Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Recommendations for topical EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Recommendations for topical EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Recommendations for topical EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Recommendations for topical EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Recommendations for topical EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Recommendations for topical EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Recommendations for topical EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Recommendations for topical EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Recommendations for topical EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Recommendations for topical

+7
TheFunkyStumpfighter
tooyoung
hdawn
Decro435
IntoTheWest
misterE
unfortunate
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recommendations for topical Empty Recommendations for topical

Post  unfortunate Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:38 am

So I'm 27 and have been using minoxidil for about 3-4 years - I got results but the sides were so bad that I had to quit cold turkey about 5 months ago. I got on Ih's top six around the same time and have added the additional supplements along the way. I have lost a lot continue to shed thick healthy hairs even after 5 months...

Now I am finally at the point where I buzzed my head and am ready to try and start regrowing some hair with topicals. I am wondering if anyone can make any recommendations for natural topicals? Also, should I add any other internals? I am not interested in getting back on drugs like minoxidil or propecia - they are just not worth the sides ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for topical Empty Re: Recommendations for topical

Post  misterE Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:11 am

1. Dr. Bronners magic peppermint soap (as shampoo to remove sebum and dead-skin build-up).
2. T-sal shampoo (to remove keratin build-up)
2. Ketoconazole shampoo (to remove all the estradiol and DHT which has accumulated in the scalp).
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 am

RU58841 or Spiro Cream

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 am

misterE wrote:1. Dr. Bronners magic peppermint soap (as shampoo to remove sebum and dead-skin build-up).
2. T-sal shampoo (to remove keratin build-up)
2. Ketoconazole shampoo (to remove all the estradiol and DHT which has accumulated in the scalp).

MisterE,

Do you have any leave-in topicals to recommend? What do you think of Nizoral foam?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 am

Steven_Tyler wrote:RU58841 or Spiro Cream

Wouldn't Spiro give me the same sides as propecia?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am

Doesnt RU58841 also have bad side effects?

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

unfortunate wrote:

MisterE,

Do you have any leave-in topicals to recommend? What do you think of Nizoral foam?

No leave-in-topicals. Nizoral foam seems promising, so does nizoral cream, which is shown to regrow lots of hair.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:05 pm

misterE wrote:
unfortunate wrote:

MisterE,

No leave-in-topicals. Nizoral foam seems promising, so does nizoral cream, which is shown to regrow lots of hair.

So why do you think Nizoral foam works? Is it by blocking dht or some other mechanism? What kind of sides can one expect?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 am

I wouldn't go near either. Who knows what side effects RU could cause long-term. Basically nothing is known about it.

I've used Spiro before and of course like most hair drugs, it does have side effects. Trouble breathing is one and extreme anxiety, though I seem to get side effects from everything.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 am

Decro435 wrote:

I wouldn't go near either. Who knows what side effects RU could cause long-term. Basically nothing is known about it.

I've used Spiro before and of course like most hair drugs, it does have side effects. Trouble breathing is one and extreme anxiety, though I seem to get side effects from everything.

Low dose of RU is safe to use

Back to top Go down

Post  hdawn Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:05 am

We know very little about RU. If by "safe" you mean most people don't see immediate side effects then I would agree. If by "safe" you mean that long-term use will not create any big issues then I think you are guessing.

I got side effects from topical spiro (burning/itching nipples). I quickly quit as there have been a few reports of gyno from topical spiro.

I use fluridil - I dont think it's very strong but I am reasonably confident it is safe. I am also going to add the Vellus line from Elsom.

hdawn

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am

I tried the elsom vellus line - it did nothing for me and stinks to high hell. As far as fluridil, what is its mechanism?

hdawn wrote:We know very little about RU. If by "safe" you mean most people don't see immediate side effects then I would agree. If by "safe" you mean that long-term use will not create any big issues then I think you are guessing.

I got side effects from topical spiro (burning/itching nipples). I quickly quit as there have been a few reports of gyno from topical spiro.

I use fluridil - I dont think it's very strong but I am reasonably confident it is safe. I am also going to add the Vellus line from Elsom.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  hdawn Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 am

Fluridil is an anti-androgen that degrades to relatively harmless metabolites in the presence of water (so in your bloodstream, for example). Google it - you'll find plenty of info.

hdawn

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 am

hdawn wrote:Fluridil is an anti-androgen that degrades to relatively harmless metabolites in the presence of water (so in your bloodstream, for example). Google it - you'll find plenty of info.

