Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions?

+3
Changexpert
youngn
Hoppipolla
7 posters

Go down

I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? Empty I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions?

Post  Hoppipolla Sat May 09, 2015 3:45 am

I did hear rumours that it might, but when I was taking a heaped tablespoon of diatomaceous earth daily I swear I really noticed my hair felt significantly thicker when I was washing it.

I stopped taking the DE though because it was giving me quite a bit of gastrointestinal bleeding (blood in stool) which stopped immediately when I went off the DE and started pretty much immediately after I began it.

I have been experimenting with bentonite clay and bamboo shoots, but BC doesn't seem to give the same pronounced effect and the bamboo shoots can mess with my digestive system a little due to the combination of fibre and carbs, so I'd rather not take them.

However, I'd like to put silica on the table (specifically DE, but it was almost certainly the silica) as having potential therapeutic use for hair loss or thinning hair Smile

I want to look into any sources of pure silica, and give this another try.

I didn't even EXPECT it to do anything for my hair - I was taking it to combat any potential parasites that may or may not be lurking in my GI tract, but in a very short space of time I noticed my hair felt way thicker on the top of my head.

I might be wrong, but I think this is definitely worth looking into further!

Thanks,

Hoppi! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? Empty Re: I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions?

Post  youngn Thu May 14, 2015 2:01 am

Have you tried a highly absorbent version like Biosil or Jarrosil? Maybe it would be easier on your gut.

youngn

Back to top Go down

I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions? Empty Re: I highly suspect that silica helped my hair significantly - advice/opinions?

Post  Changexpert Fri May 15, 2015 11:09 am

Silica definitely helps, but make sure to get one that's not from horsetail extract. I've been using one from Swanson that's made from bamboo and it's been helping me tremendously with both density and thickness. Unfortunately, it does not do much to slow down the hair loss.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Changexpert wrote:Silica definitely helps, but make sure to get one that's not from horsetail extract. I've been using one from Swanson that's made from bamboo and it's been helping me tremendously with both density and thickness. Unfortunately, it does not do much to slow down the hair loss.

Hm, maybe it doesn't actually benefit the scalp or hair roots, but simply strengthen the hair that's still alive?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Mon May 18, 2015 11:20 pm

Does it also beautifies your skin?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 19, 2015 12:00 am

Biffy wrote:Does it also beautifies your skin?

Actually my skin did feel great too yeah o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 am

hoppipolla - I second you on this one. I first used this on several trials, but this was well before I had my hair loss under control. Once I did stabilize my hair loss and then into regrowth, I started notice that hair and skin quality improved with long term use.

Silica is a nice guard from aluminum also.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue May 19, 2015 4:27 am

is the high silica content why Peat recommends bamboo shoots?

what are some other good food sources?

I supplemented with silica many years back and vaguely remember my nails growing at a rate of knots
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue May 19, 2015 4:32 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:hoppipolla - I second you on this one. I first used this on several trials, but this was well before I had my hair loss under control. Once I did stabilize my hair loss and then into regrowth, I started notice that hair and skin quality improved with long term use.

Silica is a nice guard from aluminum also.

This is one thing I've twigged this year, naturally detoxing and displacing build up of toxic minerals by getting plenty of healthful minerals (iodine displaces fluorine, bromine; magnesium displacing excess copper; zinc displacing excess iron, mercury etc.)

Silica/aluminium is a new one on me, nice.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue May 19, 2015 8:49 am

So CS, you are still on diatomaceous earth? I've been on and off with it, and I'm on with it again now. Yes, it is definitely great for skin
and hair, and has a multitude of other benefits. How much do you take? I'm mixing a tablespoon or more with apple cider vinegar and
blackstrap molasses in water.

Hoppipolla, you have to make sure to drink enough water when you are on DE. That would likely resolve any issues you had with it.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 19, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Delphine, I've never relied on diatomaceous earth for my silica intake. Although most of the silica varieties I have tried appear to work well.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Hi Delphine, I've never relied on diatomaceous earth for my silica intake. Although most of the silica varieties I have tried appear to work well.

Gotcha. Well, from my experience, DE works magic Smile
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down