Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Interesting Lab Results EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Interesting Lab Results EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Interesting Lab Results EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Interesting Lab Results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Interesting Lab Results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Interesting Lab Results EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Interesting Lab Results EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Interesting Lab Results EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Interesting Lab Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interesting Lab Results

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Lab Results Empty Interesting Lab Results

Post  Changexpert Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:59 am

Blood test results from two weeks ago finally came back and it is quite interesting. Keep in mind that this test was performed BEFORE I started lactoferrin, biotin, and vitamin D lotion.

Sexual Hormone
Total T - 396.7 ng/dL (lowered by 70 points from April, range 28 - 800)
Estrogen 176 pg/mL (increased by 38 points from April, range for male is 40 - 115)
Free testosterone 1.2% (1.6 - 2.9%)
DHT 38 ng/dL (range 25 - 75)
SHBG 66 nmol/L (range 18 - 114)
Prostate antigen, free PSA are all negative

Liver Related
Globuilin 2.1 gm/dL (a little low, not sure what it means, range 2.2 - 4.2)
Bilirubin 1.1 mg/dL (yes, 0.8 point than a month ago, range 0.1 - 1.39)

Iron Related
Iron binding capacity 131 mcg/dL (on the low side, my body does not want iron as expected, 112 - 400)
Transferrin 188 mg/dL (low, my body does not want iron 200 - 400)
Ferritin from a month ago - 421 ng/dL (too much iron storage, max range is 400)

Blood Related
WBC 3100 uL (still low, probably from iron overload 3800 - 10800)
MCV 101.4 CU (the highest it has ever been, range 80 - 100)
MCH 33 (hit the upper limit again, 27-33)

Thyroid
Free T3 - 2.4 pg/mL (so freaking low, 2.39 - 6.79)
Reverse T3 16 ng/dL (improved greatly, lowered by 7 points, 7 - 24)
Total T3 - 0.82 ng/dL (low, 0.8 - 2.0)
Free T4 - 1.12 ng/dL (low, 0.58 - 1.64)
Total T4 - 8.5 mcg/dL (low, but improved, 4.5 - 12.5)

Vit D/Pituitary Related
Vit D, 25-OH 27.03 ng/dL (4 points lower than April, minimum reference range is 30 ng/dL)
Prolactin 4 ng/mL (holy cow, so freaking low, very unexpected 2.64 - 26.72)

There are other readings like lutenizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, but they all seemed normal. So a few observations I made are the following:

1. Iron overload is improving, but some might be stuck in the liver, causing improper conversion of hormones like T and inefficient metabolism of waste products like estrogen.
2. Vit D level is still very low. I am going to get active vit D measured to get the whole picture in two weeks.
3. Prolactin and DHT, which are blamed for hair loss are very low. Another myth (which I fell in for) busted for hair loss.
4. My thyroid is not converting T4 into T3 properly. I am not sure how much impact liver health has on thyroid synthesis/conversion.
5. My innately weak liver (indicated by defects in phase I detox) is performing worse due to iron overload, which is supposedly improving.

My focus for the next few weeks would be getting overloaded iron out of unwanted cells (lactoferrin), low iron/adequate calcium diet, clearing estrogen (probably calcium-d-glucarate supplement), and eating Brazilian nuts occasionally for selenium (T4 -> T3 conversion). Zinc for T boost would seem beneficial as well.

Again, keep in mind that this test was taken 2 weeks ago, prior to starting biotin, lactoferrin, and vit D lotion one week ago. I have had much more energy since starting the new protocol and my body temperature today at the clinic was at 98.4 F for the first time in 2 years. My BP was at 115/75, most ideal reading I've ever seen. My hair is also falling out less. I feel that everything is moving in the right direction at the moment.

Please share any comments/suggestions you might have.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Interesting Lab Results Empty Re: Interesting Lab Results

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 am

Hey, I didn't read everything but for the iron overload you could try donating blood

I tried once but I have anxiety issues which causes dizziness, and I drove myself to the donation center and totally chickened out...I was cursing the whole ride home Rolling Eyes Next time I'll get someone to drive me

As for calcium, I'm having trouble getting it on Paleo diet, unless I just eat a ridiculous amount of spinach or something...

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:00 pm

You seem very educated about your process.   I look forward to updates. The time I tested and showed high iron I was cooking with cast iron and eating black liquorice .

I have studied some about chelation therapy. It is the process of removing calcium buildup and heavy metals with acids.  I know that 1000 mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) daily is also recommend with calcium removing chelation such as Angioprim brand.  I see they have special drugs to treat excess iron removal.

This article says that iron absorption can increase with citrus food reactions,  but I wonder if it is because the iron is being dissolved and made even more available. If the source of the iron intake was stopped, and the stored excess iron was attacked; I wonder if citrus (ascorbic acid) would be useful to remove the iron.  I picture a piece of iron dipped in acid. It certainly   would dissolve outside the body.
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/IRON/IRON.html

My not perfectly researched idea is that acid foods might dissolve iron. Citrus fruits are said to be acidic  before cellular digestion.  After oxidation in the cells, they are to be alkalizing. I would guess that the acidity would be fine for the liver, as grapefruit is an alternative medicine treatment for a liver cleanse.
  I have changed my diet to a high percent of fruits and eliminated grains and dairy. I feel great with the change and find my immune system stronger.  

basics of chelation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelation_therapy

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down