Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best Brewers yeast supplement

+8
zerx
scottyc33
hapyman
europe
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
jksl
Misirlou
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Brewers yeast supplement - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Brewers yeast supplement

Post  europe Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 am

What is a yeast :

All brand-name packaged yeasts sold in the US are gluten free. Autolyzed yeast in a food product is generally considered gluten free. Brewers yeast, when it's a by-product of beer, is not considered gluten free. Brewers yeast nutritional supplements, however, can be made from either brewer’s yeast or sugar. If made from sugar, they are gluten free.

What is a Nutritional Yeast :

Gluten-free, dairy-free, no sugar or preservatives and delicious!

Nutritional food yeast is cultivated specifically for use as a supplement, is dried at higher temperatures than baking yeast. This process totally inactivates the yeast’s leavening ability. Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast is Candida albicans negative. Many individuals who have trouble digesting yeasted or fermented foods find they have no difficulty with this product and, because it is grown on a molasses medium contains no gluten. It also contains no dairy products, sugar or preservatives.

hope this helped !
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:37 am

If only beets weren't high in oxalates Sad

For that reason, I have to consume smaller quantities and with some calcium.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:12 am

Europe, I don't understand why 'nutritional yeast' such as NOW's is classified that way because it is beet derived, but Lewis Labs is called 'Brewers Yeast' and is also beet derived. To me this is clear that the Lewis Labs is not actual brewer's yeast as derived from the brewing process, but rather 'nutritional yeast'. So I would say that there is no exception to brewer's yeast containing gluten as Lewis labs fits the definition of 'nutritional yeast'. Am I wrong?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

concerning lewis, namming all their yeast "brewer's yeast" is a marketing way.
and they can decline it into buds, flakes, natural etc....different products...

But what they did is to add "NO GLUTEN" and that is cool, because it's in fact a nutritional yeast.

What is important is to know EXACTLY HOW your yeast is created. from molasses ( sugar cane) / beet which is off gluten , or from grains,barley, malt etc....which contain gluten.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 am

jdp710 wrote:If only beets weren't high in oxalates Sad

For that reason, I have to consume smaller quantities and with some calcium.

Jdp

what brewer's yeast do you use? Either kind(brewer's or nutrinional yeast) looks like a "no no" product. And how do you get your calcium?
Are you still using that folinic acid from source naturals for lowering homocysteine?

thanks!
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:13 am

Why a "no no" product?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:36 am

edony,

I take Carlson Labs ----> beets.

Beets contain high amounts of oxalates and glutamate. Not having a B6 deficiency and taking calcium with the Brewers yeast should help with oxalates.

The glutamate level I think I can only get away with taking small doses. I'm working on antidotes for the glutamate and one person swears by Iodine taken at same time as meal or slighly before. They may be right but more that it reduces the affects of glutamate ... not eliminates it. With that said, Iodine as an antidote for glutmate is cutting edge information and as always subject to change Smile
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 am

forgot to mention I never really took calcium supplements in the past. I believe calcium supplements are "very" overrated after taking them for many years other than the rare coral calcium. It's only been recently, since I've been reading about oxalates, I've been taking coral calcium when I eat foods high in oxalates though which isn't that often.

I have over 80 bottles of supplements at my house and it's going to take many months to figure out which ones I can take due to the glutamate. Right now, I'm only taking a few and I haven't gotten around to taking folic acid yet but eventually I'm going around to testing it to see if I'm sensitive to it.
Everything is secondary
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:01 am

I have over 80 bottles of supplements at my house

And my girlfriend thought I was nuts Very Happy and I have probably half of that. She is slowly coming around but she is a purist (all vitamins from food), which is almost impossible nowadays in my opinion.

I've been using the Brewer's Yeast from Swanson's. It gives me an extra boost or so it seems. I was drinking all day Sunday (I know... bad boy Rolling Eyes ) so I was popping them like candy and got a Niacin flush Embarassed. They gave me a bunch of free bottles on accident so I guess I'll be trialing these for awhile.6
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2