Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Failsafe Regime Recommendations EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Failsafe Regime Recommendations

5 posters

Go down

Failsafe Regime Recommendations Empty Failsafe Regime Recommendations

Post  DesperateIntellect Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:24 am

Im 22 balding fast,

after finding immortal hair i have been rather enlightened by the reading however am now left feeling perplexed and berwildered!

I believe i may have defficient vitamin K, as i have rectal and intestine issues,

but on top of this my early balding has not been helped at all by Propecia, and ever time i mess with the drug it messes me up, with horrible sides

I have revesteral/curcumin but i really believe that the Insulin may be key in my battle

I am thining along one side of my head from temple to vertex with the other side fine

Please if all of you could recommend and advise upon a fool proof regimne i would be enternely grateful

Also is there many success threads?

I am so confused, and i dont have much money

Thank you and i apolgise for perhaps bringing up a common thread

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Failsafe Regime Recommendations Empty Re: Failsafe Regime Recommendations

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:39 am

hoping4hair - Yes this subject does come up rather frequently. Part of the irony is, many that do well do not frequent on the forums long after, it is often the tough cases that remain. But overall this forum is also about health too.

Fortifying yourself with a good probiotic and vitamin K2 would be a great idea along with some glutamine while digestive issues are plaguing. There are some great discussions on using kefir and other fermented foods, which would be a cheaper alternative to buying probiotics, especially since the good probiotics are not cheap.

Many of the supplements are important for insulin regulation such as lipoic acid, but one way to lean out a regimen like this is to be careful on the type of food that is eaten. Regardless if you are a protein type like me or a vegan like some others, the universal caution on food is wheat products, especially if they happen to come from America. This raises blood sugar and is found in all kinds of cereals.

There are various kinds of food to avoid, but knowing which specific ones affect your body is most important, some will be much worse than others. Pasteurized milk is another dangerous food for hair, and of course sugar and alcohol too.

When I eat dessert and I do eat dessert as least once a week, I really have it after my meal (not before). Since I am a protein type I make sure to make protein first, which will keep insulin at bay if I eat something bad afterwords

Also, since a lot of precocious balding associates with potential future cardiovascular disease, this implies a thyroid problem. Please note that most tests at the doctors office will not identify a real thyroid problem. Some call this hypothyroidism type II. To get an idea on this possibility do a Broda Barnes temperature (basal) test you can perform at home with a shake down thermometer.

Sufficient iodine, Selenium maybe enough to get the thyroid back into better order and keep inflammation down so the hair loss battle will be easier.

Starting out, would suggest if budget is tight to go for the top three or four.

http://www.immortalhair.org/mycurrentregimen.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:54 am

CS:

What are the differences with wheat products in America that affect hair loss?

Warren

Back to top Go down

Failsafe Regime Recommendations Empty food

Post  DesperateIntellect Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 pm

ok thank you very much

At 22 i clearly fit into the premature, and looking at the immortal website, it could be an issue of SGBH now i tried Soy Isoflavons as they were meant to promote SGBH but i got similar sides to propecia weirdly. Obvisouly im not very informed or knowldegable or intelligent as a vast number of people here, but as someone so young i need some experienced help.

I usley consume

Breakfast:

1.A large portion wheatabix and milk with sugar on top for breakfast (or another ceareal)

2.I eat alot of bread

This is bad tho right

Is fruit sugar good? dried cranberries

Basically could someone suggest a cheap 7 dayor one day diet that really gives my fight some kick and let me go shopping today and change my lifestyle

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Post  DesperateIntellect Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Also i am very interested in the Candida yeast information, as having gastro symtpoms myself would point in thhis direction, my query regards immortal statement that without controlling candida no hair regimn will work does this include propecia

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Warren wrote:CS:

What are the differences with wheat products in America that affect hair loss?

I have to say that at this time there is limited evidence to support this, so I initially intended to provide a disclaimer.

But at any rate, I have some anedoctal evidence that suggests that Genetically modified wheat increases blood sugar much more significantly than non-GMO. As as I understand (someone correct me if I am wrong), Europe does not use GMO wheat.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 pm

hoping4hair wrote:ok thank you very much

At 22 i clearly fit into the premature, and looking at the immortal website, it could be an issue of SGBH now i tried Soy Isoflavons as they were meant to promote SGBH but i got similar sides to propecia weirdly. Obvisouly im not very informed or knowldegable or intelligent as a vast number of people here, but as someone so young i need some experienced help.

