Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Best heavy metal test and best detox? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best heavy metal test and best detox?

2 posters

Go down

Best heavy metal test and best detox? Empty Best heavy metal test and best detox?

Post  teacup Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

I am taking a relative of mine to meet a nutritional coach soon, I discussed doing the DMSA challenge (This involves taking a drug called DMSA that binds to heavy metals that are then urinated out the body, collected, and metal levels are measured.) with the coach, he often does the DMSA challenge to test for metals.

Question 1: Is DMSA standard and safe?

Question 2: What does IH recommend for heavy metal detoxing? (assuming one has these heavy metals: mercury, lead, Aluminum, Manganese, Copper, Nickel). I have made a list of options that I am aware of:

OSR
Standard process catalyn and zinc liver chelate
Waiora's NCD - natural cellular defense
Oral chelation/longevity plus
Dental mercury detox by sam and michael ziff
Humifulvate
Toxguard
Modified Citrus Pectin / MCP / Sodium Alginate
ALA - alpha lipoic acid - lipoic acid
R-ALA – R alpha lipoic acid
Detoxamin
EDTA – ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid
Magnesium
Iodine
Silica Hydride
Chlorella - algae
Bentonite clay and Activated charcoal
MMS
Zeolites
Cilantro
DMPS – dimercaptopropane sulfonate sodium
Brazil Nuts
DMSA – dimercaptosuccinic acid
DMSO

Any specific ones to avoid? specific ones to use?

Thanks guys!!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Best heavy metal test and best detox? Empty Re: Best heavy metal test and best detox?

Post  teacup Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 am

forgot to include IP-6

which is best , which is worst?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Best heavy metal test and best detox? Empty CS Recommendations

Post  teacup Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:07 am

Thanks to the Quotes by CS thread, I was able to collect all the quotes by CS relating to heavy metal detox products.

CS recommended these:
Humifulvate, Iodine, OSR, Magnesium oil, lipoic acid, Taurine, MCP (Modified Citrus Pectin/Sodium Alginate)

Quotes from CS on detoxing (source and more details):

For mercury in particular, humifulvate is more effective for mercury than MCP (ToxGuard), however both are good for metals. ToxGuard is especially good for Lead (pB).

Unlike ALA, Humifulvate is a true metal chelator, creating a strong binding and excretion, rather than freeing up materials to possible recirculate into the bloodstream.

Humifulvate and iodine will help remove aluminum.

Aluminum oxide is not as toxic as mercury, however it is unfortunately, quite toxic. Mercury is the second most toxic substance on earth, next to plutonium.

DMSA makes one feel like crap--and largely because it does not bind completely through excretion, but rather contributes to recirculation of toxins back into the blood stream. I've witnessed this too many times to count. Also, based on the results I have heard about regarding OSR, an antioxidant developed by Dr. Boyd Haley, it seems to be a more effective protocol for mercury removal (once fillings have been removed).

MCP does work and there are studies provide not only by the manufacture.

Plus I should add that based on DNA testing and blood chemistry analysis, OSR is superior to the Cutler protocol, so I'm already convinced.

Unlike ALA, Humifulvate is a true metal chelator, creating a strong binding and excretion, rather than freeing up materials to possible recirculate into the bloodstream.

DMSA makes one feel like crap--and largely because it does not bind completely through excretion, but rather contributes to recirculation of toxins back into the blood stream. I've witnessed this too many times to count. Also, based on the results I have heard about regarding OSR, an antioxidant developed by Dr. Boyd Haley, it seems to be a more effective protocol for mercury removal (once fillings have been removed).

If fillings haven't been removed, then Humifulvate is a good idea.

The ideal chelator is OSR (Oxidative Stress Relief). DMSA and DMPS I think are a huge mistake, would avoid these.

One of the most effective methods to resolve mercury poisoning is the use of a relatively new fat-soluble antioxidant called OSR.

OSR is a product associated with Dr. Haley who has conducted research on the link between autism and mercury exposure, it is marketed as a generalized antioxidant.

OSR is generally only distributed through doctors. However, the following website will sell it to the public.

http://shop.startlivingwelltoday.com/products.asp?dept=47

What makes OSR remarkable is its ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) score, which is 192,400. This is extremely high when compared with blueberries which is well known for its high ORAC value of 2,400. Moreover, OSR is a fat soluble antioxidant, which is where the antioxidant activity really matters most, especially for mercury toxicity.

My concern about DMSA is that when patients have taken it, there's a lot of very uncomfortable effects during its usage.
I never felt this to be a comforting reaction and there has been some debate over the years about its effectiveness, also with respect to DMPS as well.
On a second note, Transdermal DMPS is especially effective for autism, however it's relatively unknown and would make exception to it as opposed to standard DMPS administration.

