Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is Saw Palmetto bad for me?

2 posters

Go down

Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? Empty Is Saw Palmetto bad for me?

Post  kim889 Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 am

Hello everyone,

I don't really know if I'm balding or no, I may have some slightly thinning hairs on top.

I started Saw Palmetto extract supplements but here are my questions:

1) Reading on internet, I found that it increase the testosterone level, could this accelerate a mpb?

2) Saw plametto is known to be rich in fatty acid. From what I know, fatty acid lead to bad cholesterol which lead to hair loss. With the ammount of fatty acids/sterols in Saw palmetto could this increase my LDL cholesterol?

Thank you in advance Smile

Last edited by kim889 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

kim889

Back to top Go down

Is Saw Palmetto bad for me? Empty Re: Is Saw Palmetto bad for me?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:50 am

it's good for no one

Saw palmetto, an over-the-counter herbal therapy used by more than 2 million men to support prostate health, may be no more effective than a placebo, according to a study published in this week's issue of The New England Journal of Medicine.

The study followed 225 men who had prostate challenges. Half of the men were given saw palmetto twice a day, and half were given a placebo.

At the end of one year, the men taking saw palmetto showed no significant improvement compared to the placebo group.

The findings were welcomed by some doctors who said they felt all along that saw palmetto didn't work. Dr. Jacques Carter, at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, said he has observed in his own clinical practice that saw palmetto is virtually ineffective. "In nearly every instance, my patients reported little if any improvement of the symptoms on this supplement," Carter said.

And Dr. Carl Reese, at Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, hopes the new finding can convince patients to stop wasting money on saw palmetto. "Millions of dollars are spent each year by men on this product and it may not be of any benefit," said Reese. "This article will help the argument that they are wasting their money."
Saw Palmetto may actually be Harmful to your Prostate

Three recent scientific studies, surprisingly indicated that saw palmetto may actually harm your prostate health! These studies, which were investigating the effect of saw palmetto on prostate tissue all came to the same conclusion: Saw palmetto has an effect similar to chemotherapy on prostate cells - it kills both unhealthy and healthy cells!

One study published in Prostate examined the effect of saw palmetto on stroma cells (the framework cells that build supportive tissue) and on epithelial cells (those which line the glands and ducts of the prostate). The study was done on normal prostate tissue and on BPH tissues from patients treated with and without the saw palmetto. The conclusion was that saw palmetto damages the nuclear and mitochondrial membranes, and causes cellular death in the epithelium and stroma.

Another study published in the Journal of Urology investigated the effects of saw palmetto on primary cultures of fibroblasts (cells that produce connective tissue), and epithelial cells from the prostate, epididymis (the tube that provides for the storage, transmission and maturation of sperm), testes, kidney, skin and breast to determine if the action of saw palmetto is selective and specific to prostate tissue. This study concluded that saw palmetto caused damage and death in prostate tissue, though there were no similar changes observed in other types of cells.

A third study published in Prostate examined the effect of saw palmetto on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Again, the results showed there was widespread damage of intracellular membranes, including mitochondrial and nuclear membranes in both healthy and overgrown prostate tissue.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  kim889 Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 pm

This is scary...

The fact that Saw Palmetto increase the testosterone, can this also increase a hair loss ?

kim889

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down