I usley consume

Breakfast:

1.A large portion wheatabix and milk with sugar on top for breakfast (or another ceareal)

2.I eat alot of bread

This is bad tho right

Is fruit sugar good? dried cranberries

Basically could someone suggest a cheap 7 dayor one day diet that really gives my fight some kick and let me go shopping today and change my lifestyle

You can normalize SHBG by improve your glucose metabolism. This is easily achieved by limiting elevated glucose and insulin levels by avoiding the very foods you mentioned. Most of everything in a supermarket that is below the circle (the areas that contain meat, seafood, vegetables and fruit) are made up of processed foods, which cause a decline in health and hair.

Say for instance, you eat what you stated for breakfast, wheat cereal, pasteurized milk with sugar. This is a triple whammy. Elevation in IGF-1 (more DHT), lots of bad bacteria in the milk (none of the good from raw milk), lactose from pasteurized milk significantly increases glucose compared to raw. The enzymes in the milk are deactivated (no more phosphatase to help make the calcium usable). The wheat increases blood glucose and is loaded in mycotoxins. The cereal process is a toxic creation (there's a great post on this if anyone knows where to find it). Finally the sugar is decrease the body's ability to fight bacteria and of course raise insulin levels which will make more DHT.

Here's some more info on diet. I should work on this section in a little more detail one of these days.

http://www.immortalhair.org/dietaryfactors.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:52 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

The cereal process is a toxic creation (there's a great post on this if anyone knows where to find it).

Packaged Cereals

Dry breakfast cereals are produced by a process called extrusion. Cereal makers first create a slurry of the grains and then put them in a machine called an extruder. The grains are forced out of a little hole at high temperature and pressure. Depending on the shape of the hole, the grains are made into little o's, flakes, animal shapes, or shreds (as in Shredded Wheat or Triscuits), or they are puffed (as in puffed rice). A blade slices off each little flake or shape, which is then carried past a nozzle and sprayed with a coating of oil and sugar to seal off the cereal from the ravages of milk and to give it crunch.

In his book Fighting the Food Giants, Paul Stitt has tells us that the extrusion process used for these cereals destroys most of the nutrients in the grains. It destroys the fatty acids; it even destroys the chemical vitamins that are added at the end. The amino acids are rendered very toxic by this process. The amino acid lysine, a crucial nutrient, is especially denatured by extrusion. This is how all the boxed cereals are made, even the ones sold in the health food stores. They are all made in the same way and mostly in the same factories. All dry cereals that come in boxes are extruded cereals.

The only advances made in the extrusion process are those that will cut cost regardless of how these will alter the nutrient content of the product. Cereals are a multi-billion dollar business, one that has created huge fortunes.

With so many people eating breakfast cereals, you might expect to find some studies on the effect of extruded cereals on animals or humans. Yet, there are no published studies at all in the scientific literature.

The Rat Experiments
Let me tell you about two studies which were not published. The first was described by Paul Stitt who wrote about an experiment conducted by a cereal company in which four sets of rats were given special diets. One group received plain whole wheat, water and synthetic vitamins and minerals. A second group received puffed wheat (an extruded cereal), water and the same nutrient solution. A third set was given only water. A fourth set was given nothing but water and chemical nutrients. The rats that received the whole wheat lived over a year on this diet. The rats that got nothing but water and vitamins lived about two months. The animals on water alone lived about a month. But the company's own laboratory study showed that the rats given the vitamins, water and all the puffed wheat they wanted died within two weeks---they died before the rats that got no food at all. It wasn't a matter of the rats dying of malnutrition. Autopsy revealed dysfunction of the pancreas, liver and kidneys and degeneration of the nerves of the spine, all signs of insulin shock.

Results like these suggested that there was something actually very toxic in the puffed wheat itself! Proteins are very similar to certain toxins in molecular structure, and the pressure of the puffing process may produce chemical changes, which turn a nutritious grain into a poisonous substance.

Another unpublished experiment was carried out in the 1960s. Researchers at University of Michigan were given 18 laboratory rats. They were divided into three groups: one group received corn flakes and water; a second group was given the cardboard box that the corn flakes came in and water; the control group received rat chow and water. The rats in the control group remained in good health throughout the experiment. The rats eating the box became lethargic and eventually died of malnutrition. But the rats receiving the corn flakes and water died before the rats that were eating the box! (The last corn flake rat died the day the first box rat died.) But before death, the corn flake rats developed schizophrenic behavior, threw fits, bit each other and finally went into convulsions. The startling conclusion of this study is that there was more nourishment in the box than there was in the corn flakes.

This experiment was actually designed as a joke, but the results were far from funny. The results were never published and similar studies have not been conducted.

Most of America eats this kind of cereal. In fact, the USDA is gloating over the fact that children today get the vast majority of their important nutrients from the nutrients added to these boxed cereals.

