Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil?

+2
hapyman
Gibson
6 posters

Go down

Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? Empty Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil?

Post  Gibson Tue May 26, 2009 2:37 pm

I use magnesium oil topically, and I feel it is of huge huge benefit. That said, it kinda sucks like ass: you have to start with a clean damp scalp, then apply, it slowly absorbs from there, and you have to wait until dry to get a reasonable dose. For my efforts, I have found that using it in the shower is not adequate.

The only cosmetic magnesium topical have come across is this:

http://www.detailsformen.com/5203069024375.html

Tough to say what it's value might be without trying.

That said, the mag oil is nothing I would wear out, so it is nightime only.

Has anyone else speculated about a stepping up the magnesium topical game?

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? Empty Re: Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil?

Post  Gibson Tue May 26, 2009 2:47 pm

PS---the gist is of what I am asking mainly is: Can we improve absorption?

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil? Empty Re: Is There A Way To Perfect Magnesium Oil?

Post  hapyman Wed May 27, 2009 12:33 am

I've put magnesium oil on my scalp right after dermarolling. It stung and itched for like 10 minutes but afterward the feeling was great. Kind of hard to explain but my scalp felt very alive.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Wed May 27, 2009 2:10 am

Gibson- I've been applying my magnesium oil to my scalp in the shower along with my lithium/dmso shampoo. I pour the shampoo in my hand then spray some mag oil and then apply it to my hair and rub and lather. I'm hoping the dmso helps with absorption, although maybe I'm not leaving it in long enough.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 am

I am not sure (have not heard/read the rationale for applying Magnesium on scalp) - my understanding is that Mg is needed inside the cells (very inside) so eventually blood will need to carry it to the cells, right? In theory it should not matter where the site of absorption is - as long as it gets into the system.

The reason to go transdermal vs oral is that Mg is poorly abosrbed via if taken orally. The best ofcourse is IV, then transdermally, then orally. As long as you leave the Mg oil long enough on a hydrated skin, you will get the absorption - in my experience, I need good 30 minutes of soaking 2 feet to get immediate benefits.

I find it wonderful to soak my feet for 30 minutes in Mg oil (Nigari based) - there is ABSOLUTELY a difference afterwards - I feel energetic, my ahces and pains disappear and I just have more subtle energy.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 am

I apply the magnesium chloride to my scalp and then wear a shower cap over my head to prevent it from drying.

Based on how my scalp feels, I believe this increases absorption instead of letting it dry.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 am

I need to figure something out, I never feel a thing on my scalp from either potassium or magnesium chloride - perhaps something wrong with my scalp.....hmmmmmm

I do feel a slight burn feeling if I rub MgCL on my face - so I know the feeling, but I feel nothing on the scalp....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 pm

In my experience you will only feel that burning sensation on sensitive or damaged skin. The first time I applied it to my scalp it burned and itched like crazy. Now it is more soothing and relieves itch. Same with my face or other body parts. Seems the more you apply it to that area the less it will burn over time. I think this is a good sign btw.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun May 31, 2009 11:25 am

This thread steered a bit away from what I had intended, which was basically my wondering if a more refined magnesium topical could be made, which was why I referenced that cosmetic product.

It just seems to take a while to get magnesium to absorb: jdp may be onto something with the shower cap, at least that would probably make it less messy. In my opinion the texture and consistency of mag oil is nasty--I was thinking liposmal. For me mag oil is like lasering: a pain in the ass. The in the shower thing is convenient, but too brief for me.

That said, what's the point. So what a little inconvenience: I would still have to buy the oil to use on my yoga shorts to prevent mildew.

Lund, you should apply it to your scalp: I have had some slight growth from it.

As for the burning, I am confident that it is the salt content: the expresssion "applying salt to a wound comes to mind." The more damaged your skin, the more it will cause a sensation.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

what is the basis that direct infusion on scalp regenerates vs systemic absorption of Mg?

I would admit, we do not know 95% of how things work and can leave it at that. I have left MgCl on my scalp overnight, and to me it seemed it accelerated inflamation of the scalp and caused some associated loss. It can be a placebo effect, but I decided to not leave it on the scalp after that. I think 5 minutes in shower is no good (from my experience).

As I have stated before, 2 feet consistently submerged in MgCl for good 30 minutes gives absolute benefit - this I know works systemetically. Does it grow hair, no evidence yet....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 pm

lund--

The way these things go, your body, your call.

But plenty has been discussed on these boards and others regarding how mag oil applied to the scalp is of benefit. Plus, I am pretty sure, besides myself, there are a few members of this board who have dropped testimonials about its usage on the scalp.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 1:39 pm

I agree, others may have had a better experience. For me it did nothing for the scalp - I am willing to accept the minority position here.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 pm

I bought this last month:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/barbara-hendel-magnesium-oil.html

It is kind of oily, so I started putting it on only before I went to bed and leaving it on overnight. As directed, I did five sprays. But as directed, I did not rinse after 20-30 minutes. First impressions were a) that it had a big heating sensation when applied, b) burned/irritated small points on my scalp, c) made my sleep restless.

I stopped using it for a bit and after some discussion on here, changed the process a bit. Now, I apply 3 sprays, leave on for about 15 minutes and then rinse. The negatives I experienced before have stopped and I've come to enjoy it.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down