Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine

+5
Southbeach
NDW
iuyyighghghgkh
CausticSymmetry
Shades
9 posters

Go down

This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine Empty This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine

Post  Shades Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:44 pm

?

Shades

Back to top Go down

This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine Empty Re: This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:17 am

Shades wrote:?

TCM has a lot of value. It's not my expertise, however there's literally several thousand years worth of wisdom into it.
From a hair loss perspective, TCM has long recognized that it is the kidney (I would add the glands also) that have an effect, good or bad on hair.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine Empty Re: This forums opinion on traditional chinese medicine

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:38 am

snake oilish

do very little for hair

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 am

Definitely not snake oil. The chinese people are very wise. It seems like no one on this forum has any substatial understanding of it though.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:18 pm

it's very unscientific, based on myth and legend, "some old man used it to rgrow hair, blah blah "

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:57 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:it's very unscientific, based on myth and legend, "some old man used it to rgrow hair, blah blah "

I used to think this way in the late 1980's. However, the TCM system is vastly underrated and more based on reality than fiction. I know enough about TCM to know that it works. I've known quite a few practitioners for about 20 years. However, their methodology is so different, although sometimes modern science does intertwine with it. I've seen a number of well designed studies using placebo groups using Chinese concoctions.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:03 pm

I honestly think they may cause hair loss

taking these pure herbs in just a capsule would put a tremendous strain on the body

drunk as teas, they are acceptable

But as a whole, it is nothing but an ego boost based on myth and legend for people of Chinese origin, and people who want to look intellectual

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:56 pm

I have found TCM to be much more effective at dealing with medical issues (from acne to allergies to hormonal issues etc..) with my kids than the allopathic types, who typically have little more to offer than anti-biotics and corticosteroids. Dont be so incredibly naive about the so called legitimacy of Western Medicine....it is little more than a business model for symptom management.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Interesting that they associate hair loss with kidney. I have potential kidney issues - nocturia.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

I disagree

Hair loss is mostly associated with the prostate, heart health and mitochondria

Yes, I disagree with Chinese Medicine

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:19 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I disagree

Hair loss is mostly associated with the prostate, heart health and mitochondria

Yes, I disagree with Chinese Medicine

TCM only deals with major organs (heart, liver, lungs, etc). It doesn't go into smaller ones like prostate. So saying that hairloss actually deals with smaller organs does not contradict TCM.

Also, by saying that something that grows from the top of your head is associated with
the heart, prostate, and mitochondria, you are making connections throughout the entire body. In effect, saying that hairloss is more or less a whole body issue, and that type of ideology brings you right to the doorsteps of TCM.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:35 am

Any studies which can provide evidence of effectiveness? Why would the medical
techniques of a primitive culture be of interest today? How about sun gazing or becoming a breatharian?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:21 am

NDW wrote:TCM only deals with major organs (heart, liver, lungs, etc). It doesn't go into smaller ones like prostate. So saying that hairloss actually deals with smaller organs does not contradict TCM.

Keep in minds the "organs" in TCM is not directly correlated with our Western understanding of organs. Some of TCMs definition of organs encompass more than the physical organ is known to do. Just a head's up!

Kidney for example seems to both include kidney, adrenals and thyroid! Smile

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 am

Odysseus wrote:Any studies which can provide evidence of effectiveness? Why would the medical
techniques of a primitive culture be of interest today? How about sun gazing or becoming a breatharian?

It would be of interest today because ancient medicine wasn't a trillion dollar business as it is today, filled with patents and profit all that BS. Modern, mainstream hospitals in China use acupuncture for example. Physiology hasn't changed much in the last 5,000 years, so why would that be an issue? All of the principles of math were formed hundreds or thousands of years ago, does that make them irrelevant or obsolete today?
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:13 pm

This is an interesting read indeed.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/03/science-finally-confirmed-existence-acupuncture-points-validating-chinese-medicine.html

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down