Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
still losing hair? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
still losing hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
still losing hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
still losing hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
still losing hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
still losing hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
still losing hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
still losing hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
still losing hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

still losing hair?

+2
The Natural
tooyoung
6 posters

Go down

still losing hair? Empty still losing hair?

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 am

I've been on a small regimen of krill, curcumin, d3 and k2, non-sls shampoo as well as a multivit and other vitamins. I've slightly cleaned my diet up but theres still a lot to do, although its only been a month or so I need to reorder pretty soon. I noticed other members experiencing benefits within a month, my scalp definitely less itchy and my fringe seems thicker, but i'm putting that down to the high quality shampoo. Looking at my hairline today it seems like it has gone further back, despite not noticeably losing more hairs than usual, can anyone recommend anything before my next order?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

still losing hair? Empty Re: still losing hair?

Post  The Natural Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

I would add resveratrol. Also vitamin (ester) C and MSM would be good additions that are very reasonably priced.

As your diet continues to improve, you may find that taking a multi-vitamin is unnecessary.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:40 am

From what I understand the curcumin should be covering your free T levels (usually I would suggest lignans)... other than that...

Make sure your diet is accurate. Make sure you are not peaking your insulin with carbs, sugar etc. Eat small meals and LOTS of veg and fibre. Lay off gluten (bread, pasta, pizza) as as well as being carbs I am still not sure the degree to which allergies play a part in this O.O Can anyone fill me in on that?

That aside, if you desire topicals I would recommend Nizoral and possibly aloe vera, but I'm aware they are "quick fixes" and it's best to get down to the root of the problem Smile

You need to get your liver strong and your thyroid accurate. Do that and everything else may be fine Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 am

I'm planning to do a basal temperature test soon to judge my thyroid. How do I know if my livers bad?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 am

Erm, to be honest I'm not so sure about this. We're both young so I would imagine with a good diet and lots of water the liver will just heal by itself anyway. I do want to look into this more though Smile

Basically a healthy liver will produce more SHBG, and SHBG is probably our best friend in avoiding hair loss at a young age Smile

That's why lignans (and probably curcumin) are so wicked, as they increase our SHBG. This mops up all the excess testosterone and pulls our sex hormones back into line! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

still losing hair? Empty Hair Loss Problem

Post  lacewigs02 Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 am

Hi,

Don't Worry about hair loss, We have the lace wigs use that and for more details visit our site...

lacewigs02

http://www.hairworksintl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't really plan on using resv due to claims it may harm younger people, even at a low level I dont really want to risk anything. I know curcumin isn't as effective without resv, but is it worth taking by itself? What do people that don't want to use them do, as an alternative? CS, you got any idea why I'd still be losing hair, and any way I can change things around?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 am

Well..There you ago.Don't worry about your hair loss. Just get a laced wig at our favorite lace wig site. No more worries

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Swimmy wrote:Well..There you ago.Don't worry about your hair loss. Just get a laced wig at our favorite lace wig site. No more worries

hehehe joke of the week Smile

As for no res tooyoung.. hmm, is it true it harms younger people? I'm probably ok for that as I'm 24, and also it will increase your testosterone a tad, which is probably something you don't need if you're in your late teens or early twenties.

Curcumin does seem good by itself too, but this all really depends what your hormonal profile is and what the underlying cause for your hair loss is - food sensitivities, too high T or DHT, hypothyroid, simply very sensitive follicles, or perhaps other things. As mine is happening just a little bit later and my follicles were fine in my late teens and early twenties, it is bringing me to other conclusions.

Have you decided at all what you might get? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 am

Theres a thread on imminst.org forums about how there are theories it can be bad for people under 25 or something, but they are only theories.

What do you mean decided what I might get? If you're referring to a regimen i've been on one a month or so, a simple, d3+k2, krill, curcumin and nonsls shampoo. Next time I reorder I'll most likely add iodine and selenium to that as well. Smile

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:47 am

tooyoung - The miniature organ system of the hair follicle is one of the most complex in the human body. It takes several months for a proper assessment on to a situation.

Many processes of hair cycling take months and I have found much too often that posters worried about their hair are making snapshot decisions before the hair cycle has made any significant change or remodeling process.

Perhaps the best way to judge how things are going is to look at your scalp and see if it becomes inflamed days following meals. If there is no apparent redness visually, you can try something that TK uses, which is a microscope.

Check out this threads on this one, very interesting.

In small doses, wouldn't be too concerned about being "too young" and taking resveratrol. The real concern is if one took the amount of resveratrol that was previous thought to be effective for longevity. Those doses proved to be much too much and would chelate excessive copper.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 am

I've never really experienced red scalp as such, but I often get a very itchy scalp, is that also inflammation?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down