Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Saw palmetto? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Saw palmetto? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Saw palmetto? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Saw palmetto? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Saw palmetto? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Saw palmetto? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Saw palmetto? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Saw palmetto? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Saw palmetto? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Saw palmetto?

3 posters

Go down

Saw palmetto? Empty Saw palmetto?

Post  Freshman Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:12 am

Hello, I'm new here...

Anyway, my hairstylist asked me about possible hairloss at crown... I honestly throgh that something like that can't happen to me... the same day I went to another hairstylist for his opinion as he said that I shouln't worry. Month later I went to dermatologist who said that I don't have androgenic alopecia and also that I should not worry about it...

Now that I've heard his opinion, did I calm down? No... it became huge opsession with hair...

I can tell that I noticed years ago that my hair IS lighter for some reason there at crown... same as the fact that my hair grows weird so I didn't pay any attention since then.

Also, I went to blood test, and found out that I probably had anemia for a long long time (probably cca haft of the year sinec because bad diets I practiced)...

I would like to know what's your opinion about saw palmetto extract... as I mostly read on other forums like it's something terrible and useless...

Btw, is it just my conclusion that only ones with little or no success with treatmens actualy stay on hair related forums?

Freshman

Back to top Go down

Saw palmetto? Empty Re: Saw palmetto?

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:21 am

Saw Palmetto is only going to deal with the DHT aspect of hairloss, by acting on 5AR, and it will only do this marginally.

Hairloss is complex and there are many contributing factors, especially given that you don't seem to exhibit the normal MPB pattern. There could be gut issues, thyroid problems, and heavy metals. And once you get deep enough, you'll find that they all tend to be related.

I get wary about trying to mess with DHT, as many will experience side effects. I would go to www.immortalhair.org CS has put together one hell of an information page on all of the craziness of hairloss and has solutions that will probably be more effective than saw palmetto. In addition to this I would check out posts by Little Fighter and Rdkml, as they tend to address the microbial reasons behind hairloss.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Saw palmetto? Empty Saw Palmetto

Post  tintom Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

According to my research it works better topically as a DHT blocker for the scalp

tintom

Back to top Go down

Saw palmetto? Empty Re: Saw palmetto?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down