Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
what about chewing causes hairloss. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

what about chewing causes hairloss.

5 posters

Go down

what about chewing causes hairloss. Empty what about chewing causes hairloss.

Post  Brabus Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09 pm

The most of us agree that scalp tightening causes hairloss. What about chewing hard causes hairloss?

I noticed that when I chew my temples are moving. Isnt this like the facial expression causes hairloss theory?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

what about chewing causes hairloss. Empty Re: what about chewing causes hairloss.

Post  Xenon Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 pm

For a long time I believed that all of these things played a role, but I am now inclined to believe that genetics is the root cause of MPB, in being that follicles become sensitive to inflammation more so than anywhere else.

I'll probably take a ton of shit for this, but here's something to consider; a) transplanted follicles do not miniaturize, whereas native galea follicles do. b) there are some native galea hairs which do not go bald, yet the rest do. Why would this happen? IMO this would suggest that certain follicles are selected for miniaturization. I believe that this can be explained from a genetic stand point.

All of this is the equivalent of an ever repeating forest fire, yet some 'trees' are continually spared from the inferno. How could this be? It would likely suggest that a few follicles do not inflame or 'catch fire' easily in comparison to others. This would also suggest that the majority of follicles that do miniaturize ARE genetically selected to inflame and shrink, especially when a stressor is present.

I personally think that DHT / androgens somehow trigger a baldness gene. Take for example transsexuals on testosterone replacement therapy... some of them go bald, some of them do not. Why? Because baldness would only be triggered in those who carry the baldness gene.

IMO MPB is simply a secondary sex characteristic in those unfortunate enough to have the genetics for it. It's like the way some men have the genetics for having really thick chest, arm, leg hair, whereas some men have very little to no chest, arm, leg hair.  Similarly so, MPB is expressed to different degrees from man to man.

I personally think that deactivating the baldness gene is the root of the problem, otherwise the only other less effective alternative is to try to curb inflammation as much as possible, as well as reduce DHT levels.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

what about chewing causes hairloss. Empty Re: what about chewing causes hairloss.

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:30 am

Xenon, you're only going to take shit from people who are still ignorant enough to not see this condition for what it is. What else is it gonna take?

For me, everything else fell into the water when I saw the video log of that guy who took Diane35. He had complete regrowth, from being something like NW3 to not being able to see shit from all the bangs hanging over his eyes.

Photographic evidence, of real regrowth, HUGE regrowth. And he didn't get it with boar brushing, hanging upside down on the ceiling, dermarolling or anything like that. He got it by taking estrogen and cyproterone acetate. AKA hormones! Yet even after all this evidence that hormones do play a major role (and can effectively reverse MPB) people are still talking about middle age theories.

Now obviously taking those medications is very dangerous and has serious side effects (like becoming a woman) but it shows you what direction you should be looking into for the cure. I have more hope for CB-03-01 than anything from the 'natural' world these days. I do detumescence, but it's more because I don't like how tight my scalp feels, rather than I believe that it will regrow hair, cause I frankly don't. To me this forum has procured far more useful information regarding general health (to which there is lots of useful information) than about hair (which there is quite slim, if none, proof of working). That's my honest view.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 am

Im not asking for the root cause of mpb. I dont even know if we will ever now it actually. But if we can do something for the symptoms of mpb, that would be great. The symptoms are for me inflammation/scalp tightness/itchiness.

I personally took fin/dut/spiro long enough to see that decreasing dht is not working for me. But yeah I guess my case is unique. (see my other topic to understand what I mean).

Xenon can I ask you for more information about brain cooling that you mentioned on my other thread, please. Sometimes when I eat fast or do a little exercise my temples become hot and my veins stick out.

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 am

Deadly, if what you are saying is true in regards to estrogen, then this proves beyond doubt that follicles (in the case of MPB) have simply been in the telogen phase due to androgenic influence. This therefore suggests that scar tissue likely isn't much of an issue because it is mainly the matrix cells that undergo inflammation, but these cells are continually renewed under the direction of progenitor cells within the hair bulge. Additionally, the papilla continues to exist and produce micro vellus hairs, so this means that the capillary loops remain in tact. As also menioned before, alopecia areata sufferers are known to regrow hair after decades of baldness. This would indicate that only matrix cells inflame.

However, Deadly, here is what mind fucks me; I only seem to lose hair when a stressor is present which triggers inflammation, other than that I will not suffer any shedding at all. Therefore, I can only conclude that genetics and hormones cause a greater affinity for T cell activity within scalp follicles which contain androgen receptors. Why this is, is a total mystery, but there has to be a reason for MPB. These follicles are specifically targeted for miniaturization in some men, but not all men.

Brabus, you might want to start drinking cooler drinks. Each time you swallow hot fluids, it causes the blood to heat up which then moves upward to your brain. I'd also recommend not wearing too much thick clothing around your torso area for too long, as this also causes warmer blood to move up to the brain. This will be less of a burden for the brain when it needs to remove excess heat. But that being said, do not make yourself too cold, otherwise it will depress your immune system and you'll start to get sick.

