Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vegan calcium issues EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vegan calcium issues EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Vegan calcium issues EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vegan calcium issues EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vegan calcium issues EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Vegan calcium issues EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Vegan calcium issues EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Vegan calcium issues EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Vegan calcium issues EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vegan calcium issues

+3
gorilla_power
sanderson
Growdamnit
7 posters

Go down

Vegan calcium issues Empty Vegan calcium issues

Post  Growdamnit Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:02 am

What do vegans have as far as calcium is concerned? I do not want to lose out on the synergistic effect it has with magnesium, C, A, K2, etc. Is enough kale able to sustain my calcium needs or will I need to supplement this, too?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Vegan calcium issues Empty Re: Vegan calcium issues

Post  sanderson Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 am

if you eat enough kale.. just track it using cronometer and see if you are hitting it. i've heard supplementing calcium is not really that great.. you might want to do some more research into it though as i'm not sure. the next best bet may be to use egg shell calcium to supplement it with.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Vegans have significantly higher quality of bone structure except if they are mix eaters(bad combinations which cause acidosis) or starch over-eaters(starch is gluey to the tissues).

Calcium doesnt come so from extremely rich calcium foods ,but from avoiding the foods which deplete calcium aka meat,dairy,junk,grains etc.Calcium is an abundant alkaline mineral that must be used in presence of acidosis,to repair/patch the corrosion.
In the same way hydration doesnt come so much from water rich foods but from avoiding the foods that cause dehydration.

Utilization of calcium is a parathyroid function by way of producing parathormone.Might want to enchance the thyroid with NATURAL herbs/foods.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 am

Thanks a lot. I have never felt this good before. Been a vegan for two years now.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:27 am

gorilla_power wrote:Vegans have significantly higher quality of bone structure except if they are mix eaters(bad combinations which cause acidosis) or starch over-eaters(starch is gluey to the tissues).

Calcium doesnt come so from extremely rich calcium foods ,but from avoiding the foods which deplete calcium aka meat,dairy,junk,grains etc.Calcium is an abundant alkaline mineral that must be used in presence of acidosis,to repair/patch the corrosion.
In the same way hydration doesnt come so much from water rich foods but from avoiding the foods that cause dehydration.

Utilization of calcium is a parathyroid function by way of producing parathormone.Might want to enchance the thyroid with NATURAL herbs/foods.

why do you say dairy depletes calcium?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:38 am

Growdamnit wrote:Thanks a lot. I have never felt this good before. Been a vegan for two years now.

Grow, did your hair-loss coincide with your transition to a vegan diet? Just curious.

My diet is almost vegan and I've been careful to track potential deficiencies inc. Vitamin D, Iodine and EFA's.

Do you feel your diet has had a positive, negative or neutral effect on your hairline?

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 am

Hotspur wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Thanks a lot. I have never felt this good before. Been a vegan for two years now.

Grow, did your hair-loss coincide with your transition to a vegan diet? Just curious.

My diet is almost vegan and I've been careful to track potential deficiencies inc. Vitamin D, Iodine and EFA's.

Do you feel your diet has had a positive, negative or neutral effect on your hairline?
No, it didn't. I kept trying different diets and all of it ended up leading me to veganism. I am still losing my hair, but feel like it has halted it for a little.

I can't really say what type of effect the diet has had on my hairline. The insidious thing about hair loss is that hair takes forever to grow and very long to miniaturize. It is very difficult to pinpoint what is working and what isn't.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:11 am

sanderson wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:Vegans have significantly higher quality of bone structure except if they are mix eaters(bad combinations which cause acidosis) or starch over-eaters(starch is gluey to the tissues).

They create response to the mucosa with the production of sticky mucus that clogs sinus,lungs,thyroid etc.
When the system is clogged especially the thyroid/parathyroid ,the body cant utilize calcium.
Dairy's proteins are abrasive to our system and the body protects itself by the production of mucus.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:10 am

gorilla_power wrote:
sanderson wrote:

They create response to the mucosa with the production of sticky mucus that clogs sinus,lungs,thyroid etc.
When the system is clogged especially the thyroid/parathyroid ,the body cant utilize calcium.
Dairy's proteins are abrasive to our system and the body protects itself by the production of mucus.

how does mucous clog the thyroid? do you have a source for this, i've never heard this before. i agree when PTH is high, calcium can't be utilized because it's being leeched from the bones.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Growdamnit wrote:
Hotspur wrote:

No, it didn't. I kept trying different diets and all of it ended up leading me to veganism. I am still losing my hair, but feel like it has halted it for a little.

I can't really say what type of effect the diet has had on my hairline. The insidious thing about hair loss is that hair takes forever to grow and very long to miniaturize. It is very difficult to pinpoint what is working and what isn't.

i had hairloss for 3 years before switching to vegan. vegan diet has neither helped nor made things worse for me. It did reduce my migraine intensity and frequency though as well as reduce psoriasis symptoms.

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Growdamnit wrote:What do vegans have as far as calcium is concerned? I do not want to lose out on the synergistic effect it has with magnesium, C, A, K2, etc. Is enough kale able to sustain my calcium needs or will I need to supplement this, too?

eat leafy greens low in oxalate and high in calcium.

i d go with bok choy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bok_choy
has good absorption rate of calcium
http://www.theveganrd.com/vegan-nutrition-primers/calcium-a-vegan-nutrition-primer

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:44 am

For those who don't eat enough green leafy vegetables, at first you will feel fantastic on a vegan diet. To be honest, veganism is as long term unhealthy (without adequate enough knowledge) as being a pure carnivore or pure supplement taker.  

I understand veganism for moral or religious reasons, but I personally wouldn't bother for health reasons. I would instead focus on a well balanced diet filled with plenty of vegetables/fruits and absent of refined carbs eating more bone and organ meat for starters.

As far as getting adequate calcium on a vegan diet, low oxalate green leafy vegetables are the number one way for both calcium, magnesium, A, C, K, folate, iron sulfur, chlorophyll etc. I eat a shit load every day.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 am

More junk science. Bone is 1/3rd protein by weight.

Acidosis is applied *only* to kidney acidosis problems - Not applicable to normal metabolism.

Most of your message is correct though.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down