Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Anyone still on IH's regimen? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone still on IH's regimen?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone still on IH's regimen? Empty Anyone still on IH's regimen?

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 am

I used to do IH's regimen.. then dropped all except for curcumin, resveratrol, quercitin and ashwaghanda. Still I was looking hair. I dropped them all now. I found out that resvertrol is estrogenic which increases prolactin and cortisol, both of which are bad for hair. Recently I saw that curcumin is serotoneric... basically it increases serotonin which is bad for hair. So now I no longer take curcumin or resveratrol.

Anyone here still taken them? results?

Anyone else drop the regimen in favor of something else?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Anyone still on IH's regimen? Empty Re: Anyone still on IH's regimen?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:34 pm

helpmyhair1 wrote:I used to do IH's regimen.. then dropped all except for curcumin, resveratrol, quercitin and ashwaghanda. Still I was looking hair. I dropped them all now. I found out that resvertrol is estrogenic which increases prolactin and cortisol, both of which are bad for hair. Recently I saw that curcumin is serotoneric... basically it increases serotonin which is bad for hair. So now I no longer take curcumin or resveratrol.

resvertrol is estrogenic? This is inaccurate. Resveratrol has an anti-aromatase effect.

curcumin is serotonergic? It's not a selective agonist (that is drug speak), curcumin helps boost levels of both neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine.

The "IH" regimen is a base and whatever the individual needs beyond that is going to take some research. Minerals are an important consideration.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu May 04, 2017 11:02 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I used to do IH's regimen.. then dropped all except for curcumin, resveratrol, quercitin and ashwaghanda. Still I was looking hair. I dropped them all now. I found out that resvertrol is estrogenic which increases prolactin and cortisol, both of which are bad for hair. Recently I saw that curcumin is serotoneric... basically it increases serotonin which is bad for hair. So now I no longer take curcumin or resveratrol.

... Please explain how serotonin is bad for hair?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sun May 07, 2017 7:43 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:

... Please explain how serotonin is bad for hair?

Taken from Danny Roddy's http://www.dannyroddy.com/weblog/characterarmorpatternbaldness

In the complex biochemical web of signaling substances, there is a strong chemical romance between cortisol and serotonin. Serotonin increases cortisol in a dose dependent manner through the pituitary,[9] and acts indirectly on the adrenal glands by promoting the formation of estrogen,[10] prolactin,[11] and the prostaglandins.[12] Estrogen,[13] prolactin[14] and the prostaglandins[15] appear to be involved in baldness. Serotonin also increases the "salt retaining" hormone, aldosterone,[16] which is also associated with pattern hair loss.[17]

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Curcumin does not act as a selective serotonin agonist (it also produces dopamine). This board is really anti-pharmaceutical (and actually on a different board that predates this, Danny Roddy suggested I create a naturally oriented board)..that's exactly what this is.

If one looks through a lens of an avid Peat scholar, you're going to easily miss important information, and also potentially make too much out of factor that may have no real relevance. Since I work with real people with real problems, I have found serious flaws in some of Ray's idea...perhaps not even his idea specifically, but how some of them are interpreted.

All too often, interpreted work becomes conflated, which can create an absolute falsehood.

Thousands of people do not respond absolutely to the same set of foods, substances, etc and we should take a critical eye to anything we try and evaluate.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Liberator Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 am

Yes. Been on it for nearly 10 years and my penis is still that of an 18 year old (I am 44). Hair looks good, but as I always say I got a hair transplant and use IH regimen with minox so it's hard to say exactly what the IH regimen does.

In any case, I've been on it nearly 10 years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down