Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 5:01 pm by Atlas

» zombie cells
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2024 4:54 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 7:45 am by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 2:18 pm by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 2:07 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 3:40 am by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 1:25 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain

+14
albe
Prague
TheOne
TheFunkyStumpfighter
sparv
nidhogge
hapyman
gbp2000
thelibrarian
Paradox
tao81
rofl
Misirlou
Amaranthaceae
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 Empty Re: Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain

Post  hapyman Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Found this:

USP Grade Urea, 500g - ~$17.00

Also posted this in Prague's thread. I may just have to try this as it seems like a nice simple and natural mix.

Papain-Urea (10%/10%) Salve / Ointment

Ingredients: Beeswax, Glycerin (Vegetable Source), Papain (Papaya Enzyme), Urea, Benzoin (Preservative), Jojoba Oil, Lanette Wax (Emulsifier)
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain - Page 2 Empty Re: Yellow chunks of gunky stuff coming out of my scalp after Bromelain

Post  lund Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Chief - what's up with using Urea? if you want absorption, why not DMSO?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Urea patent for hair treatments, bunch of ideas are listed in there -

Interestingly in one idea the author talks about using it with any vasodilators on your manhood to give it the turbo boost.....

Patent application title: Topical and transdermal treatments using urea formulation

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I think DMSO is a bit too bonkers a solvent to want to throw in. To be honest, I started using urea cream months ago because its keratolytic, and I just want to break up the scaling on my scalp. Not to mention, I get the cream for free (mother works in healthcare and buys it by the case, so I get the excess).

@hapyman- good find on that urea. Its nice that it costs about the same as 100g of bromelain, at least I know something will last me. Im going to pick up a container of that and add it to my clay mix, see if it makes a difference. To be fair, Im not the greatest yardstick for measuring effectiveness, considering I can throw just about anything on my scaling without it doing much of anything (left nioxin scalp renew on for something like 15 hours without so much as a the slightest change or irritation. Did leave a nice chemical burn on my forehead though), so take my experience with it with a grain of salt.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:20 pm

I just crushed up a bromelain tab the other day and used hot water in a bottle to dissolve it. Made my hair look great for a day or two.

So, in all seriousness, what's the main difference between urea cream and our own urea?

Since some of us were talking about uro-topicals recently, I'm thinking (bromelain) pineapple+pee= same thing?

Let me know. Thanks.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:29 pm

There is synthetic urea as well - hopefully you guys are not rubbing some piss on your scalps....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:15 pm

" by lund on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 pm

There is synthetic urea as well - hopefully you guys are not rubbing some piss on your scalps...."

HAHA! Where ya been Lund? Smile [there's been a whole thread on this recently]

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoke10 Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:59 am

So guys. I'm keen to get the final verdict on bromelain/ papain topicals.

A good 8 months since the last post so more than enough time to assess quality of results. Did anyone get any regrowth off the back of these topicals or should we all be looking elsewhere?

Thanks.

Stoke10

Back to top Go down

Post  lzrtgr Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 am

Does anyone share a similar case. The caked on skin actually rises above the normal skin line in large clumps and when I pick them clumps of hair come out along with the old oily skin and what look to be hair papilla... I'm kind of at a loss of what to do, any suggestions that have benefitted others?

lzrtgr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2