So I was just reading up on it - seems rather interesting actually and people don't seem to be reporting too many sides - so I guess on that front it is effective. As far as hair loss goes - have you tried it? If so, how have your results been?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  hdawn Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 am

I am super-sensitive to anti-androgens but have had no sides at all on fluridil. As for hair, I have no way of knowing. I quit Propecia and my hair is falling out...has fluridil slowed it? I personally think so but I can't know for sure. It's very easy to use although you need to have a dry scalp (I do it before bed).

hdawn

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:06 am

hdawn wrote:I am super-sensitive to anti-androgens but have had no sides at all on fluridil. As for hair, I have no way of knowing. I quit Propecia and my hair is falling out...has fluridil slowed it? I personally think so but I can't know for sure. It's very easy to use although you need to have a dry scalp (I do it before bed).

How long have you been on it? I am also super sensitive to propecia and anti-androgens - I tried some a few years ago and started getting puffy nipples so I quite. Man, this disease/disorder sucks...

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  hdawn Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:25 am

I have been using fluridil for 5 months - definitely no side effects (by comparison, topical spiro gives me immediate side effects).

hdawn

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Has anyone found any ways to stop hair being very dry from nizoral and still keep the benefits?

Would a shampoo such as this one:
http://www.iherb.com/Avalon-Organics-Biotin-B-Complex-Thickening-Shampoo-14-fl-oz-400-ml/3477?at=0

Being used straight after niz, or every other day help with the drying?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I used niz for 6 or 7 months exclusively, and I tried everything to help with the dryness. I used conditioners, oils, things like aloe and comfrey concentrate, nothing helped. Not only this, but it didn't do a damn thing for my seb derm.

I'd say try only using it a few times a week, and alternate it with something really moisturizing. I feel like niz is going to dry you out one way or the other if you're prone to drying, so use it sparingly. Maybe try using ketokonazole foam or cream instead of nizoral, or alternate between them.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Does anyone know if Nizoral cream is less prone to dry out the scalp? I have had the same problem with it.

I have heard some of had some regrowth with Nizoral cream.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

that probably won't stop the drying I've used both(seperate days and straight after) and that didn't work for me. Dr bronners soap might work though it won't thicken like the avalon though.

tooyoung wrote:Has anyone found any ways to stop hair being very dry from nizoral and still keep the benefits?

Would a shampoo such as this one:
http://www.iherb.com/Avalon-Organics-Biotin-B-Complex-Thickening-Shampoo-14-fl-oz-400-ml/3477?at=0

Being used straight after niz, or every other day help with the drying?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Has anyone else used dr bronners or anything else to stop the drying effect?

What are your opinions on minoxidil? Of the "big 3" is it only fin that should be avoided? A few of you guys are on nizoral and im pretty sure superzix II says you should mix minoxidil in with his hairmuck.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hdawn Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 am

Another topical I have heard some good things about is Lamas' Scalp Serum.

hdawn

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Emu oil is apparently helpful in preventing dry scalp from niz. It may also be beneficial itself in regrowing hair. I'm thinking maybe niz shampoo or cream (some people say cream is better than shampoo), with emu oil to prevent dryness and avalon organics shampoo on days off from niz, with possibly superzix as my topicals. Any feedback?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:39 am

I've previously tried Nizorelle (1% ketoconazole) and believed in it for a time, and also some more natural shampoos but the truth is most of them just dry me out too much. So I'm going to try washing my hair and scalp with water and little else. Apparently for some people this works well - because you are not constantly stripping the hair of its natural oils the scalp should eventually learn to produce an adequate amount and no more. On the downside there is a period of adjustment of around 2 months that could prove socially awkward for many. Conditioner-only washing is an alternative for those who find it too extreme.

It's a simple theory and although it goes against the grain and won't be for everyone it makes a degree of sense to me. Would nature have designed human hair to require harsh chemical compounds like SLS, as found in Nizoral, in order for it to flourish? I doubt it. Will report back what happens. Link for those interested:

http://hair-care.suite101.com/article.cfm/water_only_hair_washing

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next