Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem?

2 posters

Go down

Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? Empty Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem?

Post  dq139 Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 am

hey guys!

I was reading a study that said that green tea inhibits 5AR type 1 and not type 2.

I have heard alot of different things about Green Tea. Some say its not a masculine drink and shouldnt be consumed by young men because it lowers DHT kind of like Black tea, then I hear its good for men to drink because it raises serum DHT by 194% and it has anti inflammatory effects to fight hairloss. needless to say Im confused

So to my understanding 5AR type 1 is the type of DHT that causes hair loss and 5AR 2 is your Serum DHT
which is flowing throughout your body causing you genitals to be healthy and your body hair to be strong? Correct me if Im wrong please, cause Im having a hard time understanding this.

Now ultimately I would just like to know if Green tea is good to drink for a still maturing man (im 24 & still dont have much body hair and look kind of like a teen still), at the same time helping the fight against hairloss?

because if its good for hair and masculinity I will apply a Green tea topical to my scalp a few time per week and drink 3 cups of it per day as a experiment.

thanks for the help!

dq139

Back to top Go down

Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? Empty Re: Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:53 am

Neither ?

Generally, the forum does not go along with the DHT theory.

generally we go along the pgd2 path,
no fap,
improving mitochondria in the scalp,
avoiding gluten
etc

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem? Empty Re: Is 5 alpha reductase type 1 or type 2 the problem?

Post  dq139 Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks for the reply,

so what are a few things you recommend for PGD2 inhibition and increasing mitochondria in the scalp?

Id like to get as much info as possible to takle this hairloss problem without lowering and even increasing my DHT. But I have seen others on this site talk about DHT so I figured it has to play some role.

dq139

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down