Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Pancreas / Blood Sugar EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pancreas / Blood Sugar

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pancreas / Blood Sugar Empty Pancreas / Blood Sugar

Post  Glacier Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Can somebody advise which supplements to take to recover from post pancreatitis problems? For example is there anything out there which can regenerate the insulin secreting cells of the pancreas, someone I know has gone through this and his pancreas do not seem to function at full capacity so his blood sugar is higher than normal (13.5), is there a way that traditional diabetic medication can be avoided in this case?

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Pancreas / Blood Sugar Empty Re: Pancreas / Blood Sugar

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Glacier - Is this a case of autoimmune pancreatitis?

Also does this person produce any insulin at all or just a small amount?

Would suggest lipoic acid and have them increase the amount slowly to see how they respond to it. If it is tolerated increase it gradually up a 100 milligrams every few days. If it is well suited switch to stabilized R-Lipoic Acid.

Have them check their vitamin D level and supplement amounts necessary to get a range of between 70 and a 100.

Gymnema sylvestre increases the production of beta cell islets in the pancreas, also Pterocarpus marsupium.

Usually pancreatitis is associated with Helicobacter pylori infection. I recommend anyone with an autoimmune condition to take large doses of sulphoraphane. It would be wise for this person to take a good probiotic also.

There's a study that has yet to be duplicated in humans but it was found that injecting capsaicin directly into the pancreas in mice recapitulated insulin producing islets. Essentially suggesting that it is autoimmune related and not such much complete failure.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Almost forgot, if there are other drugs used other than insulin would be important to know. Also the kind of insulin used is important. Unfortunately, greed and opportunistic pharma is undermining bio-identical human insulin and using synthetics which do not work well in the human body. The timing is off.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:11 pm

CS - Thanks for the info. I believe it was a case autoimmune pancreatitis? His pancreas do function but 'not enough'. He does medication for high blood pressure, takes metaporol and ramipiril, is a former smoker.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:15 pm

I meant it was a case of autoimmune pancreatitis, his pancreas reacted to a compound (I cannot remember) in a medicine he used to take, he no longer takes that medicine.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Glacier - Metoprolol, a beta-blocker is a drug to avoid. Not only can it potentially exacerbate insulin problems, it is a drug to avoid for the sake of any patient or condition. Hypertension is looked to be a "disease," but it is more of a symptom of a problem not addressed with a medication. In the case of a beta-blocker, they are dangerous to drop so their physician would need to assist them. Unless their blood pressure if above 160 (systolic), medication is not necessary.

Ramipril is more benign, but ultimately getting plenty of vitamin D, Omega-3 fatty acid, Magnesium, Vitamin K and a variety of antioxidants will do a lot more good.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 am

CS - I just confirmed this : it was not auto-immune. It was in reaction to a water-pill HCTZ, I apologize for any confusion.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:30 am

CS - Thankx for the feedback. I don't want to give him anything that can interfere with the medicines. I was thinking about : ALC /ALA / Na-RALA / Biotion / Krill Oil / Gymnema sylvestre / potent multivitamin / Aloe Vera (200:1) / Ecklonia Cava. EC can cause blood thinning, is this a concern, I want to be careful with this.

I was thinking about giving him these once before the largest meal and see how he responds, then increase it to twice a day while keeping a close eye on the blood sugar response.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:55 am

Glacier - Those Hydrochlorothiazides have turned out to be brutal. I never liked them, but once thought they were safer than the other antihypertensive poisons but now there's been a lot on them the last couple years. It's amazing that they are so commonly prescribed for diabetics.

What you listed won't interfere with the medications and it's all good stuff, but would seek to have the doctor eliminate them as soon as possible, especially the beta blocker.

Thinner blood is very desirable and for someone with now blood sugar trouble, Ecklonia Cava is ideal. Impaired glucose tolerance is a gateway to antiplasmin, which means that they will have an increased tendency to clot and have thicker blood, which leads to all the circulatory diseases.

Would also recommend Magnesium, Benfotiamine, high-dose Biotin, Vanadyl Sulfate, high-dose vitamin D.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 am

Thankx CS - I will get him started on this and see how it goes. I will report his response to this regimen here so others can benefit.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 am

13.5 is not sugar, are you pointing to his current pancrease enzyme levels (whatever it is called is escaping me at the moment)?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 am

13.5 sounds like a glucose reading if you're from Canada or elsewhere in which they use Mmol/L readings as opposed to Mg/DL in the USA.

