Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness

+5
lamka
Keanoseg
Zaphod
iuyyighghghgkh
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 Empty Re: compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness

Post  Xenon Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:02 am

RE: thermoregulation... I strongly believe that too much persperation from the scalp creates a perfect breeding environment for bacteria, which then secretes higher amounts of toxins inside the follicle... this then causes increased inflammation. a case in point; if I go a day without washing my scalp, I will always suffer inflammation. The temples and crown are more susceptible to bacterial proliferation because they sweat so much in comparison to other areas of the scalp. Secondly, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your pillows and pillow cases clean. When the temples are pressed against dirty pillows for the whole time we are asleep, they produce sweat, which, again, becomes a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and fungus on pillow cases. I kept waking up with my temple inflamed (coincidentally the one I'd been sleeping on the most). Since I took the responsibility of keeping my pillows and cases washed on a regular basis, the morning inflammation has grounded to a halt. I flirted with this theory in the past, but didn't realize just how much of a role it actually played in the inflammatory process. Sleeping on average of 8 - 9 hours with the scalp pressed against filthy bacteria laden pillows adds to this problem enormously.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness - Page 3 Empty Re: compiling a list of theories for Male Pattern Baldness

Post  Zaphod Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 am

Xenon, have you tried any topicals as white iodine or other antibacterials?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 am

Xenon wrote:RE: thermoregulation... I strongly believe that too much persperation from the scalp creates a perfect breeding environment for bacteria, which then secretes higher amounts of toxins inside the follicle... this then causes increased inflammation. a case in point; if I go a day without washing my scalp, I will always suffer inflammation. The temples and crown are more susceptible to bacterial proliferation because they sweat so much in comparison to other areas of the scalp. Secondly, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your pillows and pillow cases clean. When the temples are pressed against dirty pillows for the whole time we are asleep, they produce sweat, which, again, becomes a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and fungus on pillow cases. I kept waking up with my temple inflamed (coincidentally the one I'd been sleeping on the most). Since I took the responsibility of keeping my pillows and cases washed on a regular basis, the morning inflammation has grounded to a halt. I flirted with this theory in the past, but didn't realize just how much of a role it actually played in the inflammatory process. Sleeping on average of 8 - 9 hours with the scalp pressed against filthy bacteria laden pillows adds to this problem enormously.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00636601

Here's something for you Xenon. Don't know if you saw this already. It's interesting, but the reality is more complicated then the study suggests. There are plenty of guys without any signs of beard that go bald but this is an interesting perspective.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:39 am

Look at these pictures.

http://www.jcrows.com/hypothyroidism.html

hair loss and growth could definitely be the thyroid , which is somehow connected to carbon dioxide and mitochondria.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:49 am

http://www.open-science-repository.com/an-evolved-hair-growth-mechanism-in-mammals-implications-in-human-physiology.html

Here's an interesting paper which would support detumescence and thermoregulation. Approached from a different angle than traditional.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:07 am

Keanoseg wrote:http://www.open-science-repository.com/an-evolved-hair-growth-mechanism-in-mammals-implications-in-human-physiology.html

Here's an interesting paper which would support detumescence and thermoregulation. Approached from a different angle than traditional.

what is detumescence therapy ? can someone tell me ?

the guy is selling it for like 50 dollars

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 am

Keanoseg wrote:
Xenon wrote:RE: thermoregulation... I strongly believe that too much persperation from the scalp creates a perfect breeding environment for bacteria, which then secretes higher amounts of toxins inside the follicle... this then causes increased inflammation. a case in point; if I go a day without washing my scalp, I will always suffer inflammation. The temples and crown are more susceptible to bacterial proliferation because they sweat so much in comparison to other areas of the scalp. Secondly, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your pillows and pillow cases clean. When the temples are pressed against dirty pillows for the whole time we are asleep, they produce sweat, which, again, becomes a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and fungus on pillow cases. I kept waking up with my temple inflamed (coincidentally the one I'd been sleeping on the most). Since I took the responsibility of keeping my pillows and cases washed on a regular basis, the morning inflammation has grounded to a halt. I flirted with this theory in the past, but didn't realize just how much of a role it actually played in the inflammatory process. Sleeping on average of 8 - 9 hours with the scalp pressed against filthy bacteria laden pillows adds to this problem enormously.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00636601

Here's something for you Xenon. Don't know if you saw this already. It's interesting, but the reality is more complicated then the study suggests. There are plenty of guys without any signs of beard that go bald but this is an interesting perspective.

Yeh, I think CS posted something like this before. It's interesting... I only experience hot flashes to the temples (and to a much lesser extent in the crown), and it's here where hairloss occurs. There definitely seems to be a connection here because I wont lose any   hair at all if my body / scalp temp remain stable... maybe ongoing hyperthermic stress to cells is the culprit, perhaps bacterial proliferation from increased sweating? I'm not entirely certain, I just know that the hot flashes FEEL damaging to cells, despite heavy sweating helping them to cool down to core temperature.

@beebrox; I don't use any topicals, but I have been using Dettol laundry cleanser on my bedding to make sure that all bacteria on my pillows are destroyed. It is interesting how the morning inflammation has stopped occurring since keeping pillows free of bacteria, so maybe there is some merit to this theory. I can only surmises that the increased levels of sweat and sebum within the temples breed greater levels of propionic bacterium. When temples are pressed against fabric, they retain more heat and sweat more... no doubt creting an eco system on pillows for this bacteria to thrive. It is also interesting that many people (myself included) experience greater hairloss when wearing a tight fitting basbeall cap... the same process is likely happening.

P.S. without over complicating matters... when we toss and turn at night our temples constantly rub against the pillow fabric which could cause micro-abrasions. Lack of adipose tissue makes temple tissue more prone to micro-abrasions (or chafing) because the skin has less flexibility / cushioning so would likely tear a tad easier than elsewhere. When this happens bacteria toxins can enter the bloodstream and cause a heightened immune response.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Keanoseg wrote:http://www.open-science-repository.com/an-evolved-hair-growth-mechanism-in-mammals-implications-in-human-physiology.html

Good post Keanoseg (or drex/duke/morpheus), I wonder if scalp heat increases paranoia? Only taking the piss xenon, good to see you back on track.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:what is detumescence therapy ? can someone tell me ?

the guy is selling it for like 50 dollars

Wut is happening?... This forum has really been strange lately...

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3