Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Carbonic Acid EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Carbonic Acid EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Carbonic Acid EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Carbonic Acid EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Carbonic Acid EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Carbonic Acid EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Carbonic Acid EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Carbonic Acid EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Carbonic Acid EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Carbonic Acid

+2
Joejoebaggins
sublime9
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carbonic Acid Empty Carbonic Acid

Post  sublime9 Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 pm

What can I do about excess release of carbonic acid? I read that carbonic acid is a potential culprit for joints cracking and I was hoping to get some input on this. My current plan is to increase my calcium and manganese intake in an attempt to buffer the condition if it truly is what I have.

Assistance is always appreciated.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Carbonic Acid Empty Re: Carbonic Acid

Post  Joejoebaggins Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:55 pm

Not so much what you're asking for, but when my estrogen was really low my joints cracked like nuts. Seems to be a common symptom of guys with low estrogen. Something to think about.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Sublime - I'm not really sure, but if I were to guess, maybe try Silica hydride (negative charged hydrogen ions) such as Mega-H

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4992
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Speaking of estrogen there was a piece of medical news I was sort of waiting for to confirm a long theory. I've noticed that women who are post menopausal are more likely to be suffering from COPD and I felt the connection was lack of estrogen. New research confirms that estrogen is needed for oxygenation.

Of course when testosterone is very low in older men that can cause a deficit in estrogen too.

Pomegranate has some natural estrogen (the good kind) molecules in it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:09 am

JJB - What did you do to get your estrogen in balance? I am not going to doubt anything until I get it checked so I am open to my estrogen still being out of balance.

IH - I am going to give my calcium experiment a couple months and then if that does or does not work I will move to your recommendation of megahydrate.

All - I am currently on glucosomine as msm by itself did not work for me as I had hoped. I am only 1 week into it so I am not expecting anything for about another 2-3 weeks.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:29 am

Alright no improvement so far in the crackling of the joints or as the medical industry calls it, Crepitus. So far the glucosomine at 1.1 grams a day, chondroitin at 1.2 grams a day and msm at 4 grams a day have not shown any results.

I am still waiting on my calcium supplement to arrive and am going to put in an order for megahydrate this coming week.

JJB - What did you do to raise your estrogen levels? I am thinking more and more this might be what I need to do.

I take 7hmr, DIM, resveratrol and maca, which all affect estrogen levels in one way or another. Any assistance by anyone would be appreciated on this.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:17 am

I meant to note that I was taking that joint combo since early August. I also read that some people who take resveratrol are suffering joint related issues. I am going to drop my stand alone resveratrol supplement for a while.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:19 pm

sublime--

For me, there seems to be something special about Jarrow Sam-e joint. I noticed a difference within one box of it. I've been on it steady for over a year with no joint complaints. I had no luck with mega-H.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Sorry for not replying Sublime, I forgot about this thread Embarassed

I haven't really "done" anything. I just kept testing with my doc and estrogen kept going up. Might want to get a quick blood or urine test (rhein) to find out exactly what's going on.

I beleive my estrogen problems are linked to my biounvailable copper, and now what I'm thinking was a deficiency of Zinc and B6 all along... Pyroluria. Usually if you have estrogen problems copper is too high or too low.

If you had copper problems though, you would have raging anxiety and a lot of other symptoms, so if you don't I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 am

I ordered MegaHydrate and will give that a whirl to see how things go. I will check out SamE at the end of September if I see no improvements.

I will get a full spectrum blood test at my doctors when I schedule it next week. That might shed some light on this issue.

I eat a handful of pumpkin seeds and several helpings of hemp, which gives me around 60 - 70 percent of the RDA zinc intake. I figure I get enough from the rest of the foods I eat throughout the day. Now I could definitely have an issue with copper as I had read some of your previous posts on that topic and can relate to a couple things.

Do you guys think that with the 7hmr, DIM, resveratrol and maca that there just might be to much anti-estrogen effects? I decided to not only cut the bulk of resveratrol but also the DIM. So the only hormonal effecting items (well focused on hormones) is 7hmr and maca.

