Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen?

2 posters

Go down

What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? Empty What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen?

Post  Changexpert Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:03 am

My progesterone level is on the low end of reference range. On the other hand, my liver is very inefficient at clearing estrogen unless I take aromatase inhibitor (no safe way to do this if you are salicylate sensitive). As a result, my estrogen level is elevated because of genetic reason (slow liver in general, can barely drink caffeine, typical Asian flush).

I am not sure why my progesterone level is so low while my cortisol level is still within the range. I have never gotten a 24h cortisol test, so I do not know the whole picture, but my morning cortisol is fine. I supplemented flush version niacin and pantethine (coenzymated B5), which have reduced my LDL level quite a bit. My latest LDL was pretty low at 55 mg/dL (UL 130 mg/dL), so it makes sense to think that my body just does not have enough cholesterol to make useful hormones. I even tried pregnenolone, not sublingual, regular tablet form, but that caused irritability, itchiness in both scalp and skin, and actually more shedding. In addition, my DHEA level was a little below the middle of reference range, when all this happened.

To me, it seems like my body is in constant "recovery state" where pregnenolone is used to make more cortisol than anything else like DHEA. Even if pregnenolone does get converted to progesterone, progesterone is derived to cortisol mostly instead of being derived to aldosterone (which I never had blood test for) or staying as progesterone. Also, my T seems like it's getting used up quite fast, a double whammy situation.

I am not sure what is causing this vicious cycle. I have not done any hormone blood work lately after practicing nofap (99 days actually woohoo), but given my low energy level, I can definitely tell hormone balance is still off. Would progesterone cream be helpful? My DHT level is a little below the middle of the reference range, so DHT is not an issue for me at the moment.

Source: http://www.drlam.com/pictures/adrenal_pathway.gif
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen? Empty Re: What can potentially cause low progesterone and continual production of estrogen?

Post  Delphine Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 am

Jon Barron recommends progesterone cream for men and women both. I am not using it myself as I seem to be doing well on bovine colostrum
which helps balance hormones, among other benefits.
http://jonbarron.org/anti-aging/barron-report-remedies-hormonal-changes-1#.VeIkWM6Kxz8
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down