Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Least harmfull Protein Powder EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Least harmfull Protein Powder

5 posters

Go down

Least harmfull Protein Powder Empty Least harmfull Protein Powder

Post  dq139 Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:43 am

I hear that most protein powders (Whey and Vegan) are rancid and actually promote hair loss. Could Egg protein be the most exceptable? Im just confused because I do bodybuilding and play sports so I need the extra protein in my diet.
What do you guys recommend?
P.S: Soy is out of the question though obviously.

dq139

Back to top Go down

Least harmfull Protein Powder Empty Re: Least harmfull Protein Powder

Post  Biffy Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:28 am

This high quality cold processed pasture fed Whey Concentrate could actually help your hair, by boosting glutathione. If you can afford it go for it.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:28 am

I quite like the Sun Warrior Vegan protein. Seems to have a pretty balanced aminos profile.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  dq139 Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Columbo wrote:I quite like the Sun Warrior Vegan protein. Seems to have a pretty balanced aminos profile.

I used to take that too. but aparently they say on this site that most whey and vegan proteins are rancid and contain phytic acid like in Peas and what not.

Its a shame to say the least Sad, cause now another thing I have to worrie about in my life if picking out a muscle building protein that wont make my hair fall out

dq139

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:42 pm

dq139 wrote:
Columbo wrote:I quite like the Sun Warrior Vegan protein. Seems to have a pretty balanced aminos profile.

I used to take that too. but aparently they say on this site that most whey and vegan proteins are rancid and contain phytic acid like in Peas and what not.

Its a shame to say the least Sad, cause now another thing I have to worrie about in my life if picking out a muscle building protein that wont make my hair fall out

sun warrior is sprouted and fermented as far as I'm aware, which should drastically reduce anti-nutrients?

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  dq139 Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:18 am

So what do you guys think would be a better hair friendly option...Sun warrior protein or Dr Mercola's Whey protein?

dq139

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am

I would definitely vote for Whey, I don't see how Cold-Pressed pasture fed Whey could hurt your hair, quite the opposite you could benefit from it, the benefits far overweigh the possible bad stuff - protein is essential for hair growth. Also I think Vegan proteins are a joke - they can't compete with Whey as far as effectiveness.

"The possible lower anabolic properties of plant-based protein sources may be attributed to the lower digestibility of plant-based sources, in addition to greater splanchnic extraction and subsequent urea synthesis of plant protein-derived amino acids compared with animal-based proteins. Furthermore, most plant proteins have a relatively low leucine content, which may further reduce their anabolic properties when compared with animal proteins."

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Don't bother with all these powders. Go to your grocery store and get yourself some greek yogurt. Check out the macronutrient profile on that stuff. It's almost as protein-dense as the powers except you get all those healthy probiotics and you know its not rancid either. I'm extremely lactose intolerant and it I don't even notice that its dairy because the cultures digest all the lactose. Almost everyone is a little lactose intolerant so with whey protein you may end up with gas or bloating afterwards. My meal replacement shake right now goes like this:

Ice
One banana
Almond Milk
One packet of oatmeal. I like the flavored even though it has some extra sugar
Raw Unfiltered honey
1 scoop of coconut oil
1-2 scoops of unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 Scoops of Almond Butter

Hope this helps. I'm into lifting too so having something calorically dense I can just drink helps make me reach my caloric needs which tend to be very high given I train intense full body 3-4 times a week.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:59 pm

I was eating fresh whey for a while. I am sure that is better than heat dehydrating or other processing. First of all it made my body smell like a smelly animal.  Secondly it is 70% lactose .
 I am not immediately allergic to  dairy and can eat a lot of it in a month. What I finally figured out is that there is mucic acid accumulates in the lymph system. It slowly accumulates and can take months to get rid of.  I actually had a runny nose for 4 months after eating cheese for 3 months. Now that I do vitamin C and juice lymph cleanses, I am quite sure this was the correct understanding.  I have cut way down on dairy also. I almost never get sick since then.

You can really monitor your health watching if your tongue  is a healthy pink and your eyes are a proper white. It can take months to return to the proper purified health level.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down