l-taurine, omegas 3, etc, etc)

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 am

this article should help you out

Dr. Weston Price was very interested in vegetarian ideas. Of Vitu Levu, a large island in the Pacific Ocean, he wrote, “I had hoped to find on it a district far enough from the sea to make it necessary for the natives to have lived entirely on land foods…one of the purposes of the expedition to the South Seas was to find, if possible, plants or fruits which together, without the use of animal products, were capable of providing all of the requirements for growth and for maintenance of good health and a high state of physical efficiency.”

He expressed his “disappointment” that “…I have not found a single group of primitive racial stock which was building and maintaining excellent bodies by living entirely on plant foods. I have found in many parts of the world most devout representatives of modern ethical systems advocating the restriction of foods to the vegetable products. In every instance where the groups involved had been long under this teaching, I found evidence of degeneration.”

Dr. Price’s disappointment that vegan diets are invariably deficient appears to be echoed in the histories of many of us who follow his teachings. Who among us has not at some time tried to follow a vegetarian or near vegetarian regime? Vegan, fruitarian, vegetarian, ovo-lacto-vegetarian, with or without occasional fish or chicken…it sometimes seemed we were conditioned to eat as little animal food as we could get by on. Even after reaching an intellectual understanding of Price’s work and the critical importance of nutrients, especially fat-soluble activators, found only in animal foods, we often appear to be perhaps unconsciously concerned about eating too much of them. Such concern and an accompanying aversion to eating very much animal food is most marked, of course, before one learns about Price’s work. Years of vegetarian or near vegetarian eating result in, to use Dr. Price’s word, degeneration. How does one recover?

http://www.drrons.com/recovering-from-vegetarianism.htm

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 am

Evolutionarily speaking, Veganism doesn't make sense.

When food is not abundant, you are not picky!

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 am

Not just in evolutionarily aspect but in all aspects of human life vegetarianism doesn't make sense..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

No tribe has ever survived to a fifth generation on a strict vegetarian diet.

There was a time in history when no one consumed any cooked meat. When lightening struck, the accidental discovery lead to cooking, however at the expense of enzymes, the creation of heterocyclic amines (HCA), and acrylamides in carbohydrates.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Raw veganism is the healthiest way to go if done right. Nothing in the animal kingdom can come close to the enzymes and phytonutrients provided. Seeds and Nuts are far superior to McDonalds ground beef. Walnuts, FLAX SEED give an abundant supply of oMEGA 3'S. Coconut Oil is unsurpassed as a healthy fat source. Almonds,Avocados, berries are truly superfoods Raw vegans I encounter are invariably ripped and lean. Raw Vegan chicks are HOT!! What are you missing by NOT going to McDonalds?? vEGETARIANS LIVE LONGER btw.Look at the typical overweight, bald, meat eater at any fast food establishment.

otoh, I do see many "vegetarians" who consume a tremendous of starch, ie bagels, wheat, white rice etc,,, who look pretty starchy and run down, WHICH DOES STAND TO REASON.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 am

I agree with those are high quality foods but I don't agree that eating grass fed locally raised meat is the cause of people dieing from cancer or being overweight.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 am

The most successful diet against cancer is a raw meat diet, it works about 95% of the time. The Dr. Max Gerson diet, works about 25 to 30% of the time.

Obese people who eat meat, also eat refined carbohydrate. The only thing that puts on weight is foods that break down into glucose and foods that contain fructose.

Vegan diets can make some feel quite terrific for a while, and they are excellent cleansers. However, some individuals simply cannot thrive on it in the long run.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 am

Seems like the most simple thing to do towards anti-aging is embrace at least in part a raw vegan diet. Plus it seems to allow supplements to work more deeply.

I'm not sure what end meat-centricity serves, based on my experience eating it--grass-fed included (and that has not been difficult for me to obtain).

Plus, with a ringing endorsement on sexiness from a guy at Southbeach (beach baby), and all my time with the hottest NYC babes, drop the fucking meat!

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 am

or at least cut back.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

vegetarians age faster... im sure raw vegans age even faster because at least vegetarians get some form of b12, amino acids.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/sugar-and-sweeteners/vegetarians-age-faster-2/

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

covered.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/CRL216/ItemDetail?n=0
works very well. take approx 5 per day.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:16 pm

B vitamins,amino acids and iron from meat is much more bioavailable though.

Iron will be needed as well unless you test your Ferritin and its fine.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Where do you get the idea that vegetarians age faster ??? Certainly not visually. If anything they tend to look much younger than their carnivore counterparts. Compare some vegan Cougars doing Yoga (raw food vegan Demi Moore comes to mind) vs middle aged women you are likly to see at McDonalds or KFC....

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  mr parrot Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm

I had tried the raw vegan diet a little over a year ago for two and a half months and found it wasn't for me. Before that point I was a fake vegetarian for a year who allowed myself to eat fish, eggs, and yogurt/kefir. While raw I experienced some benefits such as greatly reduced seborrhoeic dermatitis (somehow itch was worse, but facial/scalp flakes were mostly gone) and my bowel movements increased from 1 or 2 a day to 3 or more. The downside to the diet is that I had zero energy even after the few week initial detox, I was hungry all the time and binge ate nuts and fruit, and I generally felt more nervous in social situations. I am already on the thinner side and when raw turned sickly looking. I lost basically any muscle definition and working out (which I lacked motivation to do, but still tried anyway) did nothing to help. Actually, going raw is what convinced me to start eating meat again and I've only felt better since with increased motivation, sex drive, muscle definition, and confidence. I also require much less food during the day and find myself enjoying more vegetables as opposed to the sweet fruit that I craved constantly during raw.

Please note: I was on raw before I started consistently taking supplements. In fact, on the raw food board I went to most members really discouraged the use of them as they are considered "unnatural" to them. Most of the other topics were usually about someone falling off the raw wagon or complaining about some type of physical issue they shouldn't be having as healthy functional human beings. I believe if I would have taken supplements to make up for my lack of iron, b12, etc. it might have made some difference, but i'm unwilling to go back to this diet.

Also note: During the detox period I experienced by far the worst shed that I've ever had. Throughout my short period on the diet there was no positive effect on my hair.
mr parrot
mr parrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next