BTW you was the guy who had the subdural haematoma, right? If so, and you're thinking of doing the detumescence therapy, then I'd advise you against doing it because it might trigger another haematoma. There are small veins which pass through skull sinuses and they assist in brain cooling and draining of excess fluids. Moving the scalp back and forth might cause them further damage.

BTW here is an interesting paper on brain cooling: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=7238920
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 am

Are u serious? Sad so i should stop the only thing that seems to work for me? Pff

Also Xenon do you think my skull will become normal (flat) after they remove the hematoma?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:57 am

Brabus, I'm just forewarning you of potential side effects. This is not to say that I'm against DT -- only the possibility of rupturing veins which pass through the sinuses of the skull.

Also, if the heamatoma has caused intracranial pressure, then I'd imagine that removal of it would help to relieve brain pressure. I'm not an expert on this subject by any means, but what I do know is, subdural veins assist in removing heat and brain fluid. Damage to them would impair this process, no doubt. I have often times wondered if there is some sort of problem with my brain removing heat because my scalp sweats excessively during exercise. Some guys can exercise for very long periods, yet hardly sweat from their scalps.

I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but there is a theory which states, that as the brain became larger it generated more heat and required a more efficient cooling system; part of the solution for this heat problem, was massive reduction of body hair. Hair exists to keep us warm, but too much hair would - according to the theory - cause the brain to retain too much heat and malfunction. It may also be that the body went even further and removed scalp hair to better assist this cooling process. men's brains are estimated to be 15% bigger than women's so I'd imagine that they'd require a more rapid cooling response, therefore, this might possibly explain how male pattern baldness originally became manifest.

It is very interesting how I only seem to lose hair when my scalp (and perhaps brain) suffers from heat stress. Yet I don't know how all of this would tie in with DHT and genetics. It is seriously baffling, yet I'm sure there is an explanation somewhere between the lines.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:47 am

Xenon wrote:For a long time I believed that all of these things played a role, but I am now inclined to believe that genetics is the root cause of MPB, in being that follicles become sensitive to inflammation more so than anywhere else.

I'll probably take a ton of shit for this, but here's something to consider; a) transplanted follicles do not miniaturize, whereas native galea follicles do. b) there are some native galea hairs which do not go bald, yet the rest do. Why would this happen? IMO this would suggest that certain follicles are selected for miniaturization. I believe that this can be explained from a genetic stand point.

All of this is the equivalent of an ever repeating forest fire, yet some 'trees' are continually spared from the inferno. How could this be? It would likely suggest that a few follicles do not inflame or 'catch fire' easily in comparison to others. This would also suggest that the majority of follicles that do miniaturize ARE genetically selected to inflame and shrink, especially when a stressor is present.

I personally think that DHT / androgens somehow trigger a baldness gene. Take for example transsexuals on testosterone replacement therapy... some of them go bald, some of them do not. Why? Because baldness would only be triggered in those who carry the baldness gene.

IMO MPB is simply a secondary sex characteristic in those unfortunate enough to have the genetics for it. It's like the way some men have the genetics for having really thick chest, arm, leg hair, whereas some men have very little to no chest, arm, leg hair.  Similarly so, MPB is expressed to different degrees from man to man.

I personally think that deactivating the baldness gene is the root of the problem, otherwise the only other less effective alternative is to try to curb inflammation as much as possible, as well as reduce DHT levels.

You make some valid points but the bolded is just not true, which makes me and this whole forum reconsider your theory.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 am

Jets, I was originally of the opinion that transplant patients were prescribed fin to prevent the transplanted hair from succumbing to the same fate as the other hairs, but someone on the forum told me that fin was only prescribed to prevent native galea hairs from miniaturizing, but not for the transplanted hairs. When I investigated further, everything seemed to strongly suggest that the guy who informed me of this was correct.

I have heard of some botched transplants, but according to what i read 85 - 90% are successful and hair continues to grow without problem.

What do you have to offer me on this that will alter my opinion?
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 am

more like not chewing enough.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 am

If I can add one more point without hijacking Brabus' thread; prior to the production of testosterone and the upregulation of it's receptors in scalp follicles, we produced terminal hair no problem. Therefore the problem might be primarily asscoiated with AR upregulation... obviously genetics determines this process. But if we can find a way of causing these receptors to down regulate (naturally), then maybe this will solve the problem completely -- just like when we produced terminal hair when we were young.

So, to generally sum up what I believe is happening here: a) genetics determines AR upregulation in scalp follicles b) androgens are the trigger for this gene expression c) this leads to follicles becoming sensitive to inflammation d) when the immune system over-produces T cells (due to stressors) the follicles come under attack and they miniaturize.

The only way I have been able to curb this inflammatory response is by torso cooling. This seems to reduce T cell activity, BUT I think that doing this for too long can depress the immune system and lead to infections because if I have cooled my body for prolonged periods I always break out in cold sores and feel run down. This is obviously not a good thing.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down