Cereals sold in the health food stores are made by the same method. It may come as a shock to you, but these whole grain extruded cereals are probably more dangerous than those sold in the supermarket, because they are higher in protein and it is the proteins in these cereals that are so denatured by this type of processing.

There are no published studies on the effects of these extruded grains on animals or humans, but I did find one study in a literature search that described the microscopic effects of extrusion on the proteins. "Zeins," which comprise the majority of proteins in corn, are located in spherical organelles called protein bodies. During extrusion, these protein bodies are completely disrupted and deformed. The extrusion process breaks down the organelles, disperses the proteins and the proteins become toxic. When they are disrupted in this way, you have absolute chaos in your food, and it can result in a disruption of the nervous system.

http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfood/dirty-secrets.html
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  DesperateIntellect Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Firstly i would like to thank you all tremendously for your contribution to my questions there incredible answers and the fact you guys spent the time answering my questions like that means alot to me! THANK YOU

I'm in shock the more i read the more i feel as if for premature balding such as mine is very much to do with diet. Obvisouly over time androgens have a detrimental affect but at my age and with my track record of a diet, it seems obvisous to me that this is a very big problem with my health and perhaps hairloss. Although i do not expect to regain much of what i have lost hopefully i can slow this right down by taking all the advice found here.

I did a self test for Candida (spitting in a glass lol) and got confirmation of my concern so i have ordered nica^*(&P* something or other mentioned on the Immortal website and also ordered some Vitamin K (i noticed a deficiency in this can result in rectal bleeding and this is something i have unfortunately experienceed from time to time (soorry). So First things first im going to rid myself of the candida. Im drinking lots of probiotics, and going to try and cut down on the foods i have found mentioned that make it worse.

Jees my diet this last year has all white bread, cheeses, lots of milk, and its been horrific year for my hair aswell, when last year i was working out daily and running a mile a day i had pretty decent hair.

My new regime for food is going to be a diet of fish and white meat (is red meat good a little bit?)
Avacodos, tomatoes, cucumber blabal, i have no idea what to start having every morning for breakfast? any ideas. This past month i have been eating alot of fruit and juices only to find this is really bad for candida!

I am continuing with Revestarol and Curcumin, i cant afford to order Toco 8 or anyother supplements right now.

Well thanks again guys

Any advice or small steps i can take and tried and tested things you have found over time is very much appreiated.

Cheers!

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:06 am

hoping4hair - Yes red meat is good. I realize that is might seem like a like a stake or "steak" through the heart of conventional wisdom, so here is more information.

I'll start with the benefits and then start to detract the negatives.

The benefits: Loaded with good saturated fat, no this does not clog arteries that is a falsehood and in fact the opposite is true. Saturated fat lowers Lp(a) the market found in both cardiovascular disease and hair loss. Saturated fat is a more stable fat to cook with, butter and lard make safer cooking oils than conventional vegetable oils. Saturated fat also improves mineralization absorption.

Red meat contains a powerful anti-aging antioxidant called carnosine (not be be confused with carnitine, which it also contains). Carnosine is anti-glycative, it reduces telomere damage and shortening rate in cultured normal fibroblasts, it fights the most pernicious free-radicals in the human body and protects against stroke and other ischemic diseases.

What about the so-called "negatives." Certaintly red meat will add Arachadonic acid, but this is actually important as it is necessary for healthy breast milk. Arachadonic acid does cause inflammation, but taking either enough fish oil or preferably krill oil will balance it. If the red meat is pasture-fed (a truly grass-fed animal), its omega-3 content will be so high it will not require balancing.

Some cautions however, never cook red meat beyond medium rare as that is where the natural b-vitamins will be destroyed then you have possibly elevated homocysteine. Of course it is not always possibly to avoid a more cooked hamburger, so there is where b-vitamins preferably from a natural source would help out. Also try to avoid grilling the steak to a black char, since that is definitely carcinogenic.

Lastly, I eat primarily red meat so I can personally attest that is is not a problem.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am

CS:

I believe you are right on red meat. I have two friends, both with full heads of hair (not even a bit receding), and they have very similar diets. One of them is more extreme in that he doesn't eat seafood and a whole host of other things. Anyways, both these guys eat a lot of meat (beef, chicken, pork) and rice. That's what they like to eat the most and, if they didn't have wives, would eat like that all the time. Another peculiar thing is that both of them have never really liked fruit and barely eat any -- most of the time none at all.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 am

Warren,

I think the observation that your friends who eat meat and dont have any hair loss has
really to do with genetics.

