Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc

2 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc Empty Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc

Post  MiamiSteve Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

I was hoping some folks can give me some input.
After reading dozens of posts about similar custom Minoxidil mixes and a good amount of sucess, I have decided to make my own blend.
Your opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Here are the ingredients:

1) Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - 20ml
2) Azelaic Acid - 5ml
3) Pure Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL) Powder- 5ml

http://www.bulksupplements.com/vitamin-b6-pyridoxine-hcl.html?gclid=COCopMWR6cgCFQ6QHwodYlIHhw
4) Trace Minerals Research, Liquimins, Ionic Zinc - 4 dropper full
http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-Liquimins-Ionic-Zinc-50-mg-2-fl-oz-59-ml/22223?gclid=COyLxJOR6cgCFUMWHwodrBYHYg
5) Caffeine powder - 5ml

I was considering adding about 10 or 15 drops of essential peppermint oil as well? Thoughts?

Thank you

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc Empty Re: Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc

Post  magic_gro Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:25 pm

MiamiSteve wrote:I was hoping some folks can give me some input.
After reading dozens of posts about similar custom Minoxidil mixes and a good amount of sucess, I have decided to make my own blend.

Can you please link some of those?

MiamiSteve wrote:Your opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Here are the ingredients:

1) Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - 20ml

You are diluting the minoxidil down to about 2.5%. Is this intended? Otherwise you could buy minoxidil powder and make sure you have a 5% concentration in your overall mix.

MiamiSteve wrote:
2) Azelaic Acid - 5ml

That's 12.5% of your final solution. It will be sticky and greasy because of it. Azelaic Acid is typically added to increase absorption and solubility of the minoxidil, the latter by moving the pH of the solution in the opposite direction of the acidity of the solute. Azelaic Acid is chosen for its supposed anti-androgenicity as shown in the purported effective treatment of acne, but it seems that in the hairloss scene there's no consensus on whether it exerts a beneficial effect on hair in by itself.

MiamiSteve wrote:
http://www.bulksupplements.com/vitamin-b6-pyridoxine-hcl.html?gclid=COCopMWR6cgCFQ6QHwodYlIHhw

According to Joe of Super Zix fame, P5P is the good form of B6 for topical application on the scalp. P5P isn't very soluble. There's no way you will be able to dissolve it at a 12.5% concentration. But you can still suspend it. Just remember to shake well before each application and apply it quickly. I suspect it won't penetrate as well as if it were properly dissolved though.

MiamiSteve wrote:4) Trace Minerals Research, Liquimins, Ionic Zinc - 4 dropper full
http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-Liquimins-Ionic-Zinc-50-mg-2-fl-oz-59-ml/22223?gclid=COyLxJOR6cgCFUMWHwodrBYHYg

Always according to the same Joe, Zinc and Minoxidil don't play well together.

MiamiSteve wrote:
5) Caffeine powder - 5ml

I was considering adding about 10 or 15 drops of essential peppermint oil as well? Thoughts?

Thank you

I use Rosemary Verbenone, Peppermint, Lemon and Lavender.

Last edited by magic_gro on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc Empty Re: Azelaic Acid Minoxidil Mix w/Vitamin B6 + Zinc

Post  MiamiSteve Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:36 am

MiamiSteve wrote:

According to Joe of Super Zix fame, P5P is the good form of B6 for topical application on the scalp. It isn't very soluble. There's no way you will be able to dissolve it at a 12.5% concentration. But you can still suspend it. Just remember to shake well before each application and apply it quickly. I suspect it won't penetrate as well as if it were properly dissolved though.

Magic
thx for the reply
are you saying that PSP zinc isn't very soluble? or Pyridoxine HCL?
I saw that Regenepure DR spray and shampoo have Pyridoxine HCL listed as an ingredient. Your thoughts?

also, what are your personal thoughts on the liquid ionic zinc I have added?:
Trace Minerals Research, Liquimins, Ionic Zinc - 4 dropper full

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:21 am

yes, I was talking from my experience with P5P. Will edit the above for clarity, using an explicit subject in that sentence.

Will try to reply back with more insights next week. Way too busy right now. Sorry.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down