Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS)

+4
j87x
KAPTUNKRUNK
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
8 posters

Go down

Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) Empty Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS)

Post  Gibson Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 pm

I was thinking of adding it to my next order. I used it years ago, and recall the huge lift i got from it. there seems to be some debate on whether igf-1 is good or bad for hair. do you think it will be alright to use? thanks

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) Empty Re: Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS)

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Gibson - I've been wanting to try Deer Antler Velvet for years, but just never got around to trying it. I used to have a lot of threads about it on regrowth and listed a few studies. It possible that Dear Antler velvet can recapitulate embryonic stage beta-catenin relative to Wnt signaling and possibly stimulate hair growth. Whether this would really happen either topically or internally hasn't been studied.

As far as IGF-1, if this is low it can make growing hair next to impossible. During androgen blockade treatment it was found that those with low IGF-1 levels did not respond to finasteride.

At the moment the NIH database is going through some maintenance so I'll have to wait to take a look and see if anything new research wise has surfaced on this.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS) Empty Re: Deer Antler Velvet (question for CS)

Post  Gibson Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:28 am

Just a follow up. Seems to be precisely what I needed. My workouts had been somewhat flat lately. I don't think it was for lack of androgens(tried ZMA), or too much estrogen. This nailed exactly what I was missing, probably (IGF-1). As a side note, I don't expect it to do much for hair, as I used it early on and dropped it because it did nothing for my hair. Also, while it was a great sports supp, I was already delivering the goods, so it was excessive and much pricier than what I am paying now. But now apparently, I can use it. So far, it doesn't seem to negatively impact hair, but I just started.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:25 pm

did this help with your strength gains or hair?

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm thinking about taking this either internally/topically, or both. Maybe lack of IGF-1 is the reason why I never responded to finasteride. Anyone else try it?
Is this good?
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-IGF-1-LipoSpray-1-fl-oz-30-mL/651?at=0

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 am

This seems to very potent stuff if coming from the right source, HOWEVER, but my doctor warned me about using this stuff, claiming that there is a risk of getting mad cow disease from it.

It's said to be an elixir for youth and vitality.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 am

Anyone who is thinking that IGF-1 is good for hair (or health) read this: http://www.canibaisereis.com/download/milk-consumption-acne.pdf

This explains how the IGF-1 stimulated by the protein in milk, causes huge hormonal-imbalances and diseases in western-cultures. For me this is the "smoking-gun", you cannot deny milk or IGF-1 doesn’t play a negative role in the balding-process after you read this!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:16 am

Well, anyone who reads studies like you do would not be able to deny it. Correlation regarding a great many factors does not indicate causation in regards to any one specific factor, especially concerning a completely separate condition regardless of how similar they are, but I suppose I'm talking to myself here with this one.

I thought about taking the spray, but opted to go with the IGF Extreme extract. I had a hard break out when I first started, but had much much less of an acne issue a few weeks down the line, less than before I started. It does amazing things for your workout, but goddamn is it expensive. I was adding it to my shampoo for a little while, and using it topically on my crown, but I didn't use either for long enough to even begin to draw conclusions. Personally, I'd make my own extract using raw antler powder before I'd use one of those sprays, but I tend to make things in bulk to save myself some cash.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 am

Misirlou wrote:This seems to very potent stuff if coming from the right source, HOWEVER, but my doctor warned me about using this stuff, claiming that there is a risk of getting mad cow disease from it.

The warning about mad cow disease is a sort of scary tactic without any proof whatsoever.
I wonder how they explain why many vegetarians still get mad cow disease?

Bovine colostrum provides the entire IGF-1 superfamily and it would be a much cheaper alternative to using deer antler velvet.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Misirlou wrote:This seems to very potent stuff if coming from the right source, HOWEVER, but my doctor warned me about using this stuff, claiming that there is a risk of getting mad cow disease from it.

The warning about mad cow disease is a sort of scary tactic without any proof whatsoever.
I wonder how they explain why many vegetarians still get mad cow disease?

Bovine colostrum provides the entire IGF-1 superfamily and it would be a much cheaper alternative to using deer antler velvet.

Definitely, not to mention colostrum is a lot more "user friendly", if you will. I forgot to mention I switched from DAV to colostrum, mostly because of price and all the other health benefits it offers. I get mine from firstmilking.com, but there are cheaper sources.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Why not just drink milk? Milk is a massive stimulator of IGF-1, and would be much more cheaper than colostrum.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 am

Because milk isn't a "massive" stimulator of IGF-1 production, it would be more expensive to buy the amount of pasteurized store bought milk it would take to have anywhere near the same amount of IGF-1 running through your system, colostrum contains more growth factors, cofactors, and immunoglobulins as opposed to just "stimulating" IGF-1 production, and most importantly store bought milk is full of garbage that you wouldn't want in your system anyway.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 am

misterE - Milk in the usual form is poison. Pasteurization destroys most of the good and leaves the bad. Also pasteurized milk is not grass-fed, but grain fed.

Finally, even one were to drink grass-fed raw milk, it will not compare to colostrum, because unlike milk, colostrum contains various growth factors, including the entire IGF-1 superfamily (superior to taking growth hormone), and it has been shown to reverse thymic involution.

Nothing else does that in the natural kingdom (so far).

Colostrum also contains lactoferrin (it binds to iron, helps the skin).

Colostrum is not right for everyone, and if one is already producing an excess amount, it maybe something to avoid until the time comes when it would be of help.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread but i thought I'd post my question here rather then making a new topic.

I am interested in trying Deer antler velvet, i was reading that it increases Insulin-like Growth Factors 1 and 2, has anyone here actually tried the stuff at all?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:54 am

Bumping this old thread again. Any news on DAV? Smile

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down