Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic?

4 posters

Go down

CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? Empty CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic?

Post  RPM Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi CS & all,

Are any of the IH supplements possibly goitrogenic? I'm mostly thinking of the sulforaphane in Antioxidant Boost, & MSM in the doses that are usually recommended here. Is sulphur generally good for a compromised Thyroid?

Looks like I've probably been hypothyroid for a lot of years & I'm trying to tease out what may be causing it. Seems the more proactive I become health wise with diet, supps, exercise, etc. the less healthy I'm getting! Curious if anyone knows if any of the IH recommendations might be contraindicated for hypothyroid types.

Thanks.
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? Empty Re: CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:39 pm

This was once a topic discussed heavily in the past. The short answer is no, however if you add just a "pinch" of iodine, any risk of that will go to zero.

That said, it might something else---MTHFr, CBS mutation or something else.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic? Empty Re: CS: Are Any IH Supplements Potentially Goitrogenic?

Post  RPM Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks for the response CS. I'll have to delve into the archives as well as read up on MTHFr & CBS mutations.
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudiger Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:29 am

I've often wondered why so many pro-hair foods could potentially cause problems for thyroid. Quercetin, broccoli, even green tea could all interfere with thyroid function but that itself requires blood work to properly adjust.

I think access to iodine is rather limited in most traditional diets, but I could be wrong.

Might there be another way of dealing with thyroid function, could there be something else that regulates the thyroid, instead of meticulously adjusting your iodine supplementation levels?

Rudiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:28 pm

It really depends dude, nutrition is so poorly understood, add to the fact that rarely are foods and supplements are tested on how they work together synergistically. Use your intuition and logic and be reasonable. A lot of these studies cited have flaws from no control groups, animals, testing for only one compound (for example curcumin in Turmeric) when it has dozens of other compounds not tested for. Listen to your body, keep a journal....people are just trying to cash in...reversing hair loss will be one of the toughest disciplines you might even face. Don't try and be too perfect and beat yourself up if you slip up and have junk food either just keep the momentum going.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

The west coast is heavily saturated in radiation, so iodine is pretty much essential now days. Any concerns over goitrogenicity requires a very significant iodine deficiency to have a chance to occur. In short, try to get some iodine in, even if it's from iodized salt (not enough for optimal health though).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down