Although it is hypothetically possible it could be HbA1c, but that would be extremely high.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 am

This is the lab report. The format of the statistics : [Result] / [Reference Range]

Complete Blood Count :
-) Hemoglobin 159 / 137-180 g/L
-) Hematocrit 0.46 / 0.40-0.54 L/L
-) RBC 5.7 / 4.5-6.0 10E12/L
-) MCV 81 / 82-100 g/L
-) MCHC 343 / 320-360 g/L
-) RDW 13.3 / 11.0-16.0 10E9/L
-) Platelet Count 169 / 150-400 10E9/L
-) WBC 8.7 / 4.0-11.00 10E9/L
-) Neutrophils 5.4 / 2.0-8.0 10E9/L
-) Lymphocytes 2.5 / 0.7-3.5 10E9/L
-) Monocytes 0.6 / 0.0-1.0 10E9/L
-) Eosinophils 0.2 / 0.0-0.7 10E9/L
-) Basophils 0.0 / 0.0-0.2 10E9/L

General Chemistry :

Glucose Fasting : 13.2 / 3.9-6.1 mmol/L
ALT : 22 / 1-60 U/L
Creatinine : 72 / 50-120 umol/L
Estimiated GFR : > 60 mL/min/1.73sq.m
Ferritin : 191 / 30-400 ug/L
GGT : 42 / 11-63 U/L

Lipids and Endocrine :

TSH : 1.89 / 0.20-6.00 mU/L
Free T4 : 14.9 / 8.0-22.0 pmol/L
Hemoglobin A1C : 11.8 / 4.3-6.1 %

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am

Glacier - Pretty steep Glycated hemoglobin. The absence of a C-Peptide on this lab report suggests this pancreas is still producing some insulin, so to clarify is the patient on any kind of insulin right now?

The average doctor is "drunk" on pharmaceutical propaganda and follow medical protocols blindly without question. In the case of blood sugar "medications" it does more harm than good to be on them. In other words, it is better to have high blood sugar than to be on this type of medication. Be leary of any medication to lower blood sugar, because to control glucose in the various ways these drugs do actually destroys the very organs that regulate blood sugar.

To protect against this kind of glycohemoglobin A1c, Carnosine, Stablized R-Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Benfotiamine are very important.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm

CS - he is not on insulin, is there a way to restore the pancreas to full functionality ever? I will get him started on the regimen as quickly as possible.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Glacier - Recovery is possible. Important question, does the person have a history if digestive problems or any gallbladder trouble? Also, any recent operations or use of any other drugs aside from thiazides?

Would be especially careful about wheat/gluten. In fact, it would be wise to eliminate this for at least 30-days to see if there is quick improvement. The reason is wheat/gluten is a very common in pancreas problems.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:04 pm

CS - No operations. He had a angina attack almost 6 years ago when he did no take his blood pressure medicine for 6 months. He does not have any gall-bladder problems and digestive issues.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

CS - I have him on the following for five days :

ALA / Na-Rala / ALC / Biotin / Krill Oil / Gymnema sylvestre / potent multivitamin / EC

He has reported very light green colored urine on the 4th day. Is this something to be concerned about?

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Glacier - Shouldn't be anything to worry about. Is he taking some sort of B-Complex? It would be a good idea to add benfotiamine and Magnesium also if not already. These two nutrients are in short supply for this type of problem.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:15 pm

CS - The multivitamin has B-vitamins in it. Which magnesium product would you recommend? I want to be careful not to overdo magnesium as it may mask any other issue or fake a shortage of something else. He takes metaporol and I am wondering if that would interact with the regimen.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Glacier - None of these supplements have any drug interactions. Metoprolol is a dangerous drug (beta-blocker), would try to get off this when possible with cooperation with the physician.

Those with blood sugar problems need additional magnesium, because much of it is lost. Chelated Magnesium is fine, so is Magnesium Aspartate. Avoid Magnesium oxide unless there are some other forms mixed in.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks CS appreciate the input here.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 pm

CS - After 6 days of the following the regimen (standard doses you recommend on your regimen page), once a day before the largest meal there has been no change in his blood sugar. I am thinking of giving him ALC / ALA / Na-Rala / Biotin on empty stomach during the day in addition to this standard dose as his blood sugar is high anyway so perhaps giving him the stuff on an empty stomach might have more of a effect. Can you please recommend any other potent blood sugar reducer? I am thinking of Aloe Vera (200 : 1) but can't think of anything else.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Glacier - I'm not sure if this ended up on another thread, but did I mention Vanadyl Sulfate? This is the most effective way to get blood sugar levels lower, but a high dose is needed. Have him take one 20 milligrams capsules with each meal.

http://www.iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-Inc-Vanadyl-Sulfate-100-Capsules/11361?at=0
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Thankx CS - I have decided to give him 20mg of Vanadyl Sulfate before breakfast and 40mg before the evening meal. He only takes two meals. I am also going to give him Aloe Vera (200:1) (5000 mg) and Cinammon Extract (600 mg) before each meal along with the rest of the regimen.

He has for a long time complained of pain in legs, arms and hands after lying down to sleep. After 2-3 hours of lying down he is ok and sleeps well. He has no mobility problems and is quite active during the day, this only happens after he lies to down for bed. He gave up smoking 10 months ago after the Pancreatitis attack. What can be the reason for this?

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next