Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine.

+5
bananasinpajamas
sanderson
mento
shaftless
CausticSymmetry
9 posters

Go down

A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. Empty A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:13 am

J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2013 Sep 2. [Epub ahead of print]
A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine.
Huang HJ1, Chen CY.

Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and corticotropin-releasing factor receptor (CRFR) play important roles in stress response, including anxiety and depression syndrome. The CRF expression also relates to chronic stress-related hair loss. This study utilizes the world's largest traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) database and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations to investigate novel CRFR inhibitors for treatment of alopecia. The docking and screening from TCM database results indicate the vitamin B2, 3 beta-isodihydrocadambine, and caribine display higher binding affinity than maltose in maltose binding protein (MBP). However, the results of MD simulation shows the caribine-facilitated CRFR approach closer to MBP, the 3D structure conformation of MBP and CRFR complex forms compact structure. Interestingly, the distance between the two proteins is reducing significantly after caribine dock into MBP binding site. Beside, from Ligand channel analysis, the paths of caribine demonstrate that residence time is increased in binding pocket. Hence, our finding suggests that caribine might be a potential lead compound to stimulate MBP and CRFR interaction, and help for baldness therapy in further study.

In my opinion this is the gold standard. I don't believe in isolated nutrients, they work in tandem:

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-B-Complex-12-60-Veggie-Caps/18126

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. Empty Re: A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine.

Post  shaftless Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:35 pm

I thought that tests with mice showed that the molecule astressin b showed promise in reversing hair loss thru the crf pathway. It's available as well. But so far I haven't heard much success with it.

Also, what the heck is caribine? Google hasn't got any info on it besides this research paper.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine. Empty Re: A possible solution for hair loss by inhibiting corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) receptor from traditional Chinese medicine.

Post  mento Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 pm

any update?

mento

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:44 pm

what about dessicated liver instead of B complex vitamin?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 pm

what role does CRF have in mpb? inflammation?

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:34 am

Local inflammatory status.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a piece of research showing how cortisol directly damaged hair follicles, in and of itself.

Cortisol is actually anti-inflammatory, but it tends to lead to insulin resistance. I think the damage comes from that insulin resistance, and the fact that cortisol is correlated with hampered thyroid function. Cortisol is pretty much saying "Hey body cool it. Stop doing anything regarding wound healing or pathogen fighting".

So yes, the anti-hair effects of cortisol are probably indirect. But in any case, a prolonged adaptive stress response is a bad thing. It increases the catecholamines (adrenaline) and will create blood sugar problems and also lead to thyroid abnormality.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Live forever Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:40 am

good ol insulin resistance.

has anyone read the news about the WHO
bringing new guidelines in for sugar?
Live forever
Live forever

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:25 am

As far as I know there was just a big clamor to have the labelling policies changed.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 am

Look up CRF/Corticotropin releasing factor using the "google" selection on the forum (not the default "inside"). You'll see a lot of threads on this important topic.

http://tinyurl.com/mnxk4qt

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:23 am

feel this topic is a major culprit in my hair loss. CS I know everyone is different but how can we begin to address this topic in our regimens/lifestyle?

edit-We know gut integrity plays a pretty big role and I'm sure metals and toxins as well. Is there anything to address this topic specifically?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 pm

CS - what's the scoop in English?

Great work, buddy.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down