Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyYesterday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase

+3
Team Catfish
Misirlou
misterE
7 posters

Go down

Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase Empty Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase

Post  Guest Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 am

5α-Reductase Inhibitory Effect of Triterpenoids Isolated from Ganoderma lucidum

5α-Reductase inhibitory activity-guided fractionation of the EtOH extract of the fruiting body of Ganoderma lucidum (LEYSS.:FR.) KARST. (Ganodermataceae), which is called Reishi, or Mannentake in Japan and Lingzhi in China, led to the isolation of two active compounds which were ganoderic acid DM and 5α-lanosta-7,9(11),24-triene-15α,26-dihydroxy-3-one with an IC50 of 10.6 μM and 41.9 μM respectively. A carboxyl group of side chain of ganoderic acid DM is essential to elicit the inhibitory activity because of much less activity of its methyl ester.

1) Department of Forest and Forest Products Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University
2) Kurume Research Park Co. Ltd.

http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/29/2/29_392/_article

Look at Dr. Rassman talked about it:

The original finasteride was identified in the Amazon rainforest as the natives ate tubers that had DHT-blocking abilities. In the naked native people it was clearly seen that the children did not develop their external genitalia (their penis) until they were close to puberty, there was something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase Empty Re: Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase

Post  misterE Mon May 31, 2010 3:49 am

Another good reason to include Reishi Mushrooms in your diet!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase Empty Re: Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase

Post  Misirlou Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 am

Cs, what do you think, should this be included in for it's 5AR inhibiting effects?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Team Catfish Mon May 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Im extremely interested to know if this could be included in the regimen too?

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Misirlou - A few years ago I took Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi Mushroom) for a long stretch (about 1 1/2 years). At that time, I was also taking other things, which were all taken with the idea of combating DHT and improving blood sugar.

In my experience, it was not remarkable beyond the other items, but nevertheless Reishi contains polysaccharides, germanium, triterpenes and other nutrients. At the moment, I'm particularly fond of super tremella (Tremella fuciformis), which is a mushroom that also improves blood sugar, contains polysaccharides and in its case, is much more powerful than hyaluronic acid for "youth-ing" the skin.

I've also tried many other mushrooms and their respective combinations. There's a lot of good research on Maitake (Grifola frondosa), which happens to be in the product Super Tremella, along with Tremella fuciformis. Maitake is excellent for improving blood glucose levels.

It's hard to go wrong using Reishi or other medicinal mushrooms. However, if you're already on a few other things, it's not likely to foster any noticeable improvement.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon May 31, 2010 1:58 pm

CS, what about taking HA along with Tremella? Would that give more benefit or just waste money? The reason I ask is that I use HA mainly for skin but it also helps my lower back, but if Tremella's that much better maybe I'll switch over.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 31, 2010 2:04 pm

sdguy - Unfortunately, Tremella is just good for the bone and skin, but not so much the joint fluid like HA. I'm doing a bit of alternating with taking one and then taking both to test for the differences.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks CS, looking forward to your conclusion.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Hello,
I'm interresting by reishi mushroom but i wanna know if the DHT inhibition is soft or much strong because since i was take finasteride , i can't take DHT inhibitors anymore because of the side effects wich can come back even with a little of pygeum or nettle root... Thanks Smile

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:48 am

Hello,
I'm interresting by reishi mushroom but i wanna know if the DHT inhibition is soft or much strong because since i was take finasteride , i can't take DHT inhibitors anymore because of the side effects wich can come back even with a little of pygeum or nettle root... Thanks

sky-walker, you might want to stay away from any anti-dhts, this effect that you mentioned I believe is similar to insulin resistance, in the way that after a certain time, the anti-dht effect causes these sides. I think you can only get a few years from the anti-dhts, and then an extreme sensitivity is present in those that are susceptible. Then you have to eliminate anything anti-dht or pro-estro like you would on a diet improving insulin resistance.

Also, I notice this effect with any thing pro-estro as well, after a certain age. It's a yo-yo effect where you get on an anti-dht or pro-estro, and then have to boost T which can speed up hair loss after this trial and error period even more than if you had not started at all.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 am

Thanks so much whip,

yes i really care about what i take now. I avoid DHT inhibitors AND phytoestrogens like flaxseed or soy isoflavones which gave me the same sides as DHT inhibitors. I feel good , in good shape and mood but i know if i make even a small mistake , things can make weeks or months to repair.

Do you know if i can take ginseng safety. I saw it contains phytoestrogen too so...

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 am

Gingseng, probably has more of an estro effect if you're sensitive to it. Also, since it opens blood vessels, there are better things out there for that, and I used to take niacin, but I noticed a thinning effect later. Since Niacin is a vaso-dialator only, I concluded that it used to be good until my dht got too high or that too much blood flow to the scalp was now bad for some reason, and that certain vaso-dialators might be a bad thing, arg, ginseng, etc.

You would think anything that helps the small capillaries in terms of hair loss would be great, but I don't think there's a benefit there. Again, if the theory that more T is better and we all have too much estro, then it would make sense in theory that we should avoid all things phyto/estro.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:10 am

Whip wrote:Gingseng, probably has more of an estro effect if you're sensitive to it. Also, since it opens blood vessels, there are better things out there for that, and I used to take niacin, but I noticed a thinning effect later. Since Niacin is a vaso-dialator only, I concluded that it used to be good until my dht got too high or that too much blood flow to the scalp was now bad for some reason, and that certain vaso-dialators might be a bad thing, arg, ginseng, etc.

You would think anything that helps the small capillaries in terms of hair loss would be great, but I don't think there's a benefit there. Again, if the theory that more T is better and we all have too much estro, then it would make sense in theory that we should avoid all things phyto/estro.

I'm pretty confuse about ginseng because it use to give energy, vitality, good erections and libido and good mood whereas estrogen in men make just the opposite...
But i think i'll don't take a risk, thanks whip Wink

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down