Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
chlorine dioxide grows hair EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

chlorine dioxide grows hair

+3
Hairy Potter
hairyshowers
shaftless
7 posters

Go down

chlorine dioxide grows hair Empty chlorine dioxide grows hair

Post  shaftless Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:19 pm

There's this new rage on another forum about using chlorine dioxide as a hair growth stimulant. Chlorine dioxide is a gas but can be dissolved into a solution. A study in china proclaims that it stimulates hair follicle stem cells resulting in new growth. Someone in china also patented a chlorine dioxide topical and is selling it there and has some impressive before and after photos on his site. Growth appeared after only 25 days. Thing is, if you research chlorine dioxide, it is a very corrosive substance. It has to be very diluted to be used on skin. Would you trust something like this from another country? Personally I'd try soaking in a swimming pool for a month first  (:

shaftless

Back to top Go down

chlorine dioxide grows hair Empty Re: chlorine dioxide grows hair

Post  hairyshowers Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:29 pm

shaftless wrote:There's this new rage on another forum about using chlorine dioxide as a hair growth stimulant. Chlorine dioxide is a gas but can be dissolved into a solution. A study in china proclaims that it stimulates hair follicle stem cells resulting in new growth. Someone in china also patented a chlorine dioxide topical and is selling it there and has some impressive before and after photos on his site. Growth appeared after only 25 days. Thing is, if you research chlorine dioxide, it is a very corrosive substance. It has to be very diluted to be used on skin. Would you trust something like this from another country? Personally I'd try soaking in a swimming pool for a month first  (:

Hair regrowth after 25 days..hmm.

Id let the crazy amateur basement chemists at HLH experiment with it first before desperately applying untested topicals to your nuggin if I were you.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

shaftless wrote:There's this new rage on another forum about using chlorine dioxide as a hair growth stimulant. Chlorine dioxide is a gas but can be dissolved into a solution. A study in china proclaims that it stimulates hair follicle stem cells resulting in new growth. Someone in china also patented a chlorine dioxide topical and is selling it there and has some impressive before and after photos on his site. Growth appeared after only 25 days. Thing is, if you research chlorine dioxide, it is a very corrosive substance. It has to be very diluted to be used on skin. Would you trust something like this from another country? Personally I'd try soaking in a swimming pool for a month first  (:

The rage might be a new one, but the cure has been around for some time already: http://miraclemineral.org. I tried it back in 2009 for about 6 months and it wasn't easy as an internal protocol, I eventually gave it up because it was really taxing. But possibly as a topical it might be an option.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 am

You guys are great detectives. Yes, HLH has a bunch of mad chemists that will try almost anything. One person is even drinking minoxidil. May not hurt if it's low doses. I'm waiting to see what happens with this chlorine dioxide thing. Hopefully it passes rigorous safety testing before it becomes available here in north america. Would not want to make my own or order it from china just yet.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 am

I did a litte Googling and could not find the link to the study mentioning the stem cells. Would you mind posting it? Thanks.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 am

shaftless wrote:Yes, HLH has a bunch of mad chemists that will try almost anything. One person is even drinking minoxidil. May not hurt if it's low doses. I'm waiting to see what happens with this chlorine dioxide thing.
Wow-drinking minox, thats a first. Though I have seen reports of just about every chemical known to man applied topically, orally or injected by those guys (including urine and semen, no joke). Not to be a dick - I hope the best for the forum members and I have to admire their determination. Keep us updated anyway
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 am

Hmm, I guess this website was for vitiligo (whatever that is)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_539329240101ayg8.html

He did mention that he can give some free samples to try if you're interested. Other than that you probably have to go to china and buy some.

Here's some before and after shots from using this guy's formula...

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/viewattachment.cfm?attachid=38026&forumid=1

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/viewattachment.cfm?attachid=38025&forumid=1

and...

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/viewattachment.cfm?attachid=37993&forumid=1

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/viewattachment.cfm?attachid=37992&forumid=1

Hard to believe that basically mixing salt and lemon juice... (liquid sodium chloride and liquid citric acid that you get from the "miracle mineral solution" kit) ...can achieve these results like some are hoping for on that HLH site. But maybe this chinese guy's topical is a refined and concentrated version. I think I'll try the lemon juice and salt thing just out of curiousity though lol.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Oops, I guess mixing salt and lemon juice won't actually make chlorine dioxide. It's sodium chlorite...not chloride... mixed with citric acid. Oh well, so much for a cheap hairloss cure.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:06 am

Does anyone knows for sure if Chlorine dioxide is toxic?

A lot of conflicting information about this...

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickael Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 pm

The rage might be a new one, but the cure has been around for some time already: http://miraclemineral.org. I tried it back in 2009 for about 6 months and it wasn't easy as an internal protocol, I eventually gave it up because it was really taxing. But possibly as a topical it might be an option. [/quote]

Was MMS helping your hairloss ?