Regarding OSR, here are some Q & A from the creator of it. I do not agree with some of his opinions and I'm quite sure that Andy Cutler would disagree on some points as well, however I have heard some rather remarkable feedback from dentists who have used OSR in practice using state of the art testing to determine one's mercury toxicity and upon testing for residual mercury toxicity was impressive for OSR relative to other chelation methods.

Modified citrus pectin on the other hand is more useful for things like lead.

If you take enough iodine (kelp is sometimes a source of Lead (Pb) and may not contain enough iodine to detoxify all the bromide (from dutasteride), fluoride and other halogens from other sources.

Also, if you have a lot of bromide in your tissue, you may experience a bromide detoxification (temporary acne), then salt loading (celtic salt) is a good idea to help with this process. In some cases, heart palpitations can occur if your sodium iodide symporter has problems, then you can temporarily cease iodine intake, load up with celtic salt, and then later resume iodine.

I have heard glowing reports of suppository-based chelation (Detoxamin) combined with anti-bacterials to virtually eliminate prostate cancer.
If you want to quicken the process then Detoxamin would be the most cost effective choice as far as ETDA goes.

EDTA is ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, it is a synthetic amino acid that has an affinity to metals and does bind to calcium.

The most effective form of chelation using EDTA is usually IV (intravenous chelation). This is done by a doctor, who who first checks your creatnine levels to ensure your kidneys can handle the filtration of normal levels.

Oral EDTA is generally not worth your time--yes you will see oral EDTA products all over the net, forget them.

EDTA is very poorly absorbed and will immediately exit the body, hence this is why IV EDTA chelation is a good way to go.

However, there is another form of EDTA chelation that can be quite effective, and that would be suppository.
The product is called Detoxamin which is a suppository form of EDTA chelation. Yes it is expensive, but no more near as expensive as IV-Chelation. Either way, this must be done over a period of time.

Rather than going through this process, I would consider Magnesium oil, which is transdermal and can deliver relatively high amounts of magnesium into the system as is as effective as IV Magnesium for a fraction of the cost.
Magnesium helps to to diffuse calcium, along with Omega-3 fatty acids.

If you want to quicken the process then Detoxamin would be the most cost effective choice as far as ETDA goes.

My view is that lipoic acid is protective against mercury present in brain tissue. There are other detoxification agents such as NAC, and cysteine that present a danger in terms of mercury transport. It hasn't been proven yet that lipoic acid removes mercury from the brain, but there is only evidence that it protects against mercury already present in brain tissue.

I like Taurine for the "cheating factor," if I load up on anything bad, Taurine gives me a detoxification reaction--very smooth the next day.

Taurine really gives a good bang for the buck/dollar/euro and it appears to be consistent.

Anytime I eat junk, I get the detox thanks to the taurine.

In professional heavy metal detox, it is standard to avoid glutathione treatment when a mercury chelating agent is used for example.

The short answer to your first question is Toxic Urine Metals test (24-hour collection). There is no one correct way to detox metals for everybody, this is where more info is needed. In general, I think Humifulvate is safe enough to use for general purposes. Also, Modified Citrus Pectin/Sodium Alginate.

big mike - The correct form of metal detox can regrow hair. If the type of detox used in inappropriate, yes there could be side-effects. The general recommendations mentioned above should be devoid of sides.

If you find that you have high mercury levels, ALA would not be enough to remove it. Perhaps high dose Lugol's solution, with Humifulvate and Silica Hydride (negatively charged hydrogen ions). I suggest these three because they do not cause the sort of problems that other mercury detox protocols inflict.

Sulforaphane is becoming a classical epigenetic modulator, capable of redirecting genetic expression. It does everything from histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibition (useful in cancer prevention), protects against glutathione degradation (useful in Parkinson's prevention), improves phase II detoxification significantly, protects against atherosclerosis by restoring Nrf2 status in the endothelium, blunts the androgen receptor in prostatic cancer, and protects keratinocytes from depletion of antioxidant capacity--this last part is especially interesting for hair growth.

I think everyone here should consider either checking out their metal exposure or the lazy way, which is just something like Humifulvate. If a detoxication reaction occurs, especially at higher than normal doses, it is a sign of toxicity.

Many prostate diseases are vastly improved with suppository chelation, which binds to metals like lead in the prostate. Everything from enlarged prostate, to inflammation of the prostate to even prostate cancer are often in part result from these metal accumulations.

This product here is an example of that:http://www.detoxamin.com/?k=chelationsuppository&se=TopPositioncampaign&p=3.00&gclid=CIXVo6ehsZYCFRNOagodlgl0LA
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Best heavy metal test and best detox? Empty Re: Best heavy metal test and best detox?

Post  Yanks Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 pm

I know humifulvate should be taken hours between supplements, but what about food?

Also, does this appply to ALL metal chelaters? MCP in particular?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down