Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase

+2
a
FATE
6 posters

Go down

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  Empty Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase

Post  FATE Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:17 am

Randomly came across Revi**gen and had a look at the ingredients...

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase was the main thing I wanted to bring up...
Has anybody knowledge on this combination above?

Also here are the ingredients...

Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), Linoleic and Oleic Acid,
They claim...

These are the most powerful inhibitors of 5-Alpha Reductase known today and not only they inhibit the Type II form of the 5-Alpha Reductase which other products like Propecia® inhibit, but also the Type I form of the enzyme which is present in high concentrations in the scalp, sebaceous glands, and the skin. Additionally GLA, ALA and Oleic acid have potent anti-inflammatory properties.

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc,
They claim...

There is strong scientific evidence that Azelaic Acid and Zinc are potent inhibitors of 5-Alpha-Reductase. When Azelaic acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc Sulfate where added together at very low concentrations, 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase activity was obtained.

Saw Palmetto Extract,
They say...

Saw Palmetto has shown to effectively block DHT and is also believed to block the androgen receptors which are found on the hair follicles.

Procyanidin Oligomers (also known as Proanthocyanidin),
They say...

naturally derived ingredients that have shown to stimulate hair growth similarly to Minoxidil (Rogaine®). Recent studies by Japanese scientists have shown that Procyanidin Oligomers possess growth stimulation activity toward hair epithelial cells in vitro and stimulate anagen induction in hair follicles in vivo.

By combining GLA, ALA, Linoleic Acid, Azelaic acid, Vitamin B6, Zinc Sulfate and Saw Palmetto extract, creates an extremely powerful anti-DHT formula. By decreasing the DHT levels, hair follicles can grow and thicken naturally

FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  Empty Re: Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase

Post  FATE Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 am

The effects of zinc sulphate and azelaic acid on 5a-reductase activity in human skin were studied
using an in vitro assay with i,2[^H]-testosterone as substrate. When added at concentrations of
3 or 9 mmol/lj zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5a-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc
could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5areductase;
inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0-2 mmol/1 and was complete at
3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the
inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are
involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had
been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5a-reductase activity was obtained. If this
inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective
agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin.

Effect of zinc and azelaic acid on jcc-reductase activity
The effects of increasing concentrations of zinc sulphate (1-5 to 15 mmol/1) and azelaic acid (o-i
to 3 mmol/1) on 5a-reductase activity were studied separately and the results are shown in Figure
I. In both cases, there was a dose-dependent inhibition ofthe enzyme activity; 98% inhibition
was observed with 15 mmol/1 ZnS04 and with 3 mmol/1 azelaic acid. When the two compounds
were added together to the incubation medium at concentrations expected to give 50-60%
inhibition (3 mmol/1 and 05 mmol/1, respectively), 95% inhibition was observed (data not
shown).

Effect of vitamin B6 on zinc and azelaic acid inhibition of ^(x-reductase activity
The addition of vitamin B6 (o 025%) to zinc sulphate (15 or 3 mmol/1) resulted in a two-fold
increase in the inhibition ofthe enzyme activity (Fig. 2a). In contrast, vitamin B6 had no effect
on 5a-reductase activity when added alone or together with azelaic acid (Fig. 2b). These results
suggest that zinc and azelaic acid might inhibit 5a-reductase activity through two different
mechanisms.

Effect of simultaneous addition of zinc, azelaic and vitamin B6 at low concentrations
The additive effect of the three compounds was studied in order to determine minimal
concentrations which would effectively inhibit 5a-reductase activity. From the present results,
the concentrations used (0025% vitamin B6, 05 mmol/1 ZnSO4 and 01 mmol/1 azelaic acid)
were expected to have a minimal effect, or no effect at all, on the enzyme activity. Vitamin B6
o 025% and azelaic acid at o-1 mmol/1 had no effect on the enzyme activity while ZnSO4 at 05
mmol/1 gave less than 30% inhibition (Fig. 3). In contrast, when all three compounds were
added together at these concentrations, 90% inhibition of 5a-reductase activity is observed.

http://www.folikul.com/%C3%87inko%20ve%20azeliak%20asit.pdf

I am going to prepare a topical and see how it goes...
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase  Empty Re: Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6 and Zinc - low dose = 90% inhibition of 5 Alpha-Reductase

Post  a<r Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 am

I don't know why we all aren't preparing liposomal preperations of all of these things. I will be working on this more in the future.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Arent these the ingredients in Zix?

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Seems great in theory...but isn't revivogen generally considered a scam product?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:18 pm

I have found some success stroies of revivogen (but you never know if they were false or not)
But the study I posted shows nearly compleate success at inhibiting DHT...
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 pm

I finally aquired the 3 products I needed, blended 50mg B6, about 50mg zinc and about 50mg azelaic acid...
Tryed it once in the middle of the day, then left it on my scalp over night and woke up with red spots all over my shoulders, arms and top of my back that I remember getting in puberty (14 to 16), anyone know what this could be...?
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 am

Whatever it is, at least you know it's doing something! Sounds like some kind of hormonal shift, so I would assume it's getting right into your bloodstream. I'm not sure what the sex hormone pic is like in puberty, but it seems that androgens as well as estrogen skyrocket at that time, hence the acne and increased rate of gyno(estrogen and prolactin). Your preperation could in fact be TOO strong and is causing estrogen to increase. Or I suppose it could be doing something totally different than what it's supposed to in regard to hormones. The only other things I can think of is it's somehow stirring up toxins or you're having an allergic reaction.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 am

Interesting. I'm using a seabuckthorn (mixed in other oils) after bath massage oil these days. And I'm seeing red bumps in places. Unusual.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down