Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair?

+3
CausticSymmetry
iuyyighghghgkh
Changexpert
7 posters

Go down

How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Empty How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair?

Post  Changexpert Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:06 am

I know biotin and silica can work for non AGA hair loss, but I am having difficulties finding the exact mechanism how these two supplements work. Which pathways do they promote and inhibit? They are only advertised as "essential components" for hair growth, but I could not find a study on how they cause growth. I would sincerely appreciate your response.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Empty Re: How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 am

biotin increases atp and carbon dioxide and mitochondrial function

https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=8043

The increased CO2 from biotin may help pancreas regeneration.It can also help people with movement disorders. CO2 repairs the myelin sheath

" Biotin restarts the Krebs cycle and makes it use the pyruvate from glycolysis. So, the enhanced oxidation of glucose combined with the lowering of FFA is the main mechanism of biotin's glucose lowering effects."

silica may not even work, depending on circumstances

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Empty Re: How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair?

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:53 am

Silicon works as a mineral transporter, yet it is a basic foundation of collagen and keratin.

Arch Dermatol Res. 2007 Dec;299(10):499-505. Epub 2007 Oct 25.
Effect of oral intake of choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid on hair tensile strength and morphology in women with fine hair.

The appearance of hair plays an important role in people's overall physical appearance and self-perception. Silicon (Si) has been suggested to have a role in the formation of connective tissue and is present at 1-10 ppm in hair. Choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid ("ch-OSA") is a bioavailable form of silicon which was found to improve skin microrelief and skin mechanical properties in women with photoaged skin. The effect of ch-OSA on hair was investigated in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study. Forty-eight women with fine hair were given 10 mg Si/day in the form of ch-OSA beadlets (n = 24) or a placebo (n = 24), orally for 9 months. Hair morphology and tensile properties were evaluated before and after treatment. Urinary silicon concentration increased significantly in the ch-OSA supplemented group but not in the placebo group. The elastic gradient decreased in both groups but the change was significantly smaller in the ch-OSA group (-4.52%) compared to placebo group (-11.9%). Break load changed significantly in the placebo group (-10.8%) but not in the ch-OSA supplemented group (-2.20%). Break stress and elastic modulus decreased in both groups but the change was smaller in the ch-OSA group. The cross sectional area increased significantly after 9 months compared to baseline in ch-OSA supplemented subjects but not in the placebo group. The change in urinary silicon excretion was significantly correlated with the change in cross sectional area. Oral intake of ch-OSA had a positive effect on tensile strength including elasticity and break load and resulted in thicker hair.

I used this product after my hair stabilized and it does work to improve the quality of hair.

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-BioSil-ch-OSA-Advanced-Collagen-Generator-60-Veggie-Caps/23157

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:41 am

I use this Very Happy
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Shower10

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:01 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Silicon works as a mineral transporter, yet it is a basic foundation of collagen and keratin.

Pretty much the perfect answer, of which it will likely take medical science another thirty years to catch up.... if ever. But osteoporosis medicines are huge money makers and osteonecrosis keeps those patients coming back for more.

And if you indeed are lacking dense bones and connective tissue it likely correlates fairly nicely to lacking dense hair, especially in older men.  In a deficit our bodies pull alkaline minerals like calcium and protein from the next available source. Except your body isn't as vein to keep hair at expense of those bones, so something has to give.

Sage 1 wrote:I use this Very Happy
How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Shower10

The leafy greens especially hold a key to good collagen and bone formation. Just make sure to get enough protein and supplement appropriately. Smile

Back to top Go down

How do biotin and silica work to grow (not regrow) hair? Empty Damaged Hair

Post  LizaF16 Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Please help. My hair has always been my pride and fucking joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color-corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. my hair has also NEVER been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out. What should i do to regrow hair?

LizaF16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:17 pm

LizaF16 wrote:Please help. My hair has always been my pride and fucking joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color-corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. my hair has also NEVER been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out. What should i do to regrow hair?

My wife bleaches her hair and colors it to keep it ash blonde.
She had the same issues with thinning falling hair, since it´s really harsh to the hair and scalp.
The changes she did was starting juicing apples, carrots, cucumber, spinach and celery, and replaced her shampoo, conditioner with non SLS, silicone free ones, and does a simple coconut oil hair mask from now and then.

Even if she bleaches, colors her hair it´s thick and healthy.
Would highly recommend a slow juicer investment, since it really keeps the inside and outside in shape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zPsD8rT2U

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 pm

I thought this stuff was the best?

http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Jarrow-Formulas-JarroSil-Activated-Silicon-2-oz-60-ml/10350/?p=1

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down