Just eating meat wont give you a head full of hair. For people without androgenetic alopecia, they wont lose their hair, but certainly their health will decline by consuming a lot of meat not properly cooked and coming from grain fed cattle (Omega 6).

For us with hair problems (mostly andro genetic I believe), if we follow the same practice, not only we lose our hair more rapidly but our health also declines.

I also have a lot of friends who consume a LOT of meat, grilled and high in omega 6, consume practically no omega 3 at all, eat a lof of refined sugar, grains with lectins and other crap, and yet they don't have hair problems or skin problems like acne. Of course, they're overweight and their health is just declining constantly, creating the conditions for deadly diseases.

So we should be more careful about our observations, be more objective and scientific.
This is because we may end up doing the wrong things, for our hair and more importantly for our health.

I would advise everyone to take a look at Dr. Cordain's Paleo Diet, which scientifically explains why we are designed to eat meat (real grass-fed meat) and grains and dairy are just not for us.

Thanks... just my 2 cents.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 am

LittleFighter - I've got a pretty cool link to research compiled from Loren Cordain here (third link from the bottom)

http://www.immortalhair.org/dietaryfactors.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 am

LittleFighter:

I don't buy the "genetics" argument for the most part. Yes I believe some people are predisposed to hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), but with so many people losing their hair, the situation has become an epidemic.

My friend who's super picky: his Dad is bald. The other friend I was talking about has two bald brothers. Did "genetics" skip a few here? Or perhaps there is something else going on? Who knows, but that is what I'm trying to find out. This is why I quiz them about their diets so much because I find them rather unique in their own families and compared to the rest of us. Ideally I wish I had sets of twins to look at, but I haven't met any so far.

I agree my observations are not very scientific and circumstantial. I apologize if that offends you. Like I said, I try to talk with as many people as I can to find out what they are eating, or perhaps not eating. I truly believe diet is the cause of hair loss. Either we're eating too much of something or not enough of something. By posting my circumstantial findings, I am trying to encourage other people to take notice of what their full-headed friends are eating or not eating. I want to post "thinking out of the box" ideas compared to all those more scientific scientists who are continually looking down the wrong path with symptoms like DHT or bald genes or what not. In any case, it's not like I told everyone to go have steak for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Finally, I agree with you on the grass fed meat and I also extend that to grain-fed chicken. Our food supplies are in a horrid state.

LittleFighter wrote:Warren,

I think the observation that your friends who eat meat and dont have any hair loss has
really to do with genetics.

Just eating meat wont give you a head full of hair. For people without androgenetic alopecia, they wont lose their hair, but certainly their health will decline by consuming a lot of meat not properly cooked and coming from grain fed cattle (Omega 6).

For us with hair problems (mostly andro genetic I believe), if we follow the same practice, not only we lose our hair more rapidly but our health also declines.

I also have a lot of friends who consume a LOT of meat, grilled and high in omega 6, consume practically no omega 3 at all, eat a lof of refined sugar, grains with lectins and other crap, and yet they don't have hair problems or skin problems like acne. Of course, they're overweight and their health is just declining constantly, creating the conditions for deadly diseases.

So we should be more careful about our observations, be more objective and scientific.
This is because we may end up doing the wrong things, for our hair and more importantly for our health.

I would advise everyone to take a look at Dr. Cordain's Paleo Diet, which scientifically explains why we are designed to eat meat (real grass-fed meat) and grains and dairy are just not for us.

Thanks... just my 2 cents.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 am

No offense at all, Warren.

I believe anecdotal evidence and observations are very important too... They certainly help to fill the gaps and sometimes even to find new facts.

For example, just see those heavy green tea drinkers and their lower incidence of certain diseases. I personally have found that people that consume lots of cilantro and onions with their food, rarely get infections from bad food or exposure to bacteria.

It's just that I belive that sometimes people just draw conclusions too quickly, without being objective or gathering more proof.

Maybe I wasn't too fair with you. I just wanted to use this opportunity to express my thoughts on this subject, but wasn't my intention to say that you're not objective or something like that. I apologize.

Despite my comments, I also don't like those extreme scientist types who sometimes can be just too short-sighted and can't see outside drug-based solutions. It's like if they almost forget about our nature, that we are to be healthy naturally, without any intervention... it's like if they've lost humbleness and they try to be above nature pretending to solve things by partially controling complex biological processes by inhibiting things to extremes.

I fully agree with you that diet is essential. I believe that if I followed the diet that we as humans were designed to follow, my problems would reverse. At this point of my life, I just can't follow that diet, hopefully someday I'll be able to do so.

Thanks.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 pm

No worries Smile

I understand we're all trying to stay focused and reach the same goal here.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down