I understand that chloride dioxide have an anti-bacterial/parasite effect and it's a strong oxidant. However, it can also destroy the good bacteria in your guts. Topical MMS should the way to go (maybe with dermaroller to make sure it reaches the follicles ?).

However, I am still wondering how it works. If it's growing temple hair like they are saying it's probably because it is creating an environment of regeneration in the scalp. Wounding is doing this (follica do research wounding and I think they have a patent on it).
Mickael
Mickael

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Mickael wrote:The rage might be a new one, but the cure has been around for some time already: http://miraclemineral.org. I tried it back in 2009 for about 6 months and it wasn't easy as an internal protocol, I eventually gave it up because it was really taxing. But possibly as a topical it might be an option.

Was MMS helping your hairloss ?

I understand that chloride dioxide have an anti-bacterial/parasite effect and it's a strong oxidant. However, it can also destroy the good bacteria in your guts. Topical MMS should the way to go (maybe with dermaroller to make sure it reaches the follicles ?).

However, I am still wondering how it works. If it's growing temple hair like they are saying it's probably because it is creating an environment of regeneration in the scalp. Wounding is doing this (follica do research wounding and I think they have a patent on it).[/quote]

Not that I could tell, but I wasn't on it for long enough, and I didn't really take it seriously as a topical back then, although I had heard of a guy getting a load of vellus appearing as a result of the internal protocol. It's probably worth trying as a topical, but you'd need to experiment for at least 6 - 9 months to see any kind of real improvement IMO.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  playmaker Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:29 am

I've been looking into this too recently...

Found this patent describing the way it works.

http://www.google.com.mx/patents/EP0076159B1?cl=en

"After application of the composition, the treated scalp area is preferably massaged; the oxidising agent present in the composition penetrates via the hair pouches of the scalp into the sebaceous glands and the enzymatic activities of the 5 - alpha - reductase and the reductive coenzymes (NADH, NADPH, and TPNH (triphos- phopyridine nucleotide)) in glands are reduced or suppressed. As a result, only a small amount of the testosterone carried to the sebacous glands from the testicles is converted to 5-alpha-DHT, so that only unconverted testosterone and a small amount of 5-alpha-DHT are available to act on the matrix cells. Although it has been reported that 5 - alpha - reductase can be present in the sebaceous glands in large amounts and in the hair bulbs in smaller amounts, the compositions of the present invention are still effective because only a small amount of 5-alpha-DHT is formed from the testosterone carried directly to the matrix cells from the testicles, thereby promoting hair development."

I'm beginning there is something to all this "keeping the scalp clean and free of sebum"

A lot of the therapies that have come and gone seemed to have pointed to effective cleaning of the scalp and apart from its action of 5AR chlorine dioxide does seem to also keep the scalp clean.

1. There was scalp skin lady who would clean the individual follicles and that would supposedly regrow hair
2. There was the clay solution and that would improve hair by deep cleaning the scalp etc
3. There was procede and other acid treatments that would clean and break up fribrosis etc
4. DT seems to talk about squeezing out grease from the scalp etc

I don't know...my theory has always been that high DHT causes englarged sebaceous glands, excess sebum...giving all sorts of bacteria and critters something to feed on, causing inflammation, itch and dandruff...the follicles can get clogged with hardened sebum (that shampoo doesn't seem to clean)...choking blood supply....the immune system reacts to the inflammation by attacking the sebum clogged follicle and eventually hair gets thinner and thinner and hair loss occurs..

why does it happen in the MPB region? Becasue its already a low oxygen environment because of the Galea and tight scalp...Testosterone to DHT conversion is far more favourable in this environment....

Thats why botox and other manual methods that increase blood flow, increase oxygenation to the area seem to help.

DT seem to increase bloodflow/oxygenation, thus reducing dht conversion, break up fibrosis and helps eradicate the excess sebum, increases growth factors via mechanical force...

Chlorine dioxide...if it can suppress 5 alpha reductase and also keep the scalp clean, kill all the pathogens, reducing sebum etc...then I could see why it would work...though I don't know what side effects would come along with it...bleaching? of hair?

Look at this guy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dydb6kec9VE

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  playmaker Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:02 am

In another patent...

http://www.google.com.ar/patents/WO1985002543A1?cl=en

"Japanese Kokai 58-57308 describes the restoration of hair to bald heads by the topical application of oxidizing substances such as stabilized chlorine dioxide, potassium bromate, or ozone to supress the enzymatic activity of the reductive enzyme 5-alpha-reductase."

just on the ozone...violet rays...hmm...

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 pm

""Japanese Kokai 58-57308 describes the restoration of hair to bald heads by the topical application of oxidizing substances such as stabilized chlorine dioxide, potassium bromate....."

Mountain Dew soft drink has brominated vegetable oil in it. This could be the cheapest topical ever lol.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickael Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:08 pm

It's definitvely a hurting process. I found those pictures on the author blog: It's the scalp 7 days after the beginning of the treatment. The scalp become inflamed and he loses a lot of hairs.

chlorine dioxide grows hair Image
Mickael
Mickael

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down