What are anyone's thoughts on my lack of a major source of epa in regards to this issue?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this topic. This is like the last major health issue I do not have under control.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 am

Bump for the following questions.

Do you guys think that with the 7hmr, DIM, resveratrol and maca that there just might be to much estrogen effects (one way or another)? I decided to not only cut the bulk of resveratrol but also the DIM. So the only hormonal effecting items (well focused on hormones) is 7hmr and maca.

What are anyone's thoughts on my lack of a major source of epa in regards to this issue?

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 am

Sublime - There is one possible angle to try, which is to use Lubricin which is found in Natural egg shell membrane (NEM).

Natural egg shell membrane isn't the yolk, the white or the shell--it's that translucent gel you see after cracking an egg open within the shell. Besides hylauronic acid, which I know you've tried it contains Lubricin.

Lubricin is like an oil to stop the "squeak" between joints and bones. Cytokines released due to an injury can produce Lubricin degrading enzymes.

Lubricin has not been well studied, but it probably will be getting a lot more attention in the future. It could possibly be the problem (lack off) behind Crepitus.

Natural egg shell (NEM) is new so not sure how many distributors exist.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:51 am

Well I am going to give the megahydrate a chance before I take any additional steps and also get my bloodwork done, which might shed some more light on the issue.

I am hoping by removing DIM and resveratrol, which both have been shown to be anti-estrogenic that it will help the joint cracking issue. I am just hoping that my estrogen doesn't kick up to much since I still continue to take propecia. Do you think that 7hmr is enough to control that kick-up of estrogen along with maca?

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am

Actually at this point I think I am going to keep DIM in my regimen until I get my results back from the doctor. Guess I am a bit worried about losing ground.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:20 am

Sublime - I wonder if the Crepitus is a result of Finasteride use. Did you have this before using Fin?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:21 am

IH--

Just an aside, but remember that Terminator II that I purchased? That supplies a steady amount of Negatively Charged Ions into your body. Based on how effective and potent you've found Silica Hydride to be in your personal experience, I can't help but think that it's along the same lines.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:11 am

nidhogge - That makes sense--I didn't know the Terminator II did that.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 am

Yep IH, apparently parasites, bacteria, fungi, etc. are positively charged so by reversing their polarity, you decimate them.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 am

I thought about fin making it worse but I have always had it to a very small degree. Nothing like it is now though, so yeah that could definitely be a possibility.

I got the megahydrate today so we will see what happens. I plan on taking two a day.

I use the terminator II on a regular and have not noticed much help but then again I can't really place it on my ankle. I usually have it around my lower calf or back of my arm. Either way I can't say it has been really effective in regards to my joints cracking.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:50 am

Just to add some additional notes to this thread I have read that a lot of people that have candida have joint problems as well as cracking joints. This was from different health boards.

The good thing is that I am on a candida diet now and have been so for the past two weeks. I think I might add some additional punch to my arsenal.

Currently I cut out sugar except for a quarter to a half cup of blueberries and raspberries per day.

To control candida I am taking pau d'arco, garlic extract, probiotic, and drinking kombucha tea. Thoughts on what else I could add to this group? Today I just started using more kelp, which should boost my iodine intake.

Thanks again guys!!

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:39 am

Ya man I have no idea if the Terminator II would be of benefit to joints. I often will put it in my belt as the skin is real thin below the belly. I actually get an itchy/slight burning feel if I don't move it in some time. Once I decided to stick it through for the hell of it and wound up with a slight skin lesion, lol...took a few weeks to go away.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:52 am

I can leave it in most spots for a day and end up with a light purple mark, but those go away overnight now. I am going to try and center it around my joints more. Maybe do inversions while it is on sometimes. as the only joints that really crack are my ankles and toes. Makes me wonder if the toxins just aren't making their way out due to gravity. Not sure if could even be the case, but hey it's worth a try right?!

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:22 am

Definitely Sublime, keep us posted man!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 am

Still cracking away, but man oh man am I making progress on the candida.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Sublime - Thanks for the update. Crepitus is a tough one to crack--no pun intended.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next