Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source?

3 posters

Go down

D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? Empty D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source?

Post  magic_gro Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:41 am

I came to the conclusion that most purported tinnitus cures are just scams. But in recent years they have started trialling D-methionine as a way to prevent hearing loss and in particular as an alternative to ear plugs.

Since my tinnitus gets worse every time I am exposed to loud noises and gets better every time I wear earplugs for an extended period of time, it makes me wonder if D-methionine wouldn't help.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a readily available source of D-methionine. Just L-methionine or DL-methionine (i.e. a mixture consisting of 50% D- and 50% L-).

What seems the most curious is that D-methionine is supposed to be the inactive form of methionine whereas L-methionine is supposed to be the active form. Very similar to L-calcium-folinate and D-calcium-folinate. Why would D-methionine help against hearing loss whereas L-methionine would not? Maybe the inactive form displaces the active form?

Is anyone else here affected by tinnitus? I think I read somewhere that 10% of men have it...

Any idea where we can try and source D-methionine?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? Empty Re: D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source?

Post  Columbo Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 pm

My tinnitus gets better or worse dependent on sleep / stress levels.

If I get plenty of sleep and proper look after myself I barely hear it.

It pretty handy, if slightly annoying, feedback system.

Never found anything to diminish it, though think Mag may help a little (maybe through stress reduction?)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source? Empty Re: D-methionine for tinnitus? Where to source?

Post  magic_gro Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:21 am

Any idea where I could find D-methionine?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:37 am

I think that anything otoprotective helps. When I manage to limit further injuries, my tinnitus improves. But then episodes of high noise or caffeine intake make it worse again.

http://www.audiologyonline.com/audiology-ceus/course/otoprotective-agents-for-noise-and-17820

http://leader.pubs.asha.org/article.aspx?articleid=2289643

https://www.cirm.ca.gov/our-progress/awards/hearing-loss-dish-model-otoprotective-and-otoregenerative-drug-development

https://www.uwo.ca/fhs/csd/ebp/reviews/2006-07/Neukom.pdf
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:25 am

I have it in my right ear for 3 years, its has stayed at the same consistent sound, never went to the doctor but I have no notable hearing loss in my right ear. As I have read and understand, not all tinnitus causing hearing loss or has a direct cause.

I'm subscribed to a youtube channel about Tinnitus and other therapies you might have or not have heard of, never tried any of them sometimes I don't even notice my tinnitus and it seems to disappear from my ear

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:27 am

This is the channel, there are more videos and theories and alternatives

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down