Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
no alcohol? what do i drink then? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

no alcohol? what do i drink then?

5 posters

Go down

no alcohol? what do i drink then? Empty no alcohol? what do i drink then?

Post  researchingeverything Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 am

no alcohol? what do i drink then on social meetings etc? gas water? fruit juice, cola alcohol is not good...

what good excuse can i give to my friends to stop drinking alcohol?
im only 30.. maybe i can tell them that i have diabetes or blood pressure or soemthing else...can they know if i really have some of this health conditions?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

no alcohol? what do i drink then? Empty Re: no alcohol? what do i drink then?

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 am

wow ballsy post.

tell them that you simply choose not to drink anymore because it harms your health, numbs your senses and tastes like sh*t.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 am

I don't see any reason to be a teetotaler. A little bit of alcohol now and again is fine. You can still drink with friends and not get absolutely shit canned.
Drinking regularly and to the point of being drunk probably isn't consistent with a healthy lifestyle, but I don't think total abstinence from alcohol
will benefit you any more in the long run than having some occasionally, and if it did, so what? I'd rather live to be 75 and have had a good time doing it
than live to 90 being the DD every time. Again that doesn't mean alcohol is required to have fun, but in my experience it can enhance it sometimes. Just
getting together to have a few beers with friends is one of those experiences I don't plan on ditching even if I found out it would help me live another
decade.

But that said, there really is no substitute for alcohol. Alcohol is alcohol. The only other way to achieve a similar, but not equal, effect is with some other
consciousness altering drug. So if you are going to abstain, I'd just do the damn thing and deal with it.

Of course, I'd have a completely different answer for someone who had a problem with alcohol. My opinion above applies to someone who can drink alcohol
in a "healthy" way, i.e. intermittently and without dependency. If you are abstaining to get over an addiction, that's something else entirely and the best way
to go would be professional help. The thing with addictions is that your friends might be concerned, but usually not so concerned that they'll quit too, so quitting
addiction successfully sometimes finds people having to associate with different people, or find cognitive behavioral ways of dealing with exposure to it without
participating.

Last edited by AS54 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 am

BelieveInIt wrote:wow ballsy post.

tell them that you simply choose not to drink anymore because it harms your health, numbs your senses and tastes like sh*t.

Ha ha, sound like good enough reasons to me ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 am

I haven't had a drink in a long time. When people ask me (which is rare, because, you know, people are
into themselves and not hugely concerned whether I'm drinking or not), I usually say " not into it anymore".

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 am

btw according to gaps diet we can drink Vodka, very occasionally but not beer

http://gapsdiet.com/The_Diet.html

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down