Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Buyer Beware: Concealer Related EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Buyer Beware: Concealer Related

Go down

Buyer Beware: Concealer Related Empty Buyer Beware: Concealer Related

Post  SonofOdin Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:05 pm

As some of you may have heard I did manage to regrow a substantial amount of hair with a pharmaceutical + natural combo. However, during this phase I relied on toppik to hide the loss until I could go without it. I was actually set to get a HT but when I met with the doctor, my hair had changed in such a positive way that despite saying I had severe loss in my photos, he now said he actually refuses to give a HT until I lose more hair.

I was very happy but, then the hair greed set in. I kept using toppik even when I didn't need it but it was getting pricy so I found a very cheap supplier on ebay. The can looked legit, though the band that covered it saying Medium Blonde seemed to be of bolder color than my other containers. The powder did not seem to 'stick' to my hair like the others, and had a slight sparkly texture like it was almost blonde glitter. I noticed my hair thinning some but I chalked it up to the fact I'd been under a lot of stress after being in a car accident, my diet falling apart, quitting DT, and stress in school.

But, I remained on finasteride taking it religiously and while I do believe naturals work, to receive thinning like this that fast had me searching the internet for other reports. I stumbled across a few hair websites talking about fake toppik products and how they're actually harming people's hair. It's sick to think about but, what if its actually intentional to force people to keep buying their fake product? Anyway as people suggested I do, I searched for the lot number, which I found printed on all of my other cans on the bottom and none existed for this one.

I'm tossing it out, and I'm going to do a revamp of my lifestyle and go back to strict regrowth mode to recover this ground lost. I'm just posting this because I know of a few others who are using concealers while they work on getting to the root of their hair loss issues. The cheap price tag is not worth it, and just because you spent money on the product doesn't mean you keep using it to 'get your moneys worth'. In my opinion, stick to high quality products like Toppik from a reputable source and forget all the others if you feel the necessity to use concealers.

I was in denial for too long, and I should have made the connection that my dodgy toppik was likely the cause of my scalp feeling more inflamed.

Ex. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/91937-Fake-Toppik One of many threads discussing this issue.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down