Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it?

3 posters

Go down

Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? Empty Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it?

Post  sanderson Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:01 pm

i recently bought a blood sugar monitor and have been noticing some pretty obvious things going on with "the itch" and my blood sugar level. i'm really not sure what is going on as of yet, but i'm noticing some trends.

for example, if my blood sugar level drops low from eating something that releases insulin, i get an "itch". for example, i ate a potato. my blood sugar rised up to maybe 105 or 110. that is not too bad. i then ate some beef. my blood sugar began to drop on this. i know that beef or protein will release insulin when you eat it, so obviously will drop your blood sugar. i started getting an itch after eating the beef and decided to test the blood sugar, it was around 100. i then drank a small amount of sugar to get it up and brought it back up again to around 110 and the itch went away.

i had another experience as well. i drank milk and noticed my blood sugar went very very high, and when i did this, i got an "itch" as well. it doesn't really match to the low blood sugar, but i imagine maybe it was a similar effect going on? i'm not sure why milk would increase blood sugar a lot and cause an itch. it might be too stressful on the body if the blood glucose level goes too high because it went past 200 i am guessing.

it seems to me, if i keep my blood sugar maintained and not keep it going TOO high, like above 150, but not too low FROM EATING.. I think your blood sugar can hit around 90 if you are not eating, i think if it goes below 100 after eating something that has insulin and it drops below 100, it will cause problems due to your body releasing cortisol.

i think what is happening is that the blood sugar dropping is cauisng your body to release cortisol, then this cortiol drop is somehow causing the "itch". i don't know what the "itch" is yet, but something about it is cortisol/nitric oxide releated or fungal related.

i know also, when my blood sugar spikes really high, i will feel a fungal infection i have burning a bit i have on my body. so i realize now to control the fungal infection, i need to control my blood sugar. i know thyroid is very important for keeping insulin going to where it should.

anyone ever go into blood sugar monitoring? it seems pretty consistent with getting the "itch" or not. i know a lot of people say diabetes is similar to hair loss, but i wonder if it really is just pre diabetes somehow combined with other deficiencies.

it seems blanately obvious a problem could start happening if you exercise a lot and don't have frequent meals. it seems like a balancing act for me right now to keep it maintained in the right range, but i never was trained to eat in this way before.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? Empty Re: Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it?

Post  sanderson Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 pm

My blood sugar went up to 130, I again ate some more beef, within 5 minutes I felt the "itch", and I checked my blood sugar and it is now 115.

Maybe it is not releated directly to blood numbers, but more to, if your blood sugar drops when you eat, from whatever point it was at, cortisol will be released?

Interesting interesting...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it? Empty Re: Blood sugar, insulin, & hair loss -- my findings. anyone else look into it?

Post  sanderson Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:35 pm

I think the cortisol relationship is -> cortsiol begins burning fat for glucose -> fatty acids released into blood stream, including poly unsaturated fatty acids from the diet -> PUFA in the diet leads to PGD2 released into scalp
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  froyd Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:59 am

I used to eat to minimise insulin release on the premise that high insulin causes low shbg which causes high dht (and also inflammation). so maybe that explains the itch when your blood sugar drops.

froyd

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:08 am

I am going to repost below from the perspective theory of using cinnamon oil as a topical to regulate blood sugar, mitochondrial imbalances or fungal effects in the MPB scalp. Also to introduce the idea of using Metformin for even non diabetes effected persons for antiaging and possibly avoiding blood sugar imbalances that could increase hair loss.
  The truth is that I do not know very much about diabetes,  and would be interested in what the educated may have say about my theories.  I can say that cinnamon oil has become my favorite for regrow after trying many other oils.

from this thread

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t12023-mitochondrial-aerobic-respiration-is-activated-during-hair-follicle-stem-cell-differentiation-and-its-dysfunction-retards-hair-regeneration

"
I am going to repost this writing that I posted on the DT-CPR thread as it may assist somebody in the context of this thread. It is partly related to people with diabetes,  but actually I think the benefits of cinnamon are useful for normal people,  and the studies are highlighting how the benefits directly helped diabetics.

I wrote and edited -

Be really careful mixing cinnamon oil and water. If you take a shower or sweat before applying the oil,  it can be 5 alarm hot on your skull. Dilution is recommended to make a topical to treat the scalp

There are many  special attributes of cinnamon.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/12/3215

"The results of this study demonstrate that intake of 1, 3, or 6 g of cinnamon per day reduces serum glucose, triglyceride, LDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol in people with type 2 diabetes and suggest that the inclusion of cinnamon in the diet of people with type 2 diabetes will reduce risk factors associated with diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. "

It helps regulate glucose levels in the blood and reduces triglycerides and total cholesterol.  The glucose makes me think about how another anti-diabetes metformin  does something similar by regulating glucose

http://www.worldhealth.net/news/metformin-may-promote-anti-aging/

"Metformin increases the number of oxygen molecules released into a cell, which appears to boost robustness and longevity. It works by suppressing glucose production in the liver and increasing insulin sensitivity, therefore benefitting patients with type 2 diabetes. "

This recent study that CS posted about cellular oxygenation and how it effects the mitochondria of stem cells to properly regrow hair. The blend of proper mitochondrial processes of glucose processing and oxygenation are the reason that these components are linked to anti aging and cancer prevention.

So applying these ideas, the benefits of cinnamon in this DT-CPR application may have many benefits including possibly removing the sticky plaque ( triglycerides and cholesterol )  that would bind the calcification to the capillaries (assisting in unblocking them). Also proper glucose regulation may improve scalp and mitochondrial conditions of the follicles .

Diabetes is linked to poor circulation problems (to the point of amputation via tissue degradation) ,  perhaps MPB could be a form of local diabetes symptoms where circulation problems are brought on by mitochondrial dysfunction and depleted skin conditions.

I could detail this theory with more documentation links and elaborate more on telomeres  in the mitochondria and the links to aging and dying cells.  For now I will only add that the components of this protocol (DT-CPR) were specifically chosen and few others have done the entire recommend protocol .
"

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:38 pm

cdto2012 wrote:I am going to repost below from the perspective theory of using cinnamon oil as a topical to regulate blood sugar, mitochondrial imbalances or fungal effects in the MPB scalp. Also to introduce the idea of using Metformin for even non diabetes effected persons for antiaging and possibly avoiding blood sugar imbalances that could increase hair loss.
  The truth is that I do not know very much about diabetes,  and would be interested in what the educated may have say about my theories.  I can say that cinnamon oil has become my favorite for regrow after trying many other oils.

from this thread

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t12023-mitochondrial-aerobic-respiration-is-activated-during-hair-follicle-stem-cell-differentiation-and-its-dysfunction-retards-hair-regeneration

"
I am going to repost this writing that I posted on the DT-CPR thread as it may assist somebody in the context of this thread. It is partly related to people with diabetes,  but actually I think the benefits of cinnamon are useful for normal people,  and the studies are highlighting how the benefits directly helped diabetics.

I wrote and edited -

Be really careful mixing cinnamon oil and water. If you take a shower or sweat before applying the oil,  it can be 5 alarm hot on your skull. Dilution is recommended to make a topical to treat the scalp

There are many  special attributes of cinnamon.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/12/3215

"The results of this study demonstrate that intake of 1, 3, or 6 g of cinnamon per day reduces serum glucose, triglyceride, LDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol in people with type 2 diabetes and suggest that the inclusion of cinnamon in the diet of people with type 2 diabetes will reduce risk factors associated with diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. "

It helps regulate glucose levels in the blood and reduces triglycerides and total cholesterol.  The glucose makes me think about how another anti-diabetes metformin  does something similar by regulating glucose

http://www.worldhealth.net/news/metformin-may-promote-anti-aging/

"Metformin increases the number of oxygen molecules released into a cell, which appears to boost robustness and longevity. It works by suppressing glucose production in the liver and increasing insulin sensitivity, therefore benefitting patients with type 2 diabetes. "

This recent study that CS posted about cellular oxygenation and how it effects the mitochondria of stem cells to properly regrow hair. The blend of proper mitochondrial processes of glucose processing and oxygenation are the reason that these components are linked to anti aging and cancer prevention.

So applying these ideas, the benefits of cinnamon in this DT-CPR application may have many benefits including possibly removing the sticky plaque ( triglycerides and cholesterol )  that would bind the calcification to the capillaries (assisting in unblocking them). Also proper glucose regulation may improve scalp and mitochondrial conditions of the follicles .

Diabetes is linked to poor circulation problems (to the point of amputation via tissue degradation) ,  perhaps MPB could be a form of local diabetes symptoms where circulation problems are brought on by mitochondrial dysfunction and depleted skin conditions.

I could detail this theory with more documentation links and elaborate more on telomeres  in the mitochondria and the links to aging and dying cells.  For now I will only add that the components of this protocol (DT-CPR) were specifically chosen and few others have done the entire recommend protocol .
"

I can tell you right now for fact that how your body handles insulin is a direct relation to hair loss. I have been substantially able to control "scalp itch" completely when I've kept my blood sugar below 120 to 150. Once it jumps up past that, I can feel the itch... WHEN I believe I'm mineral deficient.

However, the problem is not insulin. Because if insulin was the problem, then everyone would be bald by the time they were 10. No, the problem I believe is more likely to be hypothyroidism because of it's effects on magnesium, calcium, zinc, and probably a few other things. I don't think insulin is being handled correctly because cortisol is going up adn then the negative feedback is happening.

If you let your blood sugar drop, your cortisol is going to kick in. Cortisol is a stress hormone and it's true purpose, whcih I don't think most people look at, is to maintain your blood sugar levels. It is going to effectively burn fat for energy when it kicks on. As nice as that is, unfortunately cortisol has some negative effects like interfering with thyroid function. So when your thyroid function stops working as well, it's goign to make magnesium and calcium start to leave the cell instead of stay where it should. When that happens, your prolactin goes up. we all know prolactin is high in people with baldness.

What worries me most is magnesium leaving when cortisol goes up.. magnesium handles cortisol and regulates it.. I think you can start going down a slippery slope towards baldness I think because magnesium is not there. And your thyroid sucks so how can you retain the magnesium? You can't because you are hypothyroid... so you are hypothyroid... your cortisol is high... your cortisol is high because you have no magnesium to regulate it and your blood sugar is low... it's like each thing getting worse is making the other stuff worse............................
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks for the elaboration Sanderson. It does seem like the thyroid health is a big part of the puzzle.

I recently met a young lady with a thyroid disorder. Her hair was falling out and her eyes